Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering if any of you have tried mineral makeup? I ordered some free samples from Everyday Minerals and when I got it and tried it, it looked wonderful! It covered my redness, zits, scars a lot better then any brand of liquid foundation. I had it on all day, about 10 hours and when I went to wash my face it still looked good. They also have concealer but I haven't tried that. I would like to purchase some of this but wanted your opinion. It is non-comedogenic, which I heard is what we should use.

These are the ingredients:

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Here is a paragraph about it:

Pure and Natural. Like you, we believe in keeping things simple, fresh and natural. Made from pure micronized minerals, Everyday Minerals makeup contains only 4 inert ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, and Iron Oxides. This is 100% all natural mineral makeup - Free from oils, preservatives, fragrance, talc, and all other binders that cause skin irritation.

I was wondering if any of you have tried mineral makeup? I ordered some free samples from Everyday Minerals and when I got it and tried it, it looked wonderful! It covered my redness, zits, scars a lot better then any brand of liquid foundation. I had it on all day, about 10 hours and when I went to wash my face it still looked good. They also have concealer but I haven't tried that. I would like to purchase some of this but wanted your opinion. It is non-comedogenic, which I heard is what we should use.

These are the ingredients:

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Here is a paragraph about it:

Pure and Natural. Like you, we believe in keeping things simple, fresh and natural. Made from pure micronized minerals, Everyday Minerals makeup contains only 4 inert ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, and Iron Oxides. This is 100% all natural mineral makeup - Free from oils, preservatives, fragrance, talc, and all other binders that cause skin irritation.

I had been using bare escentuals mineral makeup for awhile & folks here have been saying it contains bismuth which can irritate skin. Maybe that's why I can't get rid of my icky pimiples:( Been hearing good stuff about physician's formula mineral makeup..bought the liquid, didn't like, then the loose powder, didn't like, then bought the pressed compact..first time trying it this morning so we'll see how it goes...drugstore.com said the compact worked wonders...we'll see:) good luck w/ urs:)

I use two kinds of mineral make-up:

1) La Bella Donna pressed powder. It's quite pricey, but excellent.

2) Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance.

I love them both. They are great for my acne-prone skin.

I think it's not too bad for your skin.

The important thing is it doesn't irritate your skin or cause breakouts.

I like everyday minerals as well (the samples are lasting me forever!).

For an indepth chart on makeup ingredients

go to www.zerozits.com

click "articles"

click "become an acne detective"

It's an awesome article.

You can look up ingredients and see if they are okay for your skin.

I think mineral makeup is fabulous. Love it! I started off using Jane Iredale, but then when I tried BE, I fell head over heels and threw out all my other stuff. I've been using it off-and-on for three years. Sometimes in the winter, I will switch off and use a light liquid. This year I used L'Oreal True Match, which covered and matched well when I put it on, but seemed to congest my pores a bit and also would change color if I got oily during the day. I have none of those problems with the BE makeup, though if I don't use the Kabuki brush and blend it well it can appear shiny on me.

Lately I've been using Physician's Formula loose powder mineral wear makeup, and I about 95% sure I like it even better than the BE. It has no shimmer to it. It will give a really nice, natural glowy-matte finish, which is great for me. Doesn't change color even during those tough 16-hour work days. Takes blush really well. Also makes a great base for eyeshadow. Plus, you get a lot more of it in each container than any other mineral makeup I've seen, and it costs under $10. I still use my BE brushes with it. The brushes PF gives are terribly rough, and full of dyes. I washed one of them to see if it would soften up (it didn't), and SO much orange dye came out that it stained the edge of my sink faucet.

Liz

I use Aromaleigh, and I LOVE it! I only use one of the powders from them so I can't really say anything about their other products, but the Porcelaine Oil Control Mattifying Primer Powder works well for me. I don't put a lot of makeup on my face, and it only takes a little of this powder to keep me shine free for long periods of time. :)