Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thomasknowles

Have the chance to be great looking but look ugly

Hi everyone over a year ago I started to like this girl at work who is great looking and I really wanted to be with her and still do. But she isn’t interested in me because of the way I looked which isn’t her fault.

Basically my skin is so bad it isn’t scar or anything but really in bad state it is very rough, uneven wrinkle and discolor. The very painful thing is that if my skin looks normal I'm not after model skin I would be very good looking but instead I look very ugly and this is killing me knowing that.

I have known this for a year and have been patience I have tried tca peel, jessner peel and apeel as well as scrubs etc and nothing as work.

I just turned 19 now and I started to lose my youth but haven’t kiss or any contact with girls at all and started to seriously depress because I haven’t left the house for a whole year because of the way I looked and my parents want to get a job and pay rent I need something more from life than just a job I need my looks and women I love. But one stupid thing is destroying my life and I am losing the will to life. I can't live life knowing what could be.

Are you sure it's cause of the way you look? Maybe you are just been paranoid. I know it’s hard but you’re just going to have to get out there if you want to meet people. There are plenty of girls out there who will like you for the wonderful person you are but how are you ever going to meet them when you don’t leave the house? Just hang in there and keep smiling, it'll all be ok.

I can't live life knowing what could be.

There's the key right there. You won't know what it could be until you get out there. It's cliche and trite, I know - but there's truth to it.

Keep sharing, that's what we're here for.

Are you sure it's cause of the way you look? Maybe you are just been paranoid. I know it’s hard but you’re just going to have to get out there if you want to meet people. There are plenty of girls out there who will like you for the wonderful person you are but how are you ever going to meet them when you don’t leave the house? Just hang in there and keep smiling, it'll all be ok.

I respect what you trying to do we all act like perfect humans beings here saying looks don't matter but in that is'nt the really case else no one would come to this site about acne and how they look. If I was still good looking and nothing was wrong with my skin and she does'nt want to go out with me because she does'nt like me as a person I could accept that. But because it is the way I look that she does'nt want to go with me that is impossible to accept because of the way I would really look then I would know for sure.

Guest Crawford
I can't live life knowing what could be.

I know what you mean, i feel the same.

I got so much potential but im just being set back by this shit. The consolation is we're only 19. We still got time to sort this out and be what we can be.

I respect what you trying to do we all act like perfect humans beings here saying looks don't matter but in that is'nt the really case else no one would come to this site about acne and how they look. If I was still good looking and nothing was wrong with my skin and she does'nt want to go out with me because she does'nt like me as a person I could accept that. But because it is the way I look that she does'nt want to go with me that is impossible to accept because of the way I would really look then I would know for sure.

I know exactly how u feel, I've been going through the same thing as u as i just turned 19 about 2 months ago. My terrible acne started in September and got so bad it made me quit college and quit work. so I've literally been staying in my house for the past 5 months, I havent gone out at all with friends I just stay in my room all the time even on weekends, its been so terrible because I'm actually a very good lookin guy(not tryin to be conceited) and I would always have girls lookin at me and even be intimitated by me. But then my skin got so bad that it made want to kill myself, Its harder for us I think because when ur used to being really attractive all throughout highschool and then to have it all taken away from u to look like shit, it fukin hurts.

And whenever my parents get in a bad mood they always start bitchin at me that I'm a lazy piece of shit and y dont i get a job and how im goin to fail in life. I mean its kills me that they don't understand what pain this acne is putting me through and has made me appear to them as a lazy loser, when really I'm not. But thankfully my face has finally been healing and is looking a lot better and I hope to get a job in a few weeks if my face continues to get better.

Thomas i suggest u try out this Intense Gel R-ALA as this stuff kicks ass, I've been using it for a little over 2 weeks and it has helped tremendously, its done more for skin in the past few weeks than all the products I've tried in the past 5 months. i highly recommend it

you can't know for sure if she doesn't like you cuz of your acne...

usually goodlookin guys with acne are still good-lookin and like what someone said in another topic its down to confidence and how other people see you (personality wise) and how you make them feel.

If they find you easy to talk to or generally relaxed or in a playful mood when your present, you'll find friendships blossom alot more easily.

quote name='SunnyGorilla' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:21 PM' post='1079763']

you can't know for sure if she doesn't like you cuz of your acne...

usually goodlookin guys with acne are still good-lookin and like what someone said in another topic its down to confidence and how other people see you (personality wise) and how you make them feel.

If they find you easy to talk to or generally relaxed or in a playful mood when your present, you'll find friendships blossom alot more easily.

i totally feel you on this. i just try to remember everyday that passes is one day being closer to ending this shit, it can't last forever. we'll have all the confidence in the world when this is over.

I was first attracted to my bf b/c of his sense of humor which I happen to find very sexy in a man, my point is not all girls are shallow (some are though) but who wants to be with someone who only likes you for the way you look, plus nobodys looks will last forever.

