Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

does sleep even make a difference?

I've heard talk about lack of sleep could cause breakouts or something.. how does that work? Though I have gotten more zits than usual when these past 4 days i'v e havn't been getting a good amount of asleep at all

Doesn't make any difference for me. I've gone weeks of 4-6 hours a night during the week and sleeping lots on weekends and i've also gone weeks just sleeping like 10 hours a night and my acne wasn't any different.

Sleep is a very controversial subject because noone has actually figured what the purpose of sleep is other than to keep people from feeling sleepy. Its realy quite interesting because theres this lady i think somewhere in Russia that only sleeps one hours a day and functions normally and is healthy. They're been psychologists that have studied her and talked to her and she says that she thinks sleep is "a waste of time and doesnt do anything" so since she believes that she only needs 1 hour of sleep shes healthy and functions fine with just 1 hour of sleep ...

so i guess it depends on how much sleep u think u need...

I've heard talk about lack of sleep could cause breakouts or something.. how does that work? Though I have gotten more zits than usual when these past 4 days i'v e havn't been getting a good amount of asleep at all

Sleep is not the deciding factor on whether or not your skin will look good,

but it definitely contributes to the appearance of your skin.

If I go to bed late for more than a couple of days

my skin doesn't look so great.

It's not even just about pimples,

but the overall appearance which is affected.

yeah it could, also makes your skin look like crap... have you noticed? like when you get a good sleep your skin looks so much nicer?

Guest nec77

I dont know if lack of sleep makes it worse but from ages 14-18 I been sleeping atleast 6 hours and my skin was still crappy. I then went on doxycyline and tretinoin and my skin cleared... now im off of the 2 and just use cetaphil bar soap twice a day. So far my skin is still clear, im not sure if that stuff cleared it or if its because I was growing out of acne. Now im almost 20.

uhh that sounds kinda stupid. if i dont sleep my muscles are extremely tired and i have difficulty doing anything...i don't just feel sleepy.

ye at first i thought the same thing but since ive been studying psychology ive learned a lot, ur muscles get tired because uve been awake for a longer period of time and so gravity has been pulling u down and ur body is workin harder, when u sleep ur body is parallel to the ground and thus u stretch out again instead of fighting the force of gravity standing vertically,

a good test is just to measure ur height before u go to bed then measure it again after u wake up ull see that uve grown.

yeah it could, also makes your skin look like crap... have you noticed? like when you get a good sleep your skin looks so much nicer?

sleep is also a great stress reducer as it allows the body to relax, overall people that deal with a lot of stress have worse skin than people who dont deal with as much stress.