Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jules70

Better Late Than Never ~ 2nd Accutane Course

mmmmmm, I LOVE stuffed mushrooms with a passion! I remember when my skin was in that in-between stage. It feels like yesterday... hahaha Hope you had a good day, my dear!

^ I'm with Amber! That really IS a weird stage... but that means here soon there will probably be an IB then lots of dryness! And then a clear face that you can be proud of ! Yay!

But I am so glad you had a great easter! Yay!

Oh, and by the way, I am seriously addicted to the site. LOL

Hahaha.. Hi Julia... ME too....

Gee.. that's bad because I am actually spending so much time wondering around other people's log during office hour :doh:

Triplets... wow, your cousin must be very busy :lol:

Stuffed mushroom.. hmm is it delicious ?.. I am improving my cooking skill during this Tane period as I always brought my lunch to office..

All the best for you

Wish you have a great day..

Day 7

Hello Everyone!! Day 7!!!!!!!! One week down. WWWOOOWWW!!!

Thanks to all who have stopped in to see how things are going.

Not too much going on today. My face and scalp are still kinda itchy. My lips are getting dryer, I noticed I'm applying my chapstick more often. I also think my face is kinda red. Not bad, looks like a mild sunburn. Is it too early to get the flushing?? No newbies on my face and haven't looked at my back. Maybe I'll update pics weekly as it's day 7. Is that too often?? Still a little oily but no worse than it's been. No joint pain but I woke up the other night because of a "charlie horse" and my calf muscle is still a little sore. YUCK. Hope you all have a great day........ Jules

Hi Julia!

Thanks for stoppin by my journal. All my best to you! The time will fly. I'm glad you found this site. I feel bad for everyone out there who is on this drug with only the support of their derm. Take care! L

Day 7

Hello Everyone!! Day 7!!!!!!!! One week down. WWWOOOWWW!!!

Thanks to all who have stopped in to see how things are going.

Not too much going on today. My face and scalp are still kinda itchy. My lips are getting dryer, I noticed I'm applying my chapstick more often. I also think my face is kinda red. Not bad, looks like a mild sunburn. Is it too early to get the flushing?? No newbies on my face and haven't looked at my back. Maybe I'll update pics weekly as it's day 7. Is that too often?? Still a little oily but no worse than it's been. No joint pain but I woke up the other night because of a "charlie horse" and my calf muscle is still a little sore. YUCK. Hope you all have a great day........ Jules

well, thats normal i think

my lips started drying off at beginning of week 2, the same with redness. i dont get flushes, i think, just redness in my nose and in sides of it. at end of week 2 i noticed occasional back pain.

good luck.....ps cool avatar :cool:

ps 2 even cooler cat ! i have cat also and shes similar to yours

Day 8

Hey Browneyz, no problem.. I'll be back checking to so how things are going. I'm SO glad I found this site as well. I was searching accutane, looking for info, and I found a link to this site. I'm very happy I decided to stick around and check it out. I've gotten more usefull info off of this site than I have from the derms office. All I was told by them is I may have a flair up, take meds with food and do not donate blood. Very helpful information... :lol:

Hey Mental..... Thanks for dropping by. I like the avatar also. One of the mods on this site, Claud, has a link to them on her signature line. She created them. She's got some cool & different ones.

Let's see..... not much to say. I think I'm in the beginings of the dreaded I.B.. What is a girl to do??? :lol: Not much really. I'm starting to get a bit of a flair up on my face. Whitehead in the crease of my nose which is now a crusty little scab and red painful bumps next to my ear, on my cheek, chin and a couple creeped up on my belly. YUCK. Oh well, this is good. Like TG says it means all the bad stuff is making it's way out. Keeping my fingers crossed it won't be too bad. Otherwise, still oily and my lips are dry. Not itching as much but I think my skin is changing already. I scrated an itch the other day and it left what looks like an abrasion, not quite a scab, but I was surprised. Guess I'll have to be careful. :confused:

Guess that's all for today. Hope everyone had/has a geat day.

Like TG says it means all the bad stuff is making it's way out.

You got that right girlfriend! After the IB it's all smooth sailing, except for the randomly occurring zit. But that's okay, right?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I am BEGGING you... TAKE MY ADVICE - during the IB, do NOT pick! I am still dealing with red marks from the IB because I picked like it was going out of style! If you can just hide from the world and tough it out for a few days you will be fine. They will go away a lot more quickly if you just leave them alone! :pray: Please!

Other than the IB I hope things are going well! And I hope the IB is over soon!

dont worry about the I.B. it sucks for about a week, then accutane really starts working!! the I.B is totally worth it though!!!

