Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smurf

Need ya'lls opinon..

Well today i went to a new derm and the dude said he wanted to start me on accutane...only one problem... im taking minocyline right now. He says i cant take both and i have to pick one. Can anybody give me some feedback or advice here? It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm taking minocin which is an oral antibiotic. If he's saying you should take Accutane it's probably because he feels your skin isn't responding well to Minocycline, right? Give us more information. If you've been on the Minocycline for a long time and it hasn't been doing anything for you, then talk to your derm about accutane and do a lot research on it. Accutane is powerful and has possible side effects but it also described as a miracle drug. Talk to your dermatologist, find out why he wants you off minocycline.

Your post is hard to decipher because you can't make up your mind. If the minocycline isn't working for you, why are you asking whether you should go off it to start accutane?

Okay, well heres whats exactly going on. I went to a derm about a month ago and she perscribed minocycline for me, but since then i have switched derms, while remaining on the mino. I went to a new derm today and he suggested accutane for me. The mino is working, but since he never saw me before i went on it, he doesnt know that. Ive been doing lots of research on accutane and so far ive gotten this out of it. It gives you headaches, dry lips, dry skin, flaky skin, initial breakout, etc. It seems like a whole lotta bad stuff. People do however seem to say that it works. Does anybody know how long it takes for the tane to being working?

Go for the jugular and just take the plunge. Accutane is the best thing I ever did for myself and that's no joke! :D It took about 2 months for me to be totally rid of active acne adn now in month 3 my skin is starting to look really nice. I enjoy it :wub:

Read the accutane logs section if you really REALLY want to know what goes on from day to day. It is not nearly as bad as you think. Feel free to PM any of us in that forum, we're all more than happy to answer questions!

Awww thanks! :D At first i thought that everybody got an awfull inital breakout, but alot of Accutane jornals ive read never mention it. Most of them only mention the dry skin and dry lips. Did you get an initial breakout TennesseeGrl? I was thinking that since i got about a month till schools out....and i got a 3 month summer, which adds up to 4 months. That would be more than enough time for the accutane to take its course right?

Okay, well heres whats exactly going on. I went to a derm about a month ago and she perscribed minocycline for me, but since then i have switched derms, while remaining on the mino. I went to a new derm today and he suggested accutane for me. The mino is working, but since he never saw me before i went on it, he doesnt know that. Ive been doing lots of research on accutane and so far ive gotten this out of it. It gives you headaches, dry lips, dry skin, flaky skin, initial breakout, etc. It seems like a whole lotta bad stuff. People do however seem to say that it works. Does anybody know how long it takes for the tane to being working?

Keep in mind that you have to go off the minocycline before you take the Accutane. You can't take both at the same time. It's dangerous. Good luck :)