Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A little history. During my teens (16-20), I had moderate/severe acne (caused by genetics oily skin and poor diet), got frustrated one day decided to go on accutane 10mg for about 3 months (had been told to stay on 6 but I had thoughts of suicide so I stopped immediatly). The accutane definitely cleared up my skin, but I just couldn't handle the side effects. Today, I still have dry lips and some hair loss, but I keep that under control with daily Biotin 5,000mg (if there's a better and permenant way, please tell me). Anyway, for the past 4 or 5 years (I'm 25 now), I've become very strict with my diet, I recently became a vegan, I take my vitamins and some herbs to control my acne. Right now, if you were to look at my face from a distance, it would look perfect, but no..upon closer inspection, you will see I do have some:

*needle sized pimples forming (disappears within days but it leaves sometimes a scar)

*one or two big ones on shoulder and back (with some preexisting acne scars)

*preexisting acne scars(which I coverup with a concealer stick) on my left and right cheek

*lots of whiteheads/blackheads(always on my nose) & certain parts around my face/shoulders/chest

*mildly oily/rough damaged skin

*very very sensitive skin

*some discoloration

*two medium size pimples under my skin left cheek (like bumps hiding deep anxiously wanting to come out)

*oily hair

I guess you can say I have a very mild case of a recurring acne, but it's only because I've changed my diet (no meat/dairy/little sugar, taken vitamins/herbs, drinking only water, orange juice, and soymilk, and reducing my stress.)

My skin complexion overall is is not smooth, kinda rough and on some areas seems damaged. I can clearly see my problems under direct sunlight during the day. I also have to emphasis the amount of whiteheads/blackheads on my face, it's all over the place...and if I try to pop any of them out, they'll sometimes turn into red big nasty pimples.

Mild yes, but it's gotten to the point where I'm just really frustrated. This is such a recurring mild case of acne/scars that it's terribly annoying. I think I could be a good looking guy, if only I didn't spend so much time taking care of my skin, I don't have a social life (I want to meet a girl and I can't!), I spend too much time worrying how I look, looking constantly into mirrors, I avoid people, I just want a worry free life when it comes to my face, I would love to just wake up in the morning and just hop in the shower, put on a shirt, and walk out the door (like my brother does), but no...I spend a lot of time in the bathroom, a lot of money on supplements and cosmetics, and it just seems like I've been cursed. Like I got some broken genetic code that was set up to make my life miserable lol ...It's not fair. I should living my life, not wasting it.

I've tried recently the following regimen:

*5 grams of Vitamin C 2x a day with lots of water w/vitamin E 800IU and 50MG ZINC (keeps my face from breaking out bad, it works)

*Neem Herb Extract 440mg Once a Day (stopped because it gives me bad headaches..althought I do admit it does work..kills acne bacteria)

*Milk Thistle Herb Extract (liver detox) 360mg 2x a day (helped a bit but not exactly what I needed)

*Amazing Grass Super Green Food Power Drink (with Wheat Grass) 3x a Day w/orange juice (great taste, and it does minimize your acne & scars, use for 4 weeks)

*Tea Treel Oil on spots (works wonders better than Benzoyl Peroxide)

*Flaxseed Oil (Essential Fatty Acids) 1 tablespoon 2x a day (reduces oil production, heals scars, highly recommend it..but it may not work for some of course, I stopped because I wasn't satisfied with results after a period of time, and at times it just made my acne worse I think)

*Fasting on water and Vegetable Juice for 3 days

I also bought Head & Shoulders Senstiive Care Shampoo and I admit, after 2 days, I saw improvement. I will continue using it until something very wrong happens. I also purchased the Burt's Bee Tomato Soap, and I'm keeping this as a last resort or until I'm done with my shampoo (because of bad purging I read). I also mixed up my own home made lotion with alpha lipoic acid, cetaphil moisturizing lotion, 5000IU vitamin E, Zinc 5000mg, Sulfur 10,000mg, grapeseed oil, head & shoulders (yes), other moisturizing cream ingriendients I used from other face cream jars, I think that's about it. I won't use it until I'm done with my head & shoulders because I'm pretty satisfied with it, but not completely. Oh and something interesting I noticed with Head & Shoulders, during your wash, dap a bit of it with with water on your lips, throughout the whole day i wasn't chapped or dry! I was really surprised. Try it out! Use the Sensitive Care Shampoo one because it has Aloe, Vitamin E, and Chamomile Oil.

=> Anyway, I found this product on amazon called Neutrogena Advanced Solutions At Home MicroDermabrasion System. I really have no clue how it works because I've never used one, but I think this is what I need. But I'm not sure yet. It does help with acne & acne scars, wrinkles, refining pores, etc etc... and it almost has 5 stars so..apparently it really works! I'm getting information that getting rid of acne and having healthy skin could happen if proper exfoliation is done? Anyone have expierence with this??

I am also seriously considering buying the Topical Vitamin A from www.thevitamincure.com

I just need your advice please. Tell me what's the best thing to do. I don't want to worry about my face anymore. It's really depressing me.

Take a look at my face and let me know what I should do :(

(I know it may not look so bad, but without the concealer, and if you were in person and under the right light, you would see the red scars...some on by back and some on my right/left face cheek. and just yesterday I popped almost every blackhead from my nose but it will be back for sure so thats why it looks kinda clear there. Again, under the sun I can clearly see my spots/scars.)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'm a little embarassed showing myself here...but I know some of you are experts on all this, so I thought I'd give it a shot and see if someone here on Acne.org can help me get clearer skin with my case.

Also, I have dark circles under my eyes, does anyone have advice on how to get rid of it? Or reduce it? It's really unattractive.

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

there ugo bro.

i think ul find that ur acne is very mild an shud clear up within days.

uve prob got only a few active pimples at all on ur entire face so i wudnt worry2much.

but if u feel u wanna apply topicals morning and night to clear urself up then the regimen is for u.

i personally think ur acne is very light indeed an u might want to simply find a BP wash (ask at a pharmacy they wil help ya)

rather than a bp gel

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

there ugo bro.

i think ul find that ur acne is very mild an shud clear up within days.

uve prob got only a few active pimples at all on ur entire face so i wudnt worry2much.

but if u feel u wanna apply topicals morning and night to clear urself up then the regimen is for u.

i personally think ur acne is very light indeed an u might want to simply find a BP wash (ask at a pharmacy they wil help ya)

rather than a bp gel

As your acne is only very mild and as you have sensitive skin I think doing the regimen only once a day would be enough for you, or as Dami3n suggested a benzoyl peroxide wash may do it for you.

I know its hard to try and not let acne get in the way of your life, but check out this thread- you might find it quite inspiring! http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=92198 :)

if your skin is sensitive be very careful when starting dan's...start with a small dose of bp and work your way up.

good luck!