Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
left210

Tell me more about green cream

So what exactly is green cream good for? I read it is not really for cystic acne which I dont have but I have lots of clogged pores, blackheads, and whiteheads. Does it help with wrinkles too? Also, can you use this if you are trying to get pregnant?

So what exactly is green cream good for? I read it is not really for cystic acne which I dont have but I have lots of clogged pores, blackheads, and whiteheads. Does it help with wrinkles too? Also, can you use this if you are trying to get pregnant?

Hey there!

Green Cream is an over the counter retinol cream, milder than retin-A, (but strongest available OTC). Its perfect for exactly what you mentioned. I've had great results on it! There are some GC logs going in the personal regimen forum. Its actually marketed more for anti-aging, so yes, its great for wrinkles, skin tone, reversing effects of sun damage, etc. Don't know about the pregnancy thing.

Retinol is not recommended for pregnant women ... but I've recently stumbled upon another wonderful product for clogged pores that you CAN use during pregnancy. Check out my mandelic acid post (it's in the OTC, blackhead, and mild/moderate forums).

is this good for current acne or any kinda of shallow ance scarring?

Quite effective against mild/moderate comedonal acne ... but maybe not the best choice for inflammatory acne (Diacneal would be better).

Neither one of these is as strong as Retin A or Tazorac, just less irritating ... and available OTC.

GC does improve overall skin texture, but I haven't seen any direct effect on my small pitted scars.

How much is this Green Cream and can I get it at Rite-aid or walmart? I'm very interested in it!

It's only available thru derms and a few online retailers. If you click on the Green Cream link in my signature, it will take you to the GC website; there's a page marked "Buy" which has links to webtailers.

Level 6 costs about $40/1 oz. bottle ... the first bottle can last you 6 weeks or so, but subsequent bottles usually go faster because you can use it more often ...