Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenny.

will accutane help red marks?

just got registered with ipledge and plan to start accutane next month. was curious if anyone has had accutane heal red marks???

Nobody will probaby answer that question for you, but NO! It actually slows down the healing of those so they say, but for me everything is still the same, maybe you'll be lucky too :)

im pretty sure it doesnt help redmarks an more that usually slows down the healing process!

sorry 2tel ya

thing is tho in the big picture!

ul have less redmarks in the future if accutane helps ur skin

so these wil be the last of ur redmarks!

It definitely heals OLD marks.. but whenever you get a pimple during the entire course, the red marks lasts much much longer. The skin heals soooo much slower on Accutane.

Unfortunately, Accutane doesn't heal the red marks. I have red marks on my skin as well mainly on my lower right cheek. They look terrible too since I'm very fair skinned. During my first office visit to inquire about this med, my derm said it doesn't take away scars. Taking this med will help eliminate acne so new scars wont form. Yes, it's a bummer, but ask your derm about Phentia. I odn't know how to spell it. I just heard about this drug. It was precribed to my cousin once he was off Accutane to help take away his scars. Plus, chemical peels and microdermabrasions are great for taking away scars. However, people should wait at least 6 months post Accutane to have any of these procedures done.

I wish Accutane took away our red marks. But once we have zero breakouts, they'll heal up very nicely! Yay! :)

dollyapples, could you tell me more about this red mark prescription stuff??

since being on accutane my red marks are fading pretty well. i think part of it [or all of it?], though, is that i basically use jessfoliation - manual facial scrub brush used with cetaphil and followed by neosporin. whatever it is, it's working!

I have only a few days left on my 5 month treatment with accutane. I've found that because my skin flaked that my red marks faded quicker. I have noticed that i heal slower also....small cuts/cat scratches to hands took forever.

I've been on accutane for just over a month. My red marks seems to be fading, slowly...but they are going away it seems...i'm fair skin so they show more

dollyapples, could you tell me more about this red mark prescription stuff??

since being on accutane my red marks are fading pretty well. i think part of it [or all of it?], though, is that i basically use jessfoliation - manual facial scrub brush used with cetaphil and followed by neosporin. whatever it is, it's working!

Hi :) It's called Fenetia or Phencia... phonetically sounded out like "feneesha." .....something like that. My doctor told me I can't use it until after my treatment is over. I first heard about it from my aunt since my cousin took Accutane. He had severe acne and it's helping his scars out a lot. Ask your derm about it. :)

just got registered with ipledge and plan to start accutane next month. was curious if anyone has had accutane heal red marks???

well I wouldn't know about heal meaning I don't know what it specifically does, but I do think that it does help them clear up. Since most of my red marks were still pimples under the skin they started to clear. I had one that cleared up recently and I had it for about 2 years! There's a dent there but at least it's gone. So I guess it depends on what the marks are...

sehnsucht, you take a scrubbrush to your face while on accutane???? :shock:

yah...it's a soft brush...lol. it's by dermalogica and it feels like a baby's hair brush i guess?