Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but wheatgerm oil is one of the most comedogenic ingredients you can get. The zero zits site rates it 5 out of 5 for comedogencity, 5 being the worst on the scale.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but wheatgerm oil is one of the most comedogenic ingredients you can get. The zero zits site rates it 5 out of 5 for comedogencity, 5 being the worst on the scale.

Really?! I use a cleanser called Wheat Germ Oil Cleanser. Guess what the first ingredient is? Natural wheat germ oil. It hasnt made me break out though. In fact there are quite a few people(on a different skin care board) with acne who use it and love it.

I guess theres always exceptions to the rule. Right?

Do you mean DianaYvonne Wheatgerm Cleanser? If so, there's nothing wrong with that, it's not actual wheatgerm oil but the castile made from it, or something like that, anyway that's not comedogenic but pure wheatgerm oil is very very very..... :)

Yup, thats the cleanser I use. Thanks for the info, its very interesting. All of this skin care stuff can get confusing. :lol:

This in a shampoo I'm using...I even switched to this shampoo because my regular shampoo contains SLS in it....even though I have no idea if any of this stuff actually bothers my skin in any way. I've never been able to say that any shampoos ever made my skin worse except for Pantene.