Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Diabolus

Tanned skin (natural) with darker brown scars..

Hi folks,

I have scars on my upper back and since I have tanned skin, it tends to scar more easily. I have managed to get my acne under control however, I have quite a few scars on my back now and I am trying to get rid of the discoloration.

Anyhoo.... I am reading a lot about hydraquine (sp?) and stuff... but I don't know how effective it will be for me. My goal is to get that area lightened a bit... doesn't have to be perfect, but lighter.

Can you please suggest some products I can buy (and why, even more importantly!), how I might use them given my skin tone, etc. I'm finally getting a clear face but I haven't gone to the beach because my back is full of dark spots .... in fact I haven't been swimming in over 10 years because of it. I am a guy by the way, if that is helpful in the least.. mid 20s and I still have acne from time to time though I've managed to control it lately (following some of the techniques on this site!).

I would appreciate any information. I checked out laser procedures but they are REALLY expensive and I'd rather spend the money doing it myself and avoid the embarassment. Also, are the Obagi products any good for this? Or not worht the money, or what? And what type of time frame am I looking at to get this taken care of?

Thanks a bunch!

Guest President Slut

for the discolouration, press the skin down hard, if the discolouration disapears when you constrict the blood flow then its actually a 'red mark' [broken capillary] if it is still there, then it is pigmentation.

Both disapear with time, however pigmentation responds very well to hydroquinone cream, get something at least 4 percent or higher. In 3 months it will be mostly gone