Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laraashley

Not rubbing in the BP

Ok, so I've been on the regimen now for about a month. So far so good. Got some major breakouts during week 2/3...but since then, I have only had two pimples in the last 2 weeks or so. :clap:

My question is this: I work at home, so I was wondering if instead of rubbing in the BP very gently and taking about 10 minutes to do so....if I could just rub it in a little, then just let it soak in itself? I know this will take more time, but I work on my computer all day, so I can wait for it to soak in. I would rather do this, but only if it is still just as effective. Please someone, let me know!!

Thanks.

I've heard its pretty important to have it completely absorbed in.... just watch dans videos he talks about it i think.... i hate rubbing it in but its just something u gotta deal with i use a fan sometimes to make the process faster

yea lettin it soak in isnt as effective as gently massaging it in

it shudnt take 10mins to apply tho!

yea lettin it soak in isnt as effective as gently massaging it in

it shudnt take 10mins to apply tho!

Well, I only break out on my chin, so when Dan says to go up to a whole finger, which I am, then it takes forever to gently rub in a whole finger of BP just on my chin. But, if it's not as effective as rubbing it in, then I won't just let it soak in...I'd rather it be effective. Thanks.

rub it on ur face till its all IN your skin

edit: here it is, i found it!

"Apply to 1 area of your face at a time to promote absorption. For instance, do your forehead first, then your cheeks, then your chin. If you apply to the entire face at once, you may notice that the BP dries before it is absorbed."

Ok, so I've been on the regimen now for about a month. So far so good. Got some major breakouts during week 2/3...but since then, I have only had two pimples in the last 2 weeks or so. :clap:

My question is this: I work at home, so I was wondering if instead of rubbing in the BP very gently and taking about 10 minutes to do so....if I could just rub it in a little, then just let it soak in itself? I know this will take more time, but I work on my computer all day, so I can wait for it to soak in. I would rather do this, but only if it is still just as effective. Please someone, let me know!!

Thanks.

My guess is that it would probably be similarly effective in fighting acne, but rubbing in the BP makes the texture of your skin with it on far better than if you just let a thick layer take a while to dry. Moisturizer is really important when you apply BP all over your face, and it will probably look like crap when you put it on if the BP wasn't rubbed in. I think you'll have problems with flaking and white residue if you do this. But, if you're just at your computer all day, maybe that doesn't matter to you very much. You might have to be the acne.org board guinea pig to get an idea of whether rubbing in BP makes ir more effective than just letting it absorb.

sounds like ur overdoing it on the bp

look at howmuch bp dan uses on his chin in the videos'

its around a 1/3 of a finger.

not a full finger

geeez if i applied a full finger of bp to my chin id be there allday hehe!

Thanks ya'll. I appreciate the feedback. I think I'm going to lower the BP amount that I use, since I only use it on my chin....and....fine!!! I'll rub it in :( I won't like it, but I'll do it if it makes a difference.

Thanks eveyone!!

hey i just want to say that it used to take me 5-10 minutes to apply it to my chin area too, i wasnt even using a full finger but i was using a lot more than i needed to because i was paranoid about not using enough. i cut down the amount just a little bit and that made me able to apply it to my chin in about 2, and it's actually been more effective because my skin doesn't dry out anymore, and dry/flaky skin just creates acne.

just so u know, i don't rub it in like everyone else here does. it probably takes me a few minutes to do my entire face. i take a blob of bp from my finger, and then put it on my cheek, massage it over a good area and make sure i get it to all the important spots. i repeat for my other cheek, my chin and my T zone +nose. i don't continously rub it until it absorbs. i haven't had a pimple since my last breakout (week 4, cleared by week 5). i'm on week 7 by tommorow.

ye rub is the wrong word thats why i emphasise "gentle"

so that u know not to rub like u wud if u were gettin a mark out a carpet or somethin!

your spose to leave 5-15 mins between applying bp and then the moisturizer so that should be enough time to let it soak in

not to let it "soak in" but to makesure ur skin has absorbed the BP before u moisturise thats all

u shud apply until its basically nothing there

but wait 15mins tomakesure its dry

It will feel like 10 minutes because it's tedious, but I bet it's more like 3- 4 minutes.

Rub it in, otherwise a lot of it will just dry, rather than soak in.