Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Lets try to be Positive :)

Hey Everyone! I have been on this site for a couple of months now... and I will be starting accutane in 2 weeks :dance: I have noticed that every topic posted is sad, mad, frustrated, discouraging... etc. I understand that when your skin is looking like crap... u just want to vent it out... AND thats fine!! We are all here to support each other.

But what I think is missing on this site is the people that are having success with their medication. I know that theres no point in being on here if you have clear skin BUT maybe if something is working for you.. you should tell others! I am about to begin acctuane and let me tell you.. just from reading all these recent "Accutane Posts" I am freaked out!! I went from being so hopeful... to scared to death! I have already been on it once so im more at ease about everything. But I can only imagine those who are looking into taking it for the first time.

All I'm saying is that yeah acne sucks but complaining about it.. isnt going to miraculously clear us... if you think things are looking better... then speak up!! I promise it wont jinx you hehe :lol:

BE POSITIVE AND HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE! (It helps)

Ill start>>> I pretty much have my acne "controlled" with this antibiotic and topicals... red marks galore (but theyll fade, and makeup is nice hehe) I am looking forward to accutane... hoping to spare the IB but if i get it, i get it, and by the end ill have smooth clear skin :dance: CANT WAIT!

This is a great idea. I love this site, and it makes me feel like not such a societal reject just because I have acne. But every time I started a new treatment, all I would find on here is how much Doxy, Mino, Retin-A, Duac, etc. suck. Just because they did not clear you up does not mean they suck. It just means they didn't work for you. That said, they didn't work for me, either. haha.

I'm looking to start Accutane in a little less than a month (for the first time!), and I'm with Jen--let's be positive, also! The benefits of Accutane far outweigh the cons, or no doctor would prescribe it and no patient would take it. So if it worked for you, let's hear it! And if any other topicals and antibiotics worked for you, let's hear it!

Yeah I know it works or i wouldnt be going thru it again lol.. I just hate reading the accutane posts that go "accutane is ruining my life" and what not... im sure it didnt work for sum people but the sad part is we dont hear from the people it did work for... why??? because they are confident, acne free, and got on with their life!! lol

BTW>> I forgot to mention when i PMed u.. that i changed my name... it used to be cutiexoxo121 :cool:

Hey Everyone! I have been on this site for a couple of months now... and I will be starting accutane in 2 weeks :dance: I have noticed that every topic posted is sad, mad, frustrated, discouraging... etc. I understand that when your skin is looking like crap... u just want to vent it out... AND thats fine!! We are all here to support each other.

But what I think is missing on this site is the people that are having success with their medication. I know that theres no point in being on here if you have clear skin BUT maybe if something is working for you.. you should tell others! I am about to begin acctuane and let me tell you.. just from reading all these recent "Accutane Posts" I am freaked out!! I went from being so hopeful... to scared to death! I have already been on it once so im more at ease about everything. But I can only imagine those who are looking into taking it for the first time.

All I'm saying is that yeah acne sucks but complaining about it.. isnt going to miraculously clear us... if you think things are looking better... then speak up!! I promise it wont jinx you hehe :lol:

BE POSITIVE AND HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE! (It helps)

Ill start>>> I pretty much have my acne "controlled" with this antibiotic and topicals... red marks galore (but theyll fade, and makeup is nice hehe) I am looking forward to accutane... hoping to spare the IB but if i get it, i get it, and by the end ill have smooth clear skin :dance: CANT WAIT!

I think this is a good idea!! My positive is last time I went on accuatane, i was on on for 3 months at 10mg, of course such a low dosage so little time it came back but can you imagine higher dosage longer length of time, there is hope for everyone!! By the way there is something called AN Lotion, it helps with red marks.

Would love to hear more positives

Yes, this is a great idea! I know what you mean. I've been a member of this board for a couple of months now as well, and I browsed through these boards looking for info on Accutane. Some of the info scared me to death and some of it shed some light *hope* on my current situation. But, I'm thankful people share their Accutane experiences, either good or bad. I just hope that Accutane patients that have successful skin stories to tell won't forget about other acne sufferes and leave the baord.

So far, I've been on Amnesteem for a few days shy of a month. I've been batteling mild acne and excessive oiliness for years. So far, I've noticed a minor change for the better in my skin. Nothing too majorly wonderful, but maybe it's still very early on in my treatment to tell. *keeps fingers crossed* But, the good thing is that I haven't experienced any bad adverse reaction! My t-zone looks really clear, around my nose and the cheek areas that's near my nose. It took all the blackheads away so far! Yay!! I looked at my face really close up the other night, with make-up on to see if I could notice a difference when I had make-up on, and I did! Yay!

For the oiliness, boy, this medicine really helps with this! So, anyone hoping to end excessive oiliness, this will help tremendously! When it comes to how my make-up settles on my skin and how it looks hours later, I feel so confident! My skin feels soft, smoother and looks nicely matte. I hope it gets better and better. So far so good!

this might not sound positive but i wish that there was a section devoted just to Accutane...

this might not sound positive but i wish that there was a section devoted just to Accutane...

I think the Prescription forum should be have an Accutane subforum.....

I'm not happy with my face at all. I don't have a job and I'm 22. I'm just now receiving my Associates Degree. 2 years left for the Bachelors, and I'll be 24... damn, will I even get hired at that age with no work experience? Fucking doubt it. DAMNNIIIIITTTTTTTTT.

BOO

BOO

BOO

I'm five days from the end of this course and i'm thrilled. I'm completely clear and side effects have been minimal. This is in stark contrast to my first course when the side effects were bad, and i was miserable. And i didn't even clear until two months after i was done the first time. I stayed clear for years afterwards, so i'm hopeful that the long term results will be good this time too.

I think the Prescription forum should be have an Accutane subforum.....

i second that one, so many people want to know about accutane or are on it. i search the prescription forum for the accutane related topics. it would be so much easier to have one dedicated to it