Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kei_fujo

dan???!?!?!!!

i don't know how many people would like this, but i was wondering if there was a way you could pin a topic to the first page of this board where people can post their regimen so that other's can see what some are doing and hopefully get some help. i've seen posts made a number of times about what people use and i just was trying to find one and thought it would be nice if it was pinned to the first page. just an idea......thanxx.

I think that's a great idea. That way, people who have had success can post what worked for THEM, and maybe some comments on what didn't, and others can learn from the experience. :clap:

kinda.......i just thought if there was a sticky post on here that people could put a short post of just their regimen.......instead of having to search through that entire board they could just go to one post.

Just wondering..

You know how everyone has different ones that work for them, and have had ones that havent, wouldn't they all cancel eachother out and you wouldn't really know what to do after reading it all anyway? Like 'I use this and this, but I hated using this' and then someone could go and say the exact opposite? Or would they post what their skin is like as well, ie 'dry, with this amount of acne etc' ?

I'm just curious, it sounds like a really really good idea apart from the fact it could be really confusing...?

Just wondering..

You know how everyone has different ones that work for them, and have had ones that havent, wouldn't they all cancel eachother out and you wouldn't really know what to do after reading it all anyway? Like 'I use this and this, but I hated using this' and then someone could go and say the exact opposite? Or would they post what their skin is like as well, ie 'dry, with this amount of acne etc' ?

I'm just curious, it sounds like a really really good idea apart from the fact it could be really confusing...?

yes, it does get confusing, but that's bound to happen as different things work for different people. i just thought it could be pretty helpful to some people too, and rather than making a new post if you change your regimen, you could just edit your post.

i think peoples sig's help enough like.

an those are the people that are active so its easy to ask them an PM them etc coz ul read a recent post from then on the board!

not everyone has their regimen in their signature, and again, you would have to search through posts to find them. this way there would be one post you could go to and find the info.

Yea I think it would be a good idea to have something like that pinned, espically on the international forums so people outside the US have a better idea of what products to use :)

Well, something like what you are describing could be done in the over-the-counter forum, or the general acne products forum, but I think for here in The Regimen forum it would simply confuse people. THIS particular forum is for discussing Dan's regimen, not everyone's personalized regimen, and I think it would totally confuse newcomers who are looking to do Dan's regimen, to see so many other people talking about other products and such in this forum.

i'm talking about the different products used for dan's regimen though. not jessfoliation and all that. this is the csr board. so i would assume people to post the products they use following the csr.......

well, that might work, except so many people have added in other products and things that aren't actually part of the Regimen. It might actually confuse newbies rather than help them.

yes, but it may help those who are having problems, by letting them know of other things that have worked for people.

i think your suggestion would work if they limited their post to products within the regimen. i think it gets confusing when ppl add all sorts of additional products cus i truly think you have to follow dan's regimen to a t (at least at first) for it to work.