Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleo1987

Is it ok to splurge every now and then?

Ok, so normally, I eat healthy. I'll usually have some fruit for breakfast, a salad with balsamic vinegar for lunch, and maybe a piece of chicken or meat for dinner. Snacks include more fruit and maybe a carrot lol. But tonight is the Passover seder at my aunt's house, and, well, she's a great baker lol. And there will be lots of food there and sugary desserts. These days, I almost *never* eat refined sugars. If I have a craving, I'll just grab a handful of some organic cereal and munch on that, but only very rarely. But tonight I'd really like to try to enjoy myself (before I have to be operated on in a month, gah!). So is it ok to splurge every now and then? Will I be severely paying for it in a few days?

Although I don't recommend eating unhealthy foods day in day out, I also want to say that there is no scientific evidence to suggest that acne is directly linked to diet. So yeah, go ahead, enjoy yourself!! :dance:

fuck it, last saturday i went on a splurge and ate like a whole thing of brownies, when im on my minocycline, nothing happens

if u let acne rule ur life then ye never touch nice tasty (bad for you) foods

but i personally hate acne so much that i eat what i feel like eating hehe!

fuck acne no1 here wil have it forever.

an as teenagers you are expected to get acne as its teh "age" u get acne

then 1day ul realise how little diet affects acne!

eat what u want wen u want in my personal opinion

Diet affects acne as well as the rest of your body. I back this statement with waaaay too much research and experience. If there's anybody that proposes treating acne internally, it's me. With that said, I think you should just relax and enjoy yourself. Many cultures eat healthy all year round and enjoy themselves on a holiday with no adverse reactions. It's when you make bad foods a daily habit that things get bad, unless your body has already been fucked up by things like candida like mine has.

Just stay away from trans fat, that shit is horrible. But if she's a baker and all her stuff is home made from scratch, there isn't going to be any transfat in there anyway.

Ok, thanks everybody. I just tried to relax and enjoy myself last night; I ate like I used to before all this crap started happening. I swear, I think I consumed more calories last night than I eat in a month. Sadly, I don't think I'm overly exaggerating lol.

But the chocolate! Oh, the chocolate. I haven't had a single piece of chocolate in at least four months. So I gave myself a break and had some yesterday (peanut brittle with marshmellows, chocolate covered strawberries) and I was in heaven for an all too brief period of time. :D I just hope I'm not paying for it in the forseeable future! :pray::pray::pray:

Also had sweet potatoes with marshmellows! Was like eating candy! :drool:

Im glad you relaxed and enjoyed yourself! i was in the same boat as you about two months ago...after not touching any 'junk' for 6 months and only consuming healthy foods, when it came up to my 18th birthday i decided it was my night...that im young and that food is a huge part of life...its a social thing. so i allowed myself to eat cake and m&m's and doritos....i pigged out...and i was fine! it only reaffirmed that everything is okay in moderation and ever since then i have been allowing myself treats if i feel like it...i no longer deprive myself of the foods i love and am much healthier in both body and mind! it helped me to overcome my food demons (i was bordering on having an eating disorder after reading too much and cutting out most things from my diet....lost 12 kgs in 2 months) and i hope you find the same thing. It now easter and im not going to deny myself chocolate and hot cross buns...food is good and life is good...both go hand in hand. Treat yourself every now and then and you wont end up bingeing when you realise you haven't had chocolate in 2 months. Good luck! :)