Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An active ingredient is one that is like active against fighting acne, such as salylic acid (sp!?). I think the regimen suggests you get the most basic cleanser possible, and that would mean one without any active ingredients :)

An active ingredient is one that is like active against fighting acne, such as salylic acid (sp!?). I think the regimen suggests you get the most basic cleanser possible, and that would mean one without any active ingredients :)

no my cleanser doesnt have that but its ph balanced gentle non over drying and for the face, the criteria for a cleanser dan give me, thing is its just got those vitamins in it as active ingredients, its called simple moisturising foaming facial wash, others said that it was ok but now i get ppl sayinig it aint wth am i sposed 2 do

If it hasnt got any ingredients that are actually acne fighting and could mess with BP then it should be okay. I would try it and see how it goes, and I imagine it would be fine- just try not to change your products so much as this is likely to make the regimen less effective! :)

If it hasnt got any ingredients that are actually acne fighting and could mess with BP then it should be okay. I would try it and see how it goes, and I imagine it would be fine- just try not to change your products so much as this is likely to make the regimen less effective! :)

Just read your quote - I use simple wipes but then use a cleanser in the shower - do you think this is too much? I then use CSR and Eucerin. My spots seem to be worse and I am about 5 1/2 weeks into the regime and I seem to be getting more spots than I did befoe I started it - is this normal?

Thanks

Just read your quote - I use simple wipes but then use a cleanser in the shower - do you think this is too much? I then use CSR and Eucerin. My spots seem to be worse and I am about 5 1/2 weeks into the regime and I seem to be getting more spots than I did befoe I started it - is this normal?

Thanks

im 6 weeks in 2moro, my skin is still shit, ive changed products loads of times but now im using simple wash , oxy on the spot and aloe vera moisturising gel, i wudnt say my acnes getting worse but not any better either i get massive papules now instead of the usual whiteheads and old acne lingers for ages ( at least a month now) grrrr, o well ive tried not putting BP on them and 2 papules last night calmed down like shit!! they jst sunk like the titanic and now im waiting for red marks to heal, gona stay off the bp on my active papules atm see if it helps.

Thank you - I am going to try and just use my simple face wipes and skip the face wash in the shower as i think that may be too much and see how that goes. I have been religiously putting on CSR and Moisturiser so my skin is not dry anymore but still the spots keep on coming.

I need to get rid of these soon as it has seriously affected my life over the last few months and I have hardly gone out. I am trying to not let it affect me and I suceed some days but other days it is just too depressing.

Thank you for responding!

Thank you - I am going to try and just use my simple face wipes and skip the face wash in the shower as i think that may be too much and see how that goes. I have been religiously putting on CSR and Moisturiser so my skin is not dry anymore but still the spots keep on coming.

I need to get rid of these soon as it has seriously affected my life over the last few months and I have hardly gone out. I am trying to not let it affect me and I suceed some days but other days it is just too depressing.

Thank you for responding!

Hey Lara

I think its probably best that you do cut out the second face wash and just rinse with water when your in the shower, you don't want to over irritate your skin. Also you could check here to make sure your not making any mistakes that could be stopping your progress http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html. And make sure you're extra gentle when you cleanse, apply BP and moisturise- its these things that really make the difference, along with giving it time to work- some people don't see results up to even the 3 month mark!

Good Luck and I hope things start improving for you soon, keep us posted on what happens! :)