Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jules70

Better Late Than Never ~ 2nd Accutane Course

Day 13

Andrea / Hey girl. I'm thinking it's the tane that's increasing my appetite. Maybe I can apply some excersise to the equation and have a positive outcome. Yeah, right!! :lol:

Firegurl / My headaches are going away. I was getting them everyday for the first few days. Now they are intermittent. Much better.

Corrine / It'd be wonderful if I was able to skip the dreaded I.B. :evil:

Sarah / Thanks for stopping by. You know my biggest concern about the drug was the potential depression. So far so good, if anything my attitude has become more positive. I feel better, even with my flair up. It doesn't matter to me. I'm looking at the end of the road. That's my focus.

Jarrec / Thank you. :wub: I hope you also have a wonderful week. I'll be stopping in the see how things are going for you.

Lvig / No more oily skin!!! Absolutley Love It :D:D

I guess no news is good news! I really don't have anything to report. My skin is still a little oily but no where near what it was like before I started taking tane. It's a good thing :D The spots from my flair up are going away. I haven't had the purge yet but I think my pores have gotten a little smaller. Oh yeah, my back is starting to dry out as well. Normally by the end of the day my back would feel as oily/greasy as my face. Yuck! But that's what this is all about, right?? ;) Hope everyone had a great day. :wub:

Hi Jules :)

Seems like this 40 mg works well on you..

May be I should ask my derm to increase my dosage to 40 mg as well..

How btw how long are you going to take this medicine?

Hi Julia!

You have such a fun energy about you! Thanks for all your positive posts! I'm happy you are doing so well! Cheers to accutane and clearing skin! Take care! L

ps.... I'll think of you when I get my next charlie horse ;)

Glad to see no new changes. No news is definitely good new during the IB stage..woohoo.

Sounds like you are doing great. Don't worry....side effects start going away and getting less as your body becomes used to them!!

I'm definitely agree with figuregirl, no news are good news especially when we're talking about the acne thing;-)Hope everything will go on fine for you. Hopfully you won't get an IB. btw thanks for reading my log. ;) Hope you had a nice day, too.

All the Best!

Day 14

Hey all. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it more than you know. Two weeks down!!! :dance: I can't believe it's been 14 days already. I've got a couple newbies on my forehead by my hairline, nothing major. My scalp isn't as itchy as it has been. It was driving me crazy :wacko: I can also tell my hair is starting to get dryer. It feels different. I started using head & shoulders a couple days ago, which could account for my hair feeling dryer, and a good conditioner. We'll see how it goes. May have to try something else. No headaches so far. YEH!! Guess that's about it for today.

I cooked myself a nice dinner tonight. I had a nice cod loin that I baked, some brown rice and corn nibblets (lol, nibblets just sounds funny :lol: ) Trying to eat better. My cholesterol was a little high on my initial blood work. Well, one of my shows is on. Deadliest Catch. I'm obsessed with Alaska right now. I want to go there REALLY bad. I'm saving my pennies for that trip. Hope everyone has a wonderful night. :wub:

Listening to: Daniel Powter / Bad Day :P (it was a good day!)

Thought I'd throw a little color into my posts!! Hope you don't mind :lol:

yay 2 weeks!!!!! :D woo hoo!!! time is flying for you already!

sometimes symptons are a good thing..it shows that accutane is in your system!

Alaska, eh? my mom always wanted to go there. It looks cool. I'm obsessed with Italy though, i go alot to see my family and i loveee it. Sounds like you're doing well & i'm happy to hear that! <3

Day 15 :blink:

Alright you all. I have a question!!! A few days ago I was telling you how itchy my scalp was. Well today I swear it has started to flake off!!! AAAHHHHH! I was wearing a black sweater at work today and looked in the mirror and had flakes on my shoulders!! Quite noticable. AAAHHHHH. Yes, I was a little traumatized :lol: I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I started using dandruff shampoo 2 days ago so I know it's too soon to see improvement. Just wondering if this was a normal side effect as well.

Nose is still dry, eyes were a little scratchy today, lips are under control with chapstick and I don't go anywhere without my Udderly Smooth hand lotion MOO! :lol: Also, noticed the skin on my nose is starting to feel a little rough. Is it the purge?? Only time will tell. When did you all start to purge out the blackheads on your noses??

Calling it an early night, been staying up too late and I'll be going non-stop until Sunday. Probably won't be back till then. Hope the rest of your week is great. Julia

aww, i'm sorry about your scalp! i cant help you there, sorry. :( i never had that symptom....yet. lol buy besides that, sounds like you're doing well! and i'm glad to hear that! yay! :D

Nose is still dry, eyes were a little scratchy today, lips are under control with chapstick and I don't go anywhere without my Udderly Smooth hand lotion MOO! :lol: Also, noticed the skin on my nose is starting to feel a little rough. Is it the purge?? Only time will tell. When did you all start to purge out the blackheads on your noses??

Julia, I have also a rough skin on my nose now:) What does "purge" mean - does it mean that the nose will clear up soon?:)

All the best!

