1. 1. What do you think about the three step program by clinique

• Good and well worth it
    • Ok sort of good
    • Just sucks period
  2. 2. Are the products to expensive

• Yes
    • No
    • Average cost

So what you guys think about clinique products... I use to use it long time ago and it manage my skin very nicel... One or two zits here and thier but everyone gets that... Never knew why I stoped... Yea i remember because a laddy did a facial on me and use other methods to on my skin.... I think she fudge my skin up a bit.... Damn you... But thats the best and im happy now again.... Started back onto the clinique line...

So what do you guys think of Clinique

So what you guys think about clinique products... I use to use it long time ago and it manage my skin very nicel... One or two zits here and thier but everyone gets that... Never knew why I stoped... Yea i remember because a laddy did a facial on me and use other methods to on my skin.... I think she fudge my skin up a bit.... Damn you... But thats the best and im happy now again.... Started back onto the clinique line...

So what do you guys think of Clinique

I thought it was good when I used it always left my skin feeling soft but then I was a traitor and went across to Dior. But yeah good products. I like them.

Come on now people... I been using it for only 3 days now and my oily skin is almost non exsistent now... face baby smooth like a babies ass... Clinique is not ment to treat more then moderate acne... Once you decrease you acne to a few or non i would highly recommend just using clinique for maintence purposes... Plus doesnt take as long as the regimen... 5 mins and your done... probable less...

I say what say what... To bad i got you beans in my bag, your stuck up,stuck up, you corny fucka,tak a limp, you pimp,

i use the soap but it doenst work for me, and it wasnt worth the money, maybe i need to buy all three but its too expensive!

the step 2 lotion/astrigent was alright, but I never liked the soap (even after the astrigent, it still felt like there was a soapy film on my skin), and the Dramatically Different moisturizer was waaaaay too rich for my skin--always f=left me super greasy and feeling like I was about to break out.

Clinique products in general seem somewhat specious to me. The advertising looks great, but it difficult to find a list of ingredients for any of their products unless you ask at the counter. I personally get a little offended that some marketer thinks it is OK to ask me to to shell out $40 or $50 for a cream that is only supposed to contain "A high-performance cocktail of exfoliants" without actually naming a single one of these "high perormance" ingredients!

the step 2 lotion/astrigent was alright, but I never liked the soap (even after the astrigent, it still felt like there was a soapy film on my skin), and the Dramatically Different moisturizer was waaaaay too rich for my skin--always f=left me super greasy and feeling like I was about to break out.

Clinique products in general seem somewhat specious to me. The advertising looks great, but it difficult to find a list of ingredients for any of their products unless you ask at the counter. I personally get a little offended that some marketer thinks it is OK to ask me to to shell out $40 or $50 for a cream that is only supposed to contain "A high-performance cocktail of exfoliants" without actually naming a single one of these "high perormance" ingredients!

'Bout it in a nutshell. Check the ingredients. Nothing special, nothing that warrants the price, and, in some cases, ingredients that are actually bad for your skin. Like the the comedogenic emollients in the Dramatically Different Moisurizing Lotion and the alcohol in the toners. When you've got acne and your skin is already dry from all the treatments, why dry it out and why break it out?

It's beyond me why, with all the advancements in humectants, anti-oxidants, etc., Clinique still puts alcohol in their toners. They could make a very advanced product, yet stubbornly insist on sticking with this tired ol' formulation.

The ONLY thing I'll stick up for them on are their sunscreens. Great formulations. But again, at double the price of less expensive, just as effective brands like Neutrogena. I do use the Triple Defense SPF 25 when I wear make up because it goes on much more elegantly and the makeup doesn't "bunch" like it tends to do if I use Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer. But on no make up days, it's Neutrogena.

I used the 3 step system for a while, but the soap gave the same results as a regular bar of hand soap, and the toner was so harsh on my skin I came out in a terrible rash. The moisturizer was the only part of it that was okay- although I personally would prefer the gel form.

I absolutely love the clinique products especially the three step programme however I use the superdefense moisturiser rather than the moisturiser they recommend as its a bit stronger as my skin can get quite dry. I find the claryfying lotion can be harsh but my skin isn't sensitive so its ok on my skin. And the soap lasts for years it crazy. So do you guys use the three step programme or the male range as if you are breaking out on the male range it may be because the products are too harsh and maybe you should try the three step.

I used the clinique 1-2-3 exclusively while in College. I don't remember why I stopped or why I haven't really get the full system to give it another go...

It was great, I didn't really worry about my face while in college.

I dunno, I have since had 2 bout of accutane and is currently on doxy/benzaclin/tazorac ...

I know my skin is worse than b4 regardless of product, have to think if I should give it another full go.

I hate most Clinique skincare products. They just aggravate my skin. The three step system uses bar soap (yuck!), irritating toners (ouch!), and a basic moisturizer that's only so-so. I had better luck buying my products separately from cheaper brands.

STAY AWAY FROM CLINIQUE'S ACNE LINE!!!

I hate most Clinique skincare products. They just aggravate my skin. The three step system uses bar soap (yuck!), irritating toners (ouch!), and a basic moisturizer that's only so-so. I had better luck buying my products separately from cheaper brands.

