Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jules70

Better Late Than Never ~ 2nd Accutane Course

Hi Jules!

Glad to see you are doing so well! That's nice that your derm cares about your blood work. I don't think mine even checks it. I'm thinking about not getting it done next month..... save myself a little cash. :shhh: Anyway, thanks for dropping by my log. I've been out for a bit, but i've missed hanging out. Talk to ya later! :D L

The months just whiz by, believe me, its so crazy.

Yay for upped mgs! I only wish I woulda upped a long time ago. Anyway good luck and congrats on one month over! :clap:

Andy :rolleyes:

Haha! I remember watching your gallery before and when I decided to see it again (today), I pushed view gallery, watched the the new photo and decided that this can't be you, as your back seemed almost clear, so I searched all over the forum (you changed your avatar also so it was more different to do) and came to a conclusion that this is really your back :D. Maybe the lighting was different, but you seem like a completely different person in the new one. Besides few red marks everything seems ok. And you're doing well! Only after 30 days. Good luck there. Really... :angel:

Day 31

Andy / YEH for the upped dose!! Thanks :dance:

Fgrl / I'm waiting the the extra dry phase to kick in. LOL The kitten was cute wasn't it. I changed it back. I think it's easier to find a persons post by the avatar. You can look at the pic and know who it is. LOL

Baravykas / Thank you :wub::blush:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the first day of upped dose. Decided to split it up. 40mgs w/breakfast and 40mgs w/dinner. Had a slight headache after each pill today. Guess I have to readjust to the meds, oh well. Skin texture still feels a little rough and looks blotchy. No newbies & the spots on my face are starting to subside. Otherwise nothing to tell. It'll be interesting to see what 80mgs brings. :mellow:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Jules

HOORAY FOR THE UPPED DOSE! :dance:

And wow, you look SO good! :wub:

Can't wait to hear how things go on the 80 mgs! Love ya girl, glad things are good!

NEW PAGE!

:ninja:

Hi Jules,

Lookin good, hope your upped dosage continues to make progress for you!

Have a great day

Taren

Hi Jules..

Wow 80 mg..

How is it?

I heard lots of people get a good result when they are bumped to 80 mg.. eg. Lara.. her skin now looks very great..

But you looks great anyway Jules.. esp in just the beggining of the course..

Sweetie.. by the end of the course you will look gorgeous.

Hey hun, good luck with the 80mg, I, too, got headaches with the upped dose, you will be okay soon. I heart you hun!!

No pain, no gain, it's normal to experience more side effects when upping the dose, and don't you worry, your skin is gonna go from clear to flawless! Take care sweety :wub:

yay for the higher dose!!! :dance: you will love it, i promise !!!! i'm on 80mg..i dont really have side affects besides dry lips..but thats just me! and sorry about my lack of replying....i'm sad :( and havent been coming here to often, sorry!! keep us updated!

Day 35

I'm still here. Busy...busy...busy........ Caught up on a couple logs today, I'll be back tomorrow for more :wub: I haven't forgotton about anyone, impossible to.

I promise to update!!! I will say: upped dose=facial flair-up :( =skin is way dry!!

**edit** I have tried 4 times :wall: and can not get the color to work for the second line AAAGGGHHH

Day 35

I'm still here. Busy...busy...busy........ Caught up on a couple logs today, I'll be back tomorrow for more :wub: I haven't forgotton about anyone, impossible to.

I promise to update!!! I will say: upped dose=facial flair-up :( =skin is way dry!!

**edit** I have tried 4 times :wall: and can not get the color to work for the second line AAAGGGHHH

80mg is one serious dose so I guess your skin needs to adjust..... Looks like your face is in very good shape though, so a minor flare up is a small price to pay!

hey friend. WOW, 80mg, im only on 40 mg for 6 months. i only wiegh 57kg though.. I wonder if i must up the dose?? Looks like u doing well. Havnt spoken in ages. Sorry i have been a stranger, had net issues. Miss ya jules

Day 36

Sarah / Aaaawwwww Thank you :wub:

Taren / Thanks, I'm hoping the upped dose will accomplish miracles. :lol:

Corrine / You're so sweet. Thank you. So far the 80mgs isn't bad, few side effects are back thought.

Fgurl / The headaches aren't bad at all. They hit me about 1/2 hr after I take the pill. Oh well, they should go away once I adjust. I already use Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap (have for years) I moisturize everything but my back when I get out of the shower. I'm petrified of these hand rashes and ezema everyone talks about. I've been using heavy duty body butter or body cream and don't go anywhere without hand cream.

Amber / Thanks for stopping by and back at ya :wub:

IBeauty / You are so right "no pain no gain". Believe me, when you read my log I'm not complaining about any of the side effects. I write all this for new or potential tane users so they have an idea what to expect. Things the doctors don't tell you. I know these logs helped me so much and still do.

