Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jules70

Better Late Than Never ~ 2nd Accutane Course

Hi Jules,

Saw your new pics. And I've to say you got some really great results there. Its looking so much better than before.

Oh regarding losing more hair after accutane. I've also noticed a increase of hair loss for maybe 1,5 months after I finished my course. I think I lost around 40-50 hairs a day. I know everything under 100 is still called normal. But for me it was much more than before. But the piece of good news is that its normal again. So don't worry too much about it I think it probably will get back to normal the next weeks.

Congrats again!

cj

Post Accutane Day 66

I haven't been around in a while. Well, it's been 66 days since I took my last accutane pill. Still feels weird. My accutane side effects have finally subsided. Everythings feels like it's back to "normal". I took some new pics that I'll post when I'm finished writing this. The pics actually look a little better to me than looking in the mirror. Seems like the opposite of all my other pics. Go figure. Little bummed at the moment. I feel like my skin is going back to what it was before the tane. My oil production is just about where it was pre-tane. I'm constantly blotting my face again, my hair is oily, so is my back (my major problem area)! My skin texture has changed also, feels different. Not as soft. I'm also developing a lot of small "bumps" on my forehead along my hair line. They are like small clogged pores, but all under the skin. Just a really bumpy texture. Oh, and did I mention oily?? (see pic below) :wall: I've also noticed that the areas where I would get flairs ups before tane have started to flair up again. Like I would get a bump on my chin that was raised and red. A deep bugger. It'd be there for a couple days then go away, never coming to a head. Well towards the end of my course that stopped happening. Well, it's back.

As far as my regimine goes I need to update it in my signature. I'm no longer using the cetaphil. It's too gentle for me right now. I'm back to using Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap on my face and just a touch of moisturizer along my jaw line before I apply my makeup. :cry:

So, on to the good news, at least I hope it's good. I have an appointment with my derm tomorrow morning for a post tane follow up. She and I had talked about me doing a second course. I'm hoping that she still feels the same way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :pray: and I'll let you know how I make out.

post-37559-1167757033_thumb.jpg

post-37559-1167757049_thumb.jpg

Hey Jules,

Everything looks great though. Maybe you want to consider very low dose Accutane over a long period of time to reduce the oil?

Cheers,

Paul

1 YEAR AGO TODAY SINCE MY LAST POST!!

Hello All!! It's been exactly 1 year to the day since my last post. I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to stop by and post an update. Overall, I've been happy with my results from accutane. My back has cleared up significantly although not completely. The oil production has returned and I'm starting to break out again. I've made an appt with my derm to see what we can do. I'd really like to take another course of tane. If she doesn't approve I may have to doctor shop. I hate the idea of that but a girl has to do what a girl has to do! :D I see her next week and will update then. I'm going to try and catch up with some logs in the meantime.

Jules ;)

Here is a pic that I took today and uploaded to my gallery.

post-37559-1199292524_thumb.jpg

30 days till round 2 with accutane!

Well everyone, I'm back!! :dance: I should start my 2nd journey down the accutane road in appx 30 days. I went to see the Derm today and she agreed to let me do a second course. I'm very excited and focused on the end result. At least this time I'll know what to expect and this will be a piece of cake. I know all the doctor appts and lab work are a pain in the @** but it's nothing compared to living with acne. I'll be back to catch up on logs and see who's here. It's a whole new group than when I did this the first time. Looking forward to meeting everyone. ;)

Hey Jules. good luck on your second round, and let me know when you start! I'm impressed at the progress you have made on your first round!

Countdown: 15 Days Till Tane!

I should be starting my course in two weeks. Looking forward to it. Went out and bought some Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser so I had it. I also picked up the new Chapstick 100% Naturals Lip Butter. I like it. It's goes on very nicely but doesn't seem to have the staying power of regular Chapstick. I'm still using Bare Minerals makeup, fell in love with it, and Oil of Olay moisturizer. I'm all stocked up. :lol: I personally found that less is better when taking tane.

juin: Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to check on your progress!!

Should start Monday or Tuesday!! :dance:

Had my bloodwork and derm appt yesturday. I now have my script for tane in my hands. Just have to wait to be entered into iPledge. Hoping it will happen Monday or Tuesday. I'm looking foward to starting round two.

