Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jules70

Better Late Than Never ~ 2nd Accutane Course

Day 120 / 30 to go????

Hello All!!! I haven't been here in ages! Very bad of me! :naughty: Things are going pretty well in the acne department. Was at my derm appt the other day. The original plan was 5 months but she said we may go an extra month. We'll decide that at the end of the next 30 days. My back continues to slowly clear. I'll have to post some new pics. Right now I'm dealing with 2 side effects: I'm SOOOOOO tired & my lower back is killin' me! :wacko: I'm not going to bother mentioning the dry lips and fragile skin. I look like I've gotten my a** kicked. :lol: That's really about it. Well, I think I'll take a nap before work. Take care :wub: Jules

Jules!!!

I can't believe you're almost done! CONGRATULATIONS!!! It really is too bad we all can't meet up somewhere and celebrate our fantastic accutane aventures comming to an end... no one else can really appreciate what it means, right? At least we have this board!! Take care babe!

Day 123

Thanks for stopping by Paul & Ang. /edit/ you too browneyz, snuck your post in on me. :wavey:

I had some bad news in regards to my script for tane. My derm and her assistant were on vacation this past week when my lab results came in. Whoever entered them from the doctors office messed something up. The pharmacy wouldn't fill my script, so now I'm over my 7 days. My derm will be back on Tuesday. :evil: I can't believe I made it to my last month and it gets screwed up. Unreal!!! :wall: Sorry, just needed to vent. Because she dropped me to 60 mgs I've got some pills left over I have enough for one pill every other day. Guess I'll have to wait and see what Tuesday brings.

Hope you all have a good weekend! ;)

Day 123

Thanks for stopping by Paul & Ang. :wavey:

I had some bad news in regards to my script for tane. My derm and her assistant were on vacation this past week when my lab results came in. Whoever entered them from the doctors office messed something up. The pharmacy wouldn't fill my script, so now I'm over my 7 days. My derm will be back on Tuesday. :evil: I can't believe I made it to my last month and it gets screwed up. Unreal!!! :wall: Sorry, just needed to vent. Because she dropped me to 60 mgs I've got some pills left over I have enough for one pill every other day. Guess I'll have to wait and see what Tuesday brings.

Hope you all have a good weekend! ;)

Hey Jules,

Don't worry....the drug is in your system. You will be fine. That happened to me one of the months I was on accutane. You will get your last month and the only thing that will change is your end date :D You will be done soon and I wish you many clear days ;)

Ang

Hey Jules,

30 days to go (or less)!! Before you know it, you'll be a member of the post-Tane club. I wouldn't sweat the few days without Accutane. I had to do something similar once during my course and everything was fine. But I'm like you - I didn't want to miss a single pill!

Here's to smooth sailing and clear skin for a long, long time!!

P&W

Thanks for the boost Ang and P&W. It was just a bit of a let down to have a break in my course. You both obviously understand, having been there yourselves. ;) Appreciate it! :wub: Jules

Day 125!!

Not much to report in the acne department! My face has cleared up almost completely. Still have some blocked pores that just don't want to clear. Mostly on and along side my nose. My back continues to slowly clear. Still have nasties being purged out. My lips and the inside of my nose are really dry! (vaseline is my best friend :lol: ) I'm so tired, I feel like most of my energy is zapped! And my lower back is killin' me! :wacko: I can never seem to get comfy.

Should be hearing from the derm tomorrow. The office screwed up entering my info into iPledge while she was on vacation. I'll find out tomorrow if I have to wait till next month to get my next script. I'm already freakin' out about not having my meds. You almost become addicted to this stuff. This was supposed to be my last month. Guess not. :wall:

~~ edit ~~ I picked my tane up today 8-15-06 ~~ :dance:

Take care all! :wub: Jules

Wow the new pics look great :D

You can see a major improvement there..

Way to go Jules :D

cj

Day 133

Hello All!!

Question for the post-taners out there..............................

I'm just reaching the 4 1/2 month mark on accutane. I'm ready to get off the drug. I'm starting to feel like crap. I'm tired, no energy, my lower back is killin' me, my cholesterol is too high, I've had a mild headache since Sunday and my gyno won't script me my birth control pills because my blood pressure was up. (I took it today and it was fine. I have to go back next week to have it taken again) My derm and I were considering going to month 6 on accutane. I'm not sure I want to do it. Was thinking about going back to 40 mgs a day for that last month. Just curious what you post-taners thought. Did any of you feel like this. I'm not depressed just tired.

BTW............. Went to a Toby Keith concert on Sunday (which could explain the headache LOL) It was FaNtAsTiC!!!!! :cool:

Day 133

Hello All!!

Question for the post-taners out there..............................

I'm just reaching the 4 1/2 month mark on accutane. I'm ready to get off the drug. I'm starting to feel like crap. I'm tired, no energy, my lower back is killin' me, my cholesterol is too high, I've had a mild headache since Sunday and my gyno won't script me my birth control pills because my blood pressure was up. (I took it today and it was fine. I have to go back next week to have it taken again) My derm and I were considering going to month 6 on accutane. I'm not sure I want to do it. Was thinking about going back to 40 mgs a day for that last month. Just curious what you post-taners thought. Did any of you feel like this. I'm not depressed just tired.

BTW............. Went to a Toby Keith concert on Sunday (which could explain the headache LOL) It was FaNtAsTiC!!!!! :cool:

Dude, when I was on accutane last summer I would go and work and come straight home and go to sleep... pretty much every day. The stuff will make you tired, it's an unfortunate side affect. Youre too close now to just stop, stick in there.