Lvig / I'm so glad you stopped by. Dry lips are no big deal, that I can deal with. I hope you're feeling better. :comfort:

Bushie / 80mgs is a serious dose huh?? I can handle it. Hope to see you back here. :teehee:

Julz / Where have you been!!!!!! Computer / server problems huh?? So glad to have you back. :P

You all are so wonderful. I was so surprised at all the posts I received. I heart all of you :wub:

Wow, I haven't posted in a while. I'm trying to remember what's been going on. I've been busy with work, family and too much socializing :- Had relatives visiting from out of state so I spent time with them. Sunday was Mommy's day. Cooked her dinner. Worked day shift this past week. Start at 7am and I'm not a morning person. Hate getting up early. Past couple of days have been tough. Was up at 5am Monday morning, worked till 3pm, went out at about 8pm got home at 6am :ninja: , slept till 3pm and went back to work at 11pm (overtime) and got home at 730 this morning. I'm tired. :popcorn: The weather has been stinky here. It's rained for like the last 8 days here, saw the sun for the first time today. Had some minor flooding but nothing bad. Haven't been able to get out to bike ride :( Maybe tomorrow. Okay, I'm rambling.

Acne update::::: I'm having a small flair up mostly on my back this time. My face is flaking away again and a little itchy, I'm flushed and getting the hot flashes :dance::wacko: Hair is extra dry. I'm using a heavy duty conditioner and a leave in spray conditioner. I'm starting to see improvement. The achey back/shoulders has found me. Yuck!! And the biggey........... I'm tired. Although I don't know if it's the tane and self inflicted :P My nose is starting to clear itself of the blackheads, after I wash my face I can see the mini craters where they were. Over all everything is going WoNdErFuLlY. So far I'm very happy with my results. Hope everyone is doing well. Jules

BTW..........I forgot to mention. Could you all please remind me "NOT TO PICK" at the blackheads poking their nasty little heads out. I'm gonna have to cover the bathroom mirror for a while :lol: Seriously, remind me! It should only be a few more days for that right????

Oh and did I mention how DRY I AM!!

Sorry, thanks for reading. :wacko:

i am SO glad to hear you are doing so well. :D and dont pick at those blackheads -- they will come out evenutally, just give them time. i am currently blackhead free on my nose...and that sad part is i cant remember a time before blackheads on my nose..i finally know what your pores on your nose are suppose to look like !!!!! and yours are clearing already, so you're almost there !!!!

:clap: I can't tell you how happy I was to read that things are going well! You're having some side effects which is expected, but I am SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE HAPPY! :D:lol:

Thanks for making my day! :wub:

Wow, I haven't posted in a while. I'm trying to remember what's been going on. I've been busy with work, family and too much socializing :- Had relatives visiting from out of state so I spent time with them. Sunday was Mommy's day. Cooked her dinner. Worked day shift this past week. Start at 7am and I'm not a morning person. Hate getting up early. Past couple of days have been tough. Was up at 5am Monday morning, worked till 3pm, went out at about 8pm got home at 6am :ninja: , slept till 3pm and went back to work at 11pm (overtime) and got home at 730 this morning. I'm tired. :popcorn: The weather has been stinky here. It's rained for like the last 8 days here, saw the sun for the first time today. Had some minor flooding but nothing bad. Haven't been able to get out to bike ride :( Maybe tomorrow. Okay, I'm rambling.

Wow Jules.. that must be quite tiring.. Take care of yourself.. eat vit C :D. That will help to boost our immune system.

I won't be able to go for morning shift like yours.. it's quite difficult to switch over my bed time :).

I am so used to wake up early so even on weekend I still wake up that early as well.. (that's bad) haha..

Hope the weather is better today..

Acne update::::: I'm having a small flair up mostly on my back this time. My face is flaking away again and a little itchy, I'm flushed and getting the hot flashes :dance: :wacko: Hair is extra dry. I'm using a heavy duty conditioner and a leave in spray conditioner. I'm starting to see improvement. The achey back/shoulders has found me. Yuck!! And the biggey........... I'm tired. Although I don't know if it's the tane and self inflicted :P My nose is starting to clear itself of the blackheads, after I wash my face I can see the mini craters where they were. Over all everything is going WoNdErFuLlY. So far I'm very happy with my results. Hope everyone is doing well. Jules

hahah.. the way you handle this bad things is sooo cool :).

I also got back ache.. and tired most of the time.

ANd 1 thing I recognised.. I become so inefficient.. hahah..

Glad that overall thing is going wonderfully for you.

Cheers

Corrine

Day 36

Acne update::::: I'm having a small flair up mostly on my back this time. My face is flaking away again and a little itchy, I'm flushed and getting the hot flashes :dance: :wacko: Hair is extra dry. I'm using a heavy duty conditioner and a leave in spray conditioner. I'm starting to see improvement. The achey back/shoulders has found me. Yuck!! And the biggey........... I'm tired. Although I don't know if it's the tane and self inflicted :P My nose is starting to clear itself of the blackheads, after I wash my face I can see the mini craters where they were. Over all everything is going WoNdErFuLlY. So far I'm very happy with my results. Hope everyone is doing well. Jules

Hey Jules! :) I got surprised when I read that your derm has upped your dosage to 80mg a day. I hope it works out for the best, though. I might be getting upped from 40 to 80 as well.

Good news about the blackheads! I hope mine clears itself up someday. Glad to hear you're happy with your results thus far. :)