Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jules70

Better Late Than Never ~ 2nd Accutane Course

I remember Patrick Dempsey back from the movie "Can't Buy Me Love"..lol. And another one where he was a pizza delivery guy who spent time with these older women who paid him...i forget the name.

Loverboy ;)

hi jules,

yes we can see a good improvement there..looks good..keep the good work up..hehe..you'll have clear skin soon :D

Hope your headaches are gone...

How is that humidifier working for you? I have had the dry stingy nose with blood (:sick:) and I wanted to know if that helps you! :)

Glad to hear everything else is going well! Keep up the great work! You look fantastic!

Day 22

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments you guys!! :wub: It's really nice to see improvement this early on. I'm being realistic thought. I know I could blowup with a breakout at any time! :lol:

So.... Not too much new to report on. My skin is still flaking pretty good on my chin and around my nose. Looks kinda funny :lol: . Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself! Nose is still really dry. I picked up some saline nose spray yesturday, we'll see if it makes a difference. Sarah, I haven't picked up the humidifier yet. When I do I promise to let you all know if it makes a difference. The skin on my nose isn't "rough" anymore but the blackheads are "blacker" if that makes sense. Last night when I was washing my face it struck me as kinda funny that when I went to rinse the washcloth is was covered (not caked ;) ) with my makeup. It dawned on me that I don't have to blot my face anymore and the makeup is actually staying where I put it all day. That's never happened before. Just one of the weird things that happen when your on tane I guess!! I'm still having the headaches but I think it may be my allergies. Everything is in bloom here and getting covered in pollon. I picked up some Claritin. We'll see if that helps. Took the first pill about an hour ago.

Gotta go get ready for work. :dance: Hope you all have a great day!!

HI Jules..

So greatt to see that you are making a wonderful progress everyday.

Well, honestly you look gorgeous.

I see from your regimen that you are using bare minerals.. is that good?

I have been thinking to switch from Clinique to Bare Minerals..

Which one are you using.. and how did you wash out your make up?

Are you using a special cleanser?

Thanks Jules..

Wish you a great day..

Hi Corrine. Thank you! You're so sweet! :wub:

I swiched over to bare minerals just before starting accutane. I know someone who uses it and she raved about it. I like it because in goes on light like a powder not cakey like liquid. And now that I'm in the dry phase and not an oil slick I like it much better. All I use is the foundation color and the mineral veil. I don't need any other color because I've got the wonderful color accutane has given to my cheeks! :lol:

I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I like it. Again not so crazy about it until I hit the dry phase but I'm loving it now. If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to ask away!! Hope your day is great over there on the other side of the world. (crazy isn't it!!) Jules

Hay Jules. Is it ok to take the Claritin with Accutane? I have monstrous allergies right now. I like Alavert usually when my allergies go haywire. I am waiting for the doctor to call to let me know if it is alright to take with Accutane.

Hey you got your name changed back. YEH :dance:

I checked with the pharmacy before I bought it to make sure there would be no complication. The pharmacist (sp) told me they were okay to take together. I take the allergy med in the morning and my accutane in the evening so I'm not taking everything at once. Hope this helps. Jules :D

Ahhh! Allergies are not fun! Sorry you have to deal with that on top of all of the accutane fun! :D Hope you have a fun filled weekend! L

Day 24

Hello Everyone!! Hope all of you are doing well. Not much new going on. Same ol side effects: dry lips; dry nose; dry lips and dry hair. Just dry! I do have a question though..... have any of you noticed that you sweat different now that your on tane? I know it sounds silly but I feel like I'm sweating differently :lol: . I went for a walk this morning and my skin was damp and cool, felt weird. Was wondering if anyone had the same thing happen to them. I felt fine it was just my skin that was weird. I also have a question for the girls out there that are taking birth control pills. I'm on OrthoTriCyclen Low and I didn't have a normal period last month and have been spotting for the last week and a half. I know that the tane can decrease the effectiveness of bcp therefore screwing up my cycle so I'm wondering if I need to go on plain old OrthoTriCyclen. I'm going to follow-up with the doctors but was wondering if anyone else had the same issues. Thanks for any help you can send my way. Think clear!!! Jules :wub:

Thanks for the response Fgurl. I was a little nervous. I'm and EMT also and the only time I've felt skin like what mine was it wasn't good. Can you say MI.??!! :lol: Not funny I know. Nervous laughter. It was just the weirdest feeling. As for the other thing, I have just over a week to go before I"m supposed to start my cycle and I'm having a light one now. AAARRRGGG!!!