I understand you so well that it makes me cry :cry: I would look so beautiful if it weren't for the skin. :wall:

Please be okay, please feel better ... :comfort:

Hi everyone over a year ago I started to like this girl at work who is great looking and I really wanted to be with her and still do. But she isn’t interested in me because of the way I looked which isn’t her fault.

Basically my skin is so bad it isn’t scar or anything but really in bad state it is very rough, uneven wrinkle and discolor. The very painful thing is that if my skin looks normal I'm not after model skin I would be very good looking but instead I look very ugly and this is killing me knowing that.

I have known this for a year and have been patience I have tried tca peel, jessner peel and apeel as well as scrubs etc and nothing as work.

I just turned 19 now and I started to lose my youth but haven’t kiss or any contact with girls at all and started to seriously depress because I haven’t left the house for a whole year because of the way I looked and my parents want to get a job and pay rent I need something more from life than just a job I need my looks and women I love. But one stupid thing is destroying my life and I am losing the will to life. I can't live life knowing what could be.

yeah that pretty much sums up exactly how i feel.... lol

I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone here. I just turned 19 on Monday, and let me say what a dissapointing day it was. Every year since I've had acne I pray and hope that I grow out of it by my next birthday. While my skin has cleared up a lot I still have some pimples, but mostly a bunch of red marks and scars which make me feel ugly and unattractive. Acne ruined high school for me by taking away my self esteem. It's also left me very anti social. Now I'm in college and I can't really say anything has changed. I harldy ever go out, because of my skin. Not to mention, I've never had a girlfriend. I really want to be with someone. I'm tired of being so alone and feeling so ugly. I hope we can all get over this someday soon.

Hi

Yeah can totally relate to this one. I'm 20, and I have a kind of block on going up to girls i really like as i feel my scars let me down...but then you get with a girl thats ok, may not be as hot, but she will be like oh rnt you beautiful y did u pick me..now deep down the answer is because i knew i cud get with you..the day i stop being scared of rejection is the day i will have a chane of meeting the girl of my dreams..

my advice try not to let acne change the way you live, the person that learns to cope with it in dailly life..is going be the strong person that people are attracted to! Yes its hard...but build it up gradually...confidence is the key....just go for the girls you really like..

Regards,

The Bolt

For the next four weeks I going to using greencream level 6 and idendone or whatever it is called. Hopefully I should see some improvement in my skin. I don't care anymore about having a girlfriend they have made their choice very clear from being completed bitches at school for example smacking me in the face to impress good looking guys and girls at work treating me I don't exist.

However if I can get my good looks back I can start getting me own back.

I was first attracted to my bf b/c of his sense of humor which I happen to find very sexy in a man, my point is not all girls are shallow (some are though) but who wants to be with someone who only likes you for the way you look, plus nobodys looks will last forever.

your right. ;)

Please have hopes guys, because not girls are shallow and superficial.

I have never been put-off a guy because of the condition of his skin. I know alot of the girls around me make fun of my 'taste' in guys' but I don't care because I love a guy who is nice and kind and as is 100% themselves and I truely don't care how severe their acne is. I think the rude, 'bad guy' atitude is a complete turn-off and woman are silly for being attracted to it.

But just because I don't care what my boyfriends skin looks like... doesn't mean I don't wish I could staple a brown paper bag to my face and leave it their indefinetely! :wall:

But keep in mind - If you have acne and you feel 'bad' because no super-model women want to go out with you then... well... i have no sympathy for you. Because you are just as bad as them. Don't expect people too see your inner beauty when you have no time for anyone elses.

Well I tried the greencream etc no improvement. So going to doctors next week and making very clear on what the problem is. The reason I am doing next week is that my parents are on hoilday so if he refuses to help me. I have a very tough decision to make about my life.

um well ur skin like doesnt sound to bad at all, you got any pictures or anythin? maybe some light peels my help, your gonna have to explain/show ur skin more though..

i know what u mean by like bad skin making ya look ugly, same, wish i looked like my photos which dont show my scars.. oh well.

Hi

Yeah can totally relate to this one. I'm 20, and I have a kind of block on going up to girls i really like as i feel my scars let me down...but then you get with a girl thats ok, may not be as hot, but she will be like oh rnt you beautiful y did u pick me..now deep down the answer is because i knew i cud get with you..the day i stop being scared of rejection is the day i will have a chane of meeting the girl of my dreams..

im not a malicous person

but do us all a favour and dont go out with someone because you "know you can get with them"...someday you may do this, and find out that this person has a brain and a big heart and wonderful warm personality, a great listener, a great carer, very talented-hell you might even develop strong feelings for this person...and end up loosing them because they find out your intentions and that basically your an asshole and you might actually end up getting your heart broken...im not making a clear judgment of you, i dont know..

but acne discussion aside/ that post made you sound like an asshole..

"Don't expect people too see your inner beauty when you have no time for anyone elses."

That's golden! Nice one.

Check out my new sig.. hehe.