I thought that they helped clear my skin up but I suppose people react differently to different products

I thought that they helped clear my skin up but I suppose people react differently to different products

Clinique's acne line is loaded with irritants like menthol, alcohol, caffeine, and witch hazel. The Emergency Lotion left my face red, burning, and swollen (I have used other benzoyl peroxide products and NEVER had the same awful results). Not a single salicylic acid product is gentle or pH effective (has a pH of 4 or lower). That is why I say Clinique's acne products are best avoided.

Similar comments apply to the three step system, especially to the "Clarifying" Lotion.

Bar soaps are best avoided because they contain harsh cleansing agents, often have alkaline pHs (which encourages bacterial growth), and the ingredients that keep them in bar form can absorb into the skin to clog pores. Plus bar soaps feel nasty and slimy to the touch.

The outdated ingredients of the lotion speak for themselves:

Ingredients: water purified, mineral oil, sesame oil, propylene glycol,tea-stearate,glyceryl stearate, lanolin alchohol, petrolatum, methylparaben, propylparaben, fd & c yellow no. 5, fd & c yellow no. 6, d& c red no. 33

However, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, and mine is that many of Clinique skincare products are expensive, outdated, and harmful to the skin.

I wonder if anyone else seem to notice that as we become more educated on what is good for our skin etc etc, that our acne has become worse?

I dunno, I had always suffer from acne since high school and when I didn't know that alchol was bad, but that it cools, my skin was actually better... When we aren't educated on irritant, comedogent and all that and just do the regular old things, we seem to have it under control... because it is simple.

Would I go back to clinique? probably not... I have a ton of other cleaners that I want to use up, things with Glycolic Acid, pH balanced and all sort of *goodies* yet my skin is at its worst in quite a few years and is currently under control only because of the 200mg doxy, 2x benza and 1x tazorac that I put on every day...

I am currently exploring the *head and shoulder classic clean as facial wash* thingy... who knew, a shampoo that may be good for your acne!

I wonder if anyone else seem to notice that as we become more educated on what is good for our skin etc etc, that our acne has become worse?

I dunno, I had always suffer from acne since high school and when I didn't know that alchol was bad, but that it cools, my skin was actually better... When we aren't educated on irritant, comedogent and all that and just do the regular old things, we seem to have it under control... because it is simple.

Would I go back to clinique? probably not... I have a ton of other cleaners that I want to use up, things with Glycolic Acid, pH balanced and all sort of *goodies* yet my skin is at its worst in quite a few years and is currently under control only because of the 200mg doxy, 2x benza and 1x tazorac that I put on every day...

I am currently exploring the *head and shoulder classic clean as facial wash* thingy... who knew, a shampoo that may be good for your acne!

I've found that since I've educated myself my skin looks better than it has in years. Plus, I've stopped throwing money away on products that don't work.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I like two parts of the 3 step system. I only like the gentle clarifying lotion and the gel moisturizer. Everything else is far too harsh and contains icky ingredients like mineral oil and alcohol. There's a big difference between the moisturizing GEL and the moisturising LOTION. It's pretty hard to get the mild clarifying lotion out of them too. They think just cause your acne prone that means you need something harsher with alcohol. I made it very clear to the women at the counter that my skin way very sensitive and would get dry easily. At the time I was using benzaclin too so that made my skin pretty dry. I finally got the products I wanted and they did their job. I like the clarifying lotion cause it got rid of dead skin and the moisturizer helped with my oily skin.

On another note the woman at the counter did tell me that the soap in the 3 step system alone wouldn't remove makeup. She told me that I'd need another cleanser on top of that. Why on earth would I want to further irritate my skin with using 2 cleansers every night?

I like two parts of the 3 step system. I only like the gentle clarifying lotion and the gel moisturizer. Everything else is far too harsh and contains icky ingredients like mineral oil and alcohol. There's a big difference between the moisturizing GEL and the moisturising LOTION. It's pretty hard to get the mild clarifying lotion out of them too. They think just cause your acne prone that means you need something harsher with alcohol. I made it very clear to the women at the counter that my skin way very sensitive and would get dry easily. At the time I was using benzaclin too so that made my skin pretty dry. I finally got the products I wanted and they did their job. I like the clarifying lotion cause it got rid of dead skin and the moisturizer helped with my oily skin.

On another note the woman at the counter did tell me that the soap in the 3 step system alone wouldn't remove makeup. She told me that I'd need another cleanser on top of that. Why on earth would I want to further irritate my skin with using 2 cleansers every night?

oh I was told that the three step system would remove make-up. And yeah the lotion and gel are totally different personally I prefer the lotion.

Don't quote me on this b/c I don't know if it's true, but I have heard that most facial cleansers do not remove make-up - it's not what they were designed to do. I was shocked too when Clinique said I needed another cleanser! It doesn't make any sense for me or you, but companies cash in alot of money when they make products specifically designed for one thing.

A cleanser will usually say on the bottle that it also "removes make-up".

I personally don't wash my face twice. I don't think that is good for acne prone skin. I just use the facial cleanser, and wipe off any extra make-up with the clarifying lotion. I use BareMInerals, so I don't worry about it affecting my acne too much if some make-up stays on my face after washing.

I think the Clinique system is a wonderful cleansing system to use when your skin is clear, or when you are using it in conjunction with the rest of your acne regimen; that's what I do! I use it as a cleansing system, not a treatment system. It is definitely not designed for the treatment of acne. Maybe mild, but not mod to severe.

I like the system's products b/c they are mild (that's key with acne), and love love love the moisturizing gel.