Hope you enjoy your weekend. Thanks again! Jules

Day 24

I also have a question for the girls out there that are taking birth control pills. I'm on OrthoTriCyclen Low and I didn't have a normal period last month and have been spotting for the last week and a half. I know that the tane can decrease the effectiveness of bcp therefore screwing up my cycle so I'm wondering if I need to go on plain old OrthoTriCyclen. I'm going to follow-up with the doctors but was wondering if anyone else had the same issues. Thanks for any help you can send my way. Think clear!!! Jules :wub:

Hi!

I had the exact same experience while on OrthoTriCyLo. When I asked my obgyn about it, she said that she really doesn't like the stuff. She said that in her experience more people have problems on it than any other BCP, so she rarely prescribes it. She switched me to estro step. and I haven't had any probs. Hope that helps! L

hey! sounds like you're doing well! haha yes i also love how my make-up stays on! its amazing! :D but what i would really love is not having to wear make-up.... :( i'll take notice if i sweat weird... lol

take care!

Day 26

Hello everyone! Not much new to tell! Still dealing with all the same side effects. Nothing major. Have my derm appt on Wednesday which will be cutting it close. Wed is day 29. :doh: For future reference, how soon can I make the next appt? Is it 24 days?? I looked for it on the iPledge site but couldn't find the answer. I know I saw it somewhere.

Well today was a beautiful sunny day on the shores of Connecticut. Spent a few hours down by the beach riding my bike. It was so nice. Very relaxing. Even layed out on the sand for a little bit. (maybe 20 mins / slathered in SPF 30 Coppertone Sport :lol: ) I might just do the same thing tomorrow :dance:

Hope you all had a great Sunday! Jules

**edit** Just checked my calander. Appt is tomorrow, Tuesday. Maybe I won't have to miss any days of tane.

Hi Jules..

Sounds like you enjoy your weekend so much :):D.

Spent a few hours riding bike by the beach.. wow it sounds fun..

Did you get tan from your 20 minutes laying down on the sand?

Hahah wish you a great week ahead.

Well today was a beautiful sunny day on the shores of Connecticut. Spent a few hours down by the beach riding my bike. It was so nice. Very relaxing. Even layed out on the sand for a little bit. (maybe 20 mins / slathered in SPF 30 Coppertone Sport :lol: ) I might just do the same thing tomorrow :dance:

Hope you all had a great Sunday! Jules

Ooooooh beach life :D I'm a bit jealous..hehe I'm realy glad to hear that you had such a fun weekend.. :D

And no skin news are mostly good news. Right! I'm realy lucky that your improvement goes on such good ..That's fantastic ;)

Hey I would like to recommend you one more of my fav Robbie Williams songs..its *feel*...btw do you know Robbie Williams in the US? I think he's one of the biggest popstars at europe! Belike he's not the best singer but he's such an amazing entertainer...his concerts are amazing...

Have a nice day jules :D

cj

quote from my earlier post

{{Have my derm appt on Wednesday which will be cutting it close. Wed is day 29. For future reference, how soon can I make the next appt? Is it 24 days?? I looked for it on the iPledge site but couldn't find the answer. I know I saw it somewhere. }}

On the Derm. question (it may be different for you)....my derm. said my appt. has to be Exactly30 days. I must make the appt. exactly on the 30th day. I can only turn in my script exactly on the 31st day at the earliest. Weird isn't it. They are getting so friggin strict on this IPledge crap.

My derm says the same this as fire's. I have to go exactly 30 days or past and cannot fill my scrip until the 31st day. Strange..

Day 27

Happy Monday! Had a good day today overall. Couple newbies (the red, raised and sore kind) crop up on my forehead along my hairline, not too bad. My nose and chin still look junky. Actually I think my skin tone has taken a turn for the bad :( It was looking nice for about a week, not so much right now. Blotchy, you know? No new side effects YEH!

Took the bike out again today...rode about 5 miles. It was sunny this morning, went out in the cloudy afternoon and by the time I got back the sun was out again. What's that all about??? Anyway, it felt good to be outside taking in the salt air.