Hey Jules,

I know what you mean, I am just counting down the days till this is over. I've given up on trying to get to the gym, its just too exhausting, I need all my energy just to make it through the day. I'd say give it another month if you can, if your still purging on your back. You've come this far, dont give up yet. I was still purging alot in month five, month 6th I dont think I got any white heads, just little red pimples. One month can make all the difference I think. Thats just my opinion.

Keep at it girl, your almost there!

An :rolleyes: dy

Hey Jules,

Hang in there buddy. I know what you mean about being tired. When I was on Accutane, I slept so much. If I wasnt sleeping in a lecture hall at uni, I was sleeping at my mate's place in college or on the bus or at home.

My blood pressure increased and so did my cholesterol. The doctors monitored me to make sure I was ok.

I did my best to eat as healthily as I could so as not to exacerbate the problem, and when I did, I felt a little better too.

I used to have cystic acne on my back, but the Accutane fixed it up. After Accutane, my BP and cholesterol went down and I am no longer lethargic all the time.

Perhaps your dermatologist might be able to give you some good advice about your health (triglyceride levels and blood pressure) and the side effects you are experiencing. For example, is there anything you can do to reduce your cholesterol or your blood pressure... or are you allowed to take glucosamine supplements that might help with your back or joint pain? It's always best to talk to your doc about these things!

Hope things work out for you, I have my fingers crossed!

Cheers

Snowy

Ya, I kinda feel like crap too.... tired, sore, etc. I still go to the gym though.

I'd stick it out and get it done, its an investment right?

Hang in there, we're almost through....

Day 146

bushie / Thanks for the encourgement! :)

Fgurl / I'm with you on the tired part of things. I've been exhausted. I think that that's the side effect I can't wait to get over.

snowflake / Thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about the blood pressure. I think it was the nurses fault anyway. My regular doc said that my cholesterol will return to normal once I'm finished. I just have to get thru the next month with my derm.

Andy / I'm gonna suck it up and stick it out!!! :box: (me vs acne)

timy / Thanks for stopping by and posting. Welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello All!! :wavey: Haven't been here in a bit. Hope everyone is doing well.

Yup! Day 146. Almost done with month 5. I have to admit to you all that I've been really bad about taking my meds the past few weeks. The headaches that I mentioned in my last post, well they've been hanging around. At first I thought it was allergies but it wasn't. Then I wondered about the tane so I dropped my dose to 40mgs a day. Seems to be helping. Of course I missed a few days in there as well. As you can see from my pics I'm having a flair up on my back. I didn't take a pic but I've got a pimple under the skin on my chin which always seemed to happen around my period. Well guess what time it is. (sorry to the guys) :wacko: My next appointment with the derm is 9/12 (next Tuesday) I'm a little discouraged by this flair up. It's been a while since I've had one. :(

Lips are still chapped, hair is dry and I've noticed that I'm loosing more hair than normal in the shower lately, headaches that advil only takes the edge off of. Oh, and did I mention that I'm tired. The end of the course is worse that the beginning if you ask me. LOL

Just a little bummed right now. Thanks for letting me bitch and making it to the end of my post. Take care! :wub:

post-37559-1157416246_thumb.jpg

post-37559-1157416246_thumb.jpg

The end of the course is worse that the beginning if you ask me. LOL

Yes! I agree with you 100% It seems like some of the side effects (e.g., fatique, sore eyes) just get worse over time. Oh well, it's gonna end eventually...

Sorry to hear you're having a bit of a flare-up - do you think it's because you've been taking a lower dose? Don't worry though, I'm sure it's gonna clear up in no time. Take care, Jules! :)

Tanya

Day 154

Hello!! Had my appt with the derm today. Just finishing month 5. We decided to go the extra month. YIPPY!! So I'll be on tane for a total of six months. My back is not as clear as I'd hoped it would be this far into things. But I guess AmberLynn was right, body acne takes longer to clear. Otherwise things seem to be going alright. Just dealing with the same old side effects. Dry lips, nose (inside) and hair. My nails feel thinner right now. You know, fragile. That's kinda new. The headaches are pretty much gone right now. Have been for a little over a week now. Thank goodness. They could be brutal. ICK . Still really tired. Don't feel like doing much. LOL Haven't been either. Oh well, one more month and I can start to get back to relative normal. :blink:

Hey All! :wavey: Just picked up my last script today. It's my final month on tane. :dance: Of course the pharmacy only had enough for 1/2 my script so I have to get the rest of it on Tuesday. That's okay though because IT'S MY LAST MONTH!! I'm slightly estatic about this if you haven't noticed. That's all I really had to say tonight. :D

Day 163

Hello All!! Haven't been around in a bit. Getting towards the end now. Feels good. :dance: Can't believe I'm coming up on 6 months already! You all weren't kidding when you said time flies by on this drug. I'm still seeing improvement even if it's really, really slow. :lol: For some of you senior tane members..... If you had bacne did you find that it took a lot longer to clear?? Otherwise things are going well. I think the skin on my face looks really good, just a little dry around my chin. My other side effects are all the regular things. The only thing that is really getting to me right now is I'm exhausted. Don't know how to explain it. I'm passed being tired, I'm exhausted.

I went to the Big E in Massachusetts on Monday. Ate myself silly and did way too much walking. My feet and legs were killing me by the end of the day. Bought a really cool pair of cowboy boots though.

Posting some new pics in my Gallery................

JARREC!!!!!! :wavey::wub::wavey: So glad to see things are going well for you. We missed you around here. I was so happy to see that you had stopped by. I posted in your log. Good luck with everything.