Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
extra74

Indian Black Tea

hi

I read that black indian tea is good for cleaning the skin... now... before I try to put it on my face I would like to know if anybody of you tried it?

Since nobody posted here yet I'ma say no extra74.

However you can use something called GOOGLE for free, it's a search tool that scours the internet for relevant information on all sorts of stuff, including Black Indian Tea.

Here's the google link:

http://www.google.com/

thank you very much for very useful information.

and for your information GOOGLE is crap.

if you want relevant information use yahoo.com and dmoz.org

if I wanted to search I could do it from the beggining BUT I wanted somebody's "live" opinion....

extra74, as i understand it, black indian tea is just regular old tea (Camellia sinensis), from india. green tea comes from the same plant and has more antioxidants (its less processed), and topical application of green tea extract has shown to be an effective acne treatment. white tea comes from the same plant and has even more antioxidants than green tea.

for the past 2 weeks, i've been applying warm honeysuckle flower and white tea to my face each night (with a washcloth) and it has greatly helped reduce the redness and the number of pimples (actually, i was previously doing well with nightly kiwi facials but i made a smooth transition to the topical teas). ive also been drinking the honeysuckle tea each night (i dont drink the white tea because the caffeine makes me feel jittery).

honeysuckle and white tea are potent anti-inflammatories.

unfortunately, the tannins in the teas form tannin-protein complexes on the skin so they have a mild hardening effect on the skin. but we really want to soften our skin so sebum stays soft and is able to flow freely. im investigating topical application of organic soy germ to help soften the skin, and the isoflavones may reduce lipid production and inflammation.

my next step is to put together a blended herbal tea with various anti-inflammatory herbs, which i'll be drinking several times a day (especially mid day - peak oil producing hours). some herbs im looking at are elder flower, heather flower, honeysuckle flower, white willow bark, and many others.

by reducing inflammatory mediators in the blood stream i think i can lower sebum production and hyper-proliferation within the follicle.

sorry maybe this was more info than you needed.

i would say avoid the black tea... try green or white tea... and look toward more internal measures you can take to heal your skin from within.

btw, gotu kola is another herb you might want to experiment with. its been shown to reduce keratinocyte hyper-proliferation...

I've been drinking black tea since I was a kid (mom is addicted to it lol), and if it was good for the skin, I wouldnt be on this forum, hope it answers your question.

Guest Gentle~Rain
im investigating topical application of organic soy germ to help soften the skin, and the isoflavones may reduce lipid production and inflammation.

Hey, when you get a chance, please follow up on this as I would be very interested in your findings....thanks!!

im investigating topical application of organic soy germ to help soften the skin, and the isoflavones may reduce lipid production and inflammation.

Hey, when you get a chance, please follow up on this as I would be very interested in your findings....thanks!!

will do. it'll probably be a couple weeks. right now im researching suppliers and learning more about soy products in skin care. i dont recommend eating soy but as a topical ingredient it's looking very good.