Going to go have my blood work done on my way to my derm appt tomorrow morning. Oh the excitement of not being able to have my coffee in the morning :wacko: but it means I'm on my way to month #2. :dance:

currently listening to: The Flaming Lips / Do You Realize?

Day 28

Had my blood work done this morning. It hurt :( It never hurts when I get bloodwork done. :boohoo::lol: Oh well. Saw the derm today as well. She is going to bump me up to 80mgs a day from 40mgs. It'll be interesting to see what kind of effects I have on the upped dose. I expect to have all the same side effects, just worse. Am I wrong?? I know some of you have been bumped up after your first month. Anything specific I should expect or need to watch for?? In regards to the 30 day debate, my derm said she was also told 30 days between scripts. I'm not saying I'm right, because we are talking about the government here, it does say 23 days has to pass between when the last script was filled and the next script can be filled. If anyone has their book let me know if you interpret it differently, page 11. If I feel like sitting on hold I might just call them myself to verify. I'll let you know. Anyway, I have no choice but to wait and see what happens. My blood work should be back tomorrow afternoon so I'll check the iPledge site tomorrow evening. Keeping my fingers crossed. :pray:

Oh yeah, as far as acne goes: got a newbie on my chin & the right side of my mouth, owie ; lost a couple of blackheads from my nose (with a little assistance :shhh: ) and I think my back continues to improve. :dance:

Hope everyone had a good day! Jules

Hooray for no pain during bloodwork, upped dosages, backs improving and zits going away! Sounds like things are going swimmingly for you! Yaaay!

Love ya girl!

You know, for me, the side effects stayed the same but I do believe the exczema started at 80 mg. You will be surprised at the positive changes it makes. I heart you!!

Hi Jules,

I think everybody experience different effect when the dosage is increased.

I do have another breakout.. though not as much as the first time.

Good luck for entering your 2nd month.

Hope your blood result is the good one.

Wish you a great day as well.

Hi Jules,

I think everybody experience different effect when the dosage is increased.

I do have another breakout.. though not as much as the first time.

Good luck for entering your 2nd month.

Hope your blood result is the good one.

I associate with corrine..its realy difficult to say how your body will react to the higher dosage..Time will show. I realy hope your improvement will go on fine and that the side-effects stay mild ;) ...Yeah and good luck for your second month :D

Hope your blood test results are ok..

Hace a nice day jules ;)

cj

Day 29

CJ - you're right, time will tell. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Fgurl - I'm not crazy about getting blood drawn either but I'm used to it. Between having thryoid levels checked and donating to the RedCross I'm no stranger to getting stuck. But it HURT yesturday and now I have a nice bruise. :( . YEH to no more blackheads :dance: can't wait till they're gone.

Corrine - Thanks for stopping by sweetie & the well wishes. Nice to see you here.

Amber - Aaww :wub: . Yeh for positive changes. Can't wait. Although not looking forward to the eczema. What do you use for it??

TGrl - Glad to see you making the rounds. Miss you around here you busy little girl! :wub:

-----------------------

Not much of anything new to tell. The derms office called today to say my blood work came back fine and they entered the info into iPledge. Went and answered all my questions (got 100% :dance::lol: ) and dropped my script off. Picking up my new meds tomorrow after work. My derm was funny, she told me I'm the offices first female of child bearing age to be on tane with the iPledge program and they were going to use me as their consultant. I've done so much research on it I know more than they do. LOL :lol:

As for my skin, I think it's looking junky right now. With the blackheads coming to a head :lol::shock: my skin feels rough and looks dirty. I'm going thru a dry stage again, flaking on my chin and around my nose. I'm trying to exfoliate gently with my washcloth. My back is getting dry also. YEH! about time. I'll post pics in the next couple days, see if there's any further improvement. Especially since I'm going up in mgs on Friday.

Oh yeah, before anyone makes a comment. I know that I can no longer donate blood while I'm on accutane. My doctor recommended that I actually wait a year after my course to donate just in case. I wouldn't want to harm someone else so I'll be heeding that advise.

Hope everyone has a good night. :wub: Jules

My derm was funny, she told me I'm the offices first female of child bearing age to be on tane with the iPledge program and they were going to use me as their consultant. I've done so much research on it I know more than they do.

Hahaha that's freakin awesome! Way to go!

:redface: sorry I have been so busy! I have mainly been sleeping and eating but man, you wouldn't believe how much time that can take up! :lol:

Glad things are going well and glad your bloodwork was good! :)