Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SouthpoleSP67

TCA Treatments and Sun Exposure

I'm not sure if this has been answer, but I am extremely interested, as I have a couple ice pick scars on my left cheek, to get TCA Cross done. I have had two TCA peels done and have seen little results for actual scarring, but pigment has improved. My only question in this thread is how bad is it to go into the sun after you get TCA Cross and the scabs have peeled off? Also, what are the effects of sun exposure to the new skin revealed by the scabs? I know it isn't recommended, but since summer is coming, my friends, including my girlfriend, will always be at the beach and I cant stand being cooped up. Thank you in advance for answering.

I'm not sure if this has been answer, but I am extremely interested, as I have a couple ice pick scars on my left cheek, to get TCA Cross done. I have had two TCA peels done and have seen little results for actual scarring, but pigment has improved. My only question in this thread is how bad is it to go into the sun after you get TCA Cross and the scabs have peeled off? Also, what are the effects of sun exposure to the new skin revealed by the scabs? I know it isn't recommended, but since summer is coming, my friends, including my girlfriend, will always be at the beach and I cant stand being cooped up. Thank you in advance for answering.

you dont have to be cooped up from the sun, all you have to do is wear very good sunblock on your face and apply it every so often and you can enjoy your time on the beach. be careful skin is much more sensitive after tca. hope you enjoy your summer.

Guest President Slut

Ive had many many peels/IPL treatments and micro sessions including a full TCA.

Please stay out of the sun at all times for at least 1 months, when you do go out wear a hat, lots of sunblock and take a something like a folder to deflect the direct sun light. Im sure women can get away with using an unbrella though.

You can get worse pigmentation problems, and further damage the skin.

For TCA cross, you can actually cover the spoted areas with something, like a bandage so you dont have to be so extreme.

I know its not what you want to hear, but believe me, when you peel you kill the pigment in your skin and its natrual ability to protect itself from the sun, its important to let is slolwy rebuild without sun exposure.