The last time I had a problem with my cholesterol. It went up and it was alittle too high as far as my derm was concerned. My GP said he would put me meds to lower it but wasn't concerned because my levels would return to normal when I was finished with my course. My derm ended up lowering my tane dose from 80mg a day to 60 mgs a day. We decided this time to put me on the cholesterol meds if my numbers get to high so I can stick with the 80mg dose this time around. So here's to keeping positive thoughts!! :boogie:

Day 1 ~ Second Course

37/F here. I have been battling with acne since about the 5th grade (however old that makes you). I had facial and body acne growing up. My face cleared up for the most part in my 20's but the bacne never went away. Because it's the back it's much easier to hide. I just got tired of hiding. So here I am. I did my course of accutane in 2006. It did not completly clear me but it did improve my skin. So I waited a year and am going to try again. So here's to positive thinking. :boogie:

Alright!! Popped my first pill with dinner tonight. :dance: I'm starting with 40mgs of Sotret once a day. I'm looking forward to this round because I know what to expect. No surprises! I don't expect to see anything happen for the first couple weeks, then I'll start to dry out, then the itchies start, then the clearing begins, then I get even dryer, then the little aches and pains set in and the exhaustion. Then, finally, I'm done with my course. Should take about 6 months. :wacko: LOL Guess we'll find out if that's accurate for a second course as time goes by. Hope to make some new .org friends. I had such a wonder/positive experience the first time around.

Day 5

Hey juin! :wavey: Thanks for stopping by!

Well, not much to report on. Had a slight headache after taking my pill the first few days. That stopped yesturday. Otherwise I haven't noticed any major changes yet. I know, exciting isn't it??!! ;)

Day 7

One week down!! :dance: LOL

Well, I'm in that combo stage right now. I'm getting dry patches on my chin, jaw line and forehead but still oily on cheeks and nose. Also have a bit of a flair up going along jaw line. Red, raised bumps that have not come to a head. Just hanging out there under the skin saying "you can't get me!" ;) I noticed this morning that my hair is not quite as oily as usual. The changes have begun! :blink:

Day 17

I feel like the tane is working quicker this time around. Could just be my imagination thought ;) My lips are dry (chapstick junkie), have the lovely white dry patches on either side of my chin as well as overall flakyness, the oil is gone & I could probably get away with washing my hair evey other day now. I think I'm starting the purge. My nose feels rough and I've got a little flair up on my back (my major trouble spot). So things seem to be going really well so far. :lol: I'm actually a little nervous about bumping up my mgs but if the derm wants to do it I'm not going to argue. :angel:

I have to admit that I am doing things different this time around. I have dropped about 24lbs since my last course. I'm not drinking alcohol this time around and I'm eatting better. I take my pill with a 1/2 glass of whole milk right after dinner. Jules

Day 25

How dry I am.................. How dry I am................. Did I mention how dry I am! :lol:

Not much to say right now. My hair is dry, my nose is dry (bloodly nose blowing :wacko: ) and the skin on my face is dry. I've been battling with these awful dry white flakey patches on either side of my chin. The Oil of Olay is not cutting it. It's horrible and so very noticable (sp) I've got to figure something out. Any ideas out there?? Anyone else have to deal with this? It's been alittle over a week now. Ughhhhhhhh!

I'm also alittle tired, more so than normal, and I get a slight ache in my lower back occassionaly.

Okay, enough complaining. ;) Jules

hey jules! sorry for the dryness on face. those were tough times for me as well. ever since I used aveeno daily moisture, the big body lotion on both face and body, my face hasn't really felt dry. I love the thing because it's supposedly non comedogenic, so one bottle and you're a okay to go on both face and body. heard emu oil is good on these forums but scared to try it myself since makeupalley.com had mixed reviews. hope this helps!

Hey Jules,

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm pulling for you too! It so helps to know there's so many of us going thru this.

I enjoying reading your blog. Thanks for putting it all out there!

Here's to perfect skin . . .well, in 5-6 months!

Take care!

Day 155

Well it's been a few months since I've posted anything. I'm doing well with the tane this time around. My derm bumped me up to 100mg this time. Seems to be working much better. I just finished month 5 and we decided to go one more month so I'm in the home stretch right now. The side effects haven't been bad at this high dose. By now I'm used to the dry skin and I don't really notice it anymore; still use chapstick all the time; wash my hair every couple days. My skin feels really thin and I think I bruise easy right now. The only BAD side effect kicked in this past month. I think my hair is starting to thin. I feel like I'm loosing more in the shower. They say it's temporary and is not a lasting effect. So unless it gets bad I'm sticking it out for one more month. What's a girl to do??! I'll have to see about getting a pic posted and update more now that I'm at the end of my course. Thanks for reading!! ;)