Day 9

Hey All!! Thanks for the IB support. It is much appreciated :wub: !!

Not much new going on. Took my 9th pill with dinner tonight. I've got a little bit of a flair up going on. I don't have any actual whiteheads just these nice raised, red, painful "lumps" on my chin and above my lip. Actually, if I think about it, these are where I get my monthly flair ups. I just have them all at once right now. :lol: Lips are getting pretty dry. :wub: chapstick :wub: Not much else happening. See ya tomorrow. ;)

I remember that weird dry/oily stage, I hope you are getting past that and to the non oily side. I was soooo happy to not be oily as that was my problem. Hope your IB isn't too terrible, but even if it is, its just a part of the process to getting clear, gotta get all the gunk out before it can be clear! Good luck and have a great day!

Hi Julia..

Good luck with you 9 days of accutane..

Just don;t pick out any of your pimples.... :D

That's number one rules.. (which I always failed to restraint) :)

Day 10

Hey Guys & Gals!!

I just took my 10th pill a little while ago.. I'm done with my first blister pack!!! :dance: Hey, you gotta start somewhere. LOL I think I'm starting to dry up a little bit. Starting to get a little flaky on my chin and right next to my nose. Still have the red bumps on my chin and upper lip also got one brewing on the side of my nose. FUN! :wacko: They are close to coming to a head but not quite yet. But so far no other flair ups. Wonder how long that'll last. :think: The inside of my nose is starting to dry out also. It's a little bloody now when I blow my nose. :sick: Lips are still dry. Loving my chapstick :wub: Thanks for all the encourgment. You all are great :wub:

Hi Jules,

My IB lasted for about the first three weeks. After that, I still had small breakouts, but my skin had improved gradually to the point of being completely clear. I was amazed that after two days I started breaking out from the Accutane. That was my first hint that this is a very powerful medication. After over 4 months, I'm amazed at what this drug can do to dry out oily skin and stop acne.

Best Wishes!

P&W

Hi Jules..

Good to know that you are feeling better..

That's the first step to clear skin..

I also find that the people here is the great encourager..

Do come here for encouragement..

And keep posting your progress :)

TGirl / I was looking for my new page quote but knew I wasn't going to be up late enough. I've been working cRaZy hours the last couple days and was wiped.

P&W / Thanks for stopping by. The ones I have now are already starting to go away, getting smaller. If my IB goes like this I'll be very happy and lucky. I'm looking forward to the less oil aspect of things.

Corrine / Hey girl. I'll keep posting are you kidding. I swear I go thru withdrawls if I don't get to log on and check things out. It quite the obsession for me right now. LOL

I'll be back later to post for the day. It's a rainy Saturday here.... I think I'll clean the apt this afternoon and actually cook a real dinner. Oh the crazy things I do. :wacko::shifty:

woo hoo day 10 !!! first blister pack is DONE !!! you're getting there !!!

keep us updated! xo

You guys weren't kidding about how fast time goes by while you're taking this drug.

Day 11 / Starting my 2nd Blister Pack!!!

Not much new to tell about. My initial flair up is starting to subside. It really wasn't bad. I do expect to get more so I'm not fooling myself into thinking that was my I.B. My scalp is still itchy and the inside of my nose is dry. I'm going to pick up some Head & Shoulders and saline nasal spray. See if that helps. I've noticed that my face is not as oily as it has been. I'm starting to dry up. YEH! My appetite has increased I think. I've also noticed that I get a headache within a half an hour of taking my meds then it goes away on it's own. Weird. I've been taking mine with a glass of whole milk about an hour before dinner. I'm hoping that the whole milk is nice and fatty and will help with absorbtion (sp) after an hour the meds should be getting absorbed thru the intestines and follow that up with some yummy food. We'll see how it goes. This plan is subject to modification. LOL Hope everyone had a great day. Jules :D

I also think my appetite has increased! I'm not sure if its accutane or just that I have been really stressed...anyway, hope everything is going smoothly for you! :wacko:

hi Jules..

Some people doesn't even experience IB..

So you might be one of the lucky ones.. :)..

Hope you keepp progressing..

Your face start to dry out.. that's one of the sign that Accutane is starting to work :)..

So all the best for you..

Appetite, huh?? I have probably gained between 5 and 10 lbs on this drug! My appetite is VORACIOUS these days! Accutane's random side effects that no one tells you about are SO weird!

Hope you don't get the IB... I'm with Corrine! Sounds like you are doing everything right with the food. I take mine AFTER dinner, but I don't think that matters too much. Anyway, take care, Happy Sunday! Thanks for keeping a great attitude :wub: