Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my face is nearly blemish free.. maybe 1-2 actual zits. I have a lot of clogged/large pores and some red marks left over. Ive started going to the gym as of Today, im gonna be taking protein/glutamine and possibly creatine ether ester along with my Vitamin C/Zinc/omega 3-6-9 combo.. Should I be worried? I mean i worked out for 4-5 years and had good skin but now that all my pores are clogged it seems almost primed to break out, like its looking for an exuse :)

wish me luck, time to get ripped

Good luck. I think cardio benefits acne, I have no idea about strength training though, what with the whole hormone theory and everything.

You probably don't need an omega 3-6-9 combo, omega-3 is usually the only thing people could use supplementation with, we get ample amounts of omega-6 from meats and other sources, and the purpose of supplementing with omega-3 is to create a balance between the 3 6 and 9, since most people get way too much 6 and 9 and not enough 3, a combo supplement won't really help.

Also, there is some debate over whether combining creatine and glutamine supps in the same cycle is any more effective than either/or. You should research some more about the purpose and function of the two supplements. Lastly, create ethyl ester is expensive shit and it's not even necessarily any more effective than creatine monohydrate.

As far as working out goes. you most likely won't break out from it, be sure to do some cardio a couple times a week though.

so far skin looks worse.. 3-4 new zits but none that are eyesores.. I wasnt getting anything new. Dont know if its connected or not. Ive downed a few protein shakes w/ milk but milk never broke me out before so im pretty sure its not that either.

btw im so sore its not even funny. My abs hurt so much when I sneezed today I had to stop halfway

even though milk may not have broke you out before, try using water for post workout shakes, the protein absorbs faster if mixed with water, and your body wants water after a good workout.

all said and done, if you have a good diet, which is the foundation to any strength training, then you shouldn't break out from the activity. I've been strength training for hte past 2 months, and I've been completely clear. Just recently I had a kind of nasty breakout, 4 spots, 2 kind of big, I don't know what caused it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the weights.

even though milk may not have broke you out before, try using water for post workout shakes, the protein absorbs faster if mixed with water, and your body wants water after a good workout.

all said and done, if you have a good diet, which is the foundation to any strength training, then you shouldn't break out from the activity. I've been strength training for hte past 2 months, and I've been completely clear. Just recently I had a kind of nasty breakout, 4 spots, 2 kind of big, I don't know what caused it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the weights.

Protein tastes gross when mixed with water. Right now im using isobolic strawberry then I add a bannana, some fresh strawberries and a little bit of milk so its not so thick, tastes awesome. The zits I got aren't bad at all im just trying to make something out of nothing..

From my experience, strawberry taste the worst. I personally like either vanilla or choc, prob choc more. I'm not drinking any shakes atm though, I'm on a diet/break...

Protein tastes gross when mixed with water. Right now im using isobolic strawberry then I add a bannana, some fresh strawberries and a little bit of milk so its not so thick, tastes awesome. The zits I got aren't bad at all im just trying to make something out of nothing..

What protein are you taking? I use Optimum nutrition 100% whey, it tastes fine in water. Plus, since the water is so much thinner/easier to ingest, it goes down a lot quicker. Also, taste shouldn't really be priority when it comes to a functional supplement. I still mix my protein with milk for a before bed shake because milk protein absorbs slower, but for post-workout, I always use water, it's really not that bad.