Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
easy step

switching/rotating tetracycline family to reduce acne

So Ive been on antibiotics off and on for four years. During this time I took some topicals and antibiotics.

1.I first took tetracycline for moderate acne and benzaclin, completely cleared me up for half a year.

2.Then it came back so I struggled until i decided to go to the derm again to get tetracyline again which cleared me up

so from here

3.Tetracycline stopped working so I was put on MINOCYCLINE which worked

4.But then it came back after half a year and got back on tetracycline

5. While I was on tetra I had minor flares but not bad, and I tried accutane out of curiousity,without a prescription

6 I never had initial breakouts and IT cleared me well for almost a year but then....

CYSTYS from no where!!! bad cysts too!!!!!

7. so then i took tetracycline to kill the bacteria, clearing me up well for half a year

8.but then..... again CYSTS

9.NOw I am on doxycline and clyndamycin which cleared me up but I can already feel it returning after being on it for several months

So my point is if resistance to antibiotics is building I guess a quick switch to a different tetracycline family can help. By the way I found a good drug that subdues cysts which is DEXAMETHASONE