Day 18

Fire / The shampoo is kicking in. My scalp is not nearly as bad as it was. End of the 2nd month huh? I don't want to wait that long. :lol:

Livg / Hey!! Thanks for the support. Appreciated. :D

Jarrec / I meant when the blackheads are "purged" from the pores on my nose. My understanding is the roughness we feel are the blackheads slowly making their way out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been gone a couple days and feel like I'm so far behind on all of your logs and I won't be able to get to them until, probably, Monday. Just wanted to make a quick stop and update mine. Things have been going great. Haven't noticed a big difference, if any at all, to my back. I'm not surprised. Like Amber said early on that will take longer for me to see results. My face looks better. It looks smoother. Any flair ups I've had are just about gone. I've got one red mark left just above my lip. The dryness has definatley (sp) kicked in. I'm flaking on my chin now and TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO BLOT MY FACE!! :dance::dance::dance: . Hey, it's the little things in life that make it grand. I've also gotta tell you that I've been in a really, really good mood for the last week. I was worried about mood swings or depression and I've gone in the complete opposite direction. A couple of co-workers even commented on it. So I have to say, so far, my Tane experience has been wonderful. I would like to comment that I said, so far. That opinion is subect to change at any time. :D Have a happy weekend all!!

Hi jules,

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling good atm. And that your improvement goes on fine. ;)

Hope you had a good time last week. I've to say I missed you cos I like your commets in my log and your music flavour :wub: ..haha... great that you're back... ;)

Have a nice weekend!

Ah, yes, you have reached the dry stage. Welcome! isnt it great? lol

i also had very oily askin, but thanks to accutane, not anymore! lol

glad to hear you're doing well! :D

Hi jules..

So great that your oil has been reduced.. that's how it works.. reduce your oil production and kill all the pimples.

And great that you don't have any depression..

By the way.. you can try to moisturizer your hair everytime you wash it, it will make it less dry and flaky and less itchy..

Good luckk girl

Love

Corrine

Hi you! :surprised:

Yay to dryness, that was my favorite part when I didnt have any oil on my face at the end of the day, loves it. :)

The skin on my nose got pretty rough, actually it still is kinda. And on the center of my chin it was all rough and wierd looking and eventually like 1 month later it was all smooth and no more black heads. My nose still kinda seems in transition stage though. I never had the cool thing where people see the blackheads popping out and falling off. I missed out on that ride!

I have always been a conditioner addict. Well, I use tons of it! So I think that has prevented me from having dry hair and scalp.

Have a good day, hope everything keeps going great! :cool:

Day 20

Andrea / I gotta tell you I'm loving th dryness. It was so nice to wake up today minus the oil slick I'm used to. I've been using Head & Shoulders for a few days now and it's made a huge difference. I think it was a combo of the shampoo I was using, well water & accutane.

Corrine / Trust me. I use conditioner everyday. Always have. I've got a sensitive scalp as it is. I usually have some type of reaction anytime I change products.

FG / I'm not really energenic. It's more of a euphoria. It's a cool feeling though. I am tired though my sleep has been pretty erratic lately. It's mostly because of my work schedule. I've been working overtime and it's been on the overnight shift. Messes up my sleep pattens.

Lvig / Thanks for stopping by. I'm loving the dryness phase so far. (It's only been a coule days :lol: )

CJ / I had a great week. Thanks for asking.

Day 20. I can't believe how fast this is going!! I've had a good couple of days. My scalp is still a little itchy but much better. My nose is really dry now, the inside that is. I haven't had a bloody nose yet but I have had blood when I blow my nose. (TMI, sorry!) I'm going to pick up a humidifier tomorrow. Hope that will help out. I'm officially into the dryness phase now. I'm loving it. I woke up the other morning to some serious flaking on my chin and around my nose. Some light exfoliating with a wash cloth took care it. I've been using Cetaphil face moisturizer spf 15. Anyone else using it?? I've noticed that it stings a little when I apply it. Was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing. My headaches are back. :( Advil knocks them out but they were bad yesturday and today. Okay, I'll have a little cheese with all that whine. :lol: All of the above are really nothing more than annoyances (sp). I really have no major complaints. Hope all of you fellow taners are doing well. :P

Listening to Peter Gabriel / Games Without Frontiers

DAY 20 !!! NEW BLISTER PACK !!!! :dance:

sorry about your headaches :( i hope you feel better!

woo hoo -- yay dry skin! (we must be the only people happy about that! lol)

i'm happy to hear you're doing so well !!!

Oh man, I watch deadliest catch all the time, in fact, we DVR it. I am not as interested in it as my boyfriend, but he LOVES it. I love the no oil skin when I wake up! Its wonderful! Have a great day!

I've recently started watching Deadliest Catch. Grey's Anatomy is my current favorite. I could stare at Patrick Dempsey all day. :wub: I DVR both of them and a few other shows. :lol: Sometimes I think I spend a little too much time in front of the TV. :wacko:

Looking good Julia! btw, I love your name :angel: --I can definelty see a difference! Isn't it GREAT to know that this is it.... that after tane, there won't be any more acne up's and downs... just beautiful and clear ALL the time! Glad you are seeing results... it makes all the side effects worth it somehow. Take care! See you around. ;) L