Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jules70

Better Late Than Never ~ 2nd Accutane Course

DAY 1

I'm so excited!!! :dance: I finally started my accutane journey today. YEH!!! Well, I'm actually taking Sotret (Isotretinoin generic) starting at 40mgs once a day. I took my first pill with dinner tonight. :dance:

For those interested I'm a 35/f. I've been afflicted with acne since about 12 years old. Over the years my face has pretty much cleared up (still have blackheads on nose and chin area) but I have moderate acne/cystic acne on my back. After all this time I've gotten used to not being in a bathing suit in public w/out a t-shirt on or not wearing tank tops, just not showing my back at all. I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I'm going to take pictures to see the changes, haven't decided yet if I'm going to post them.

I've been reading your logs for a little while now and am so happy to finally be one of you. Your entries have been so informative and entertaining. Thank you. :D Hope you all had a great day.

Good luck to you, Ms. Jules and don't forget it takes accutane longer to clear up body acne. PM me or drop by my log if you have any questions!

Dont forgett to post pictures ok. We all want to experience your success. Im sure that everything is going to turn out perfect for you. Acne is a deseise and effects us sufferes both physically, and emotionally. If you ask me, the emotional effect is way more significant. It feels like im living life with a huge barrier in my way.

I get so frustrated when people with amazing skin Complain about it. They have absolutely no idea what any of us go through. You get these beautiful people that get one zit and they almost ready to have a heart attack. Perhaps jellousy is feuling my rage

Any one agree with me.

Julian

Amberlynn / Thanks. Yeah, I'll have to remember that my back will take longer to clear. As long as it eventually clears I'll be happy.

Trenem / I'll keep posting. Thanks for stopping by.

MTG / What can I say. Your log was one of the reasons I kept coming back to this site. LOL :D

Julz / I'll try to get some pics posted tonite, not sure if I'll have time though. I agree with you in that I think acne is much more emotionally troubling than physically. It's much more of an issue for me in the summer than the winter. (we're coming into spring now.) It's all I can think of when it comes to summer clothes & bathing suits. I focus on it a little too much sometimes I think.

DAY 2

Had a pretty good day today. Work was crazy but that's not unusual. Went for a great walk after words at one of the area State Parks. Just finished dinnner and took my 2nd accutane pill. YEH!! :dance:

Got some pretty wild thunder rumbling outside right now. First t-storm here this season, it's blowing by pretty quick though. I had a slight headache this morning but not sure if it was related to the tane or the begining of allergy season. YUCK.

I went and picked some items up at the store that I have seen raved about on this site. I got the cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, cetaphil moisture lotion & cetaphil facial moisturier spf15. Like MTG, I'm a huge Bath & Body Works fan, however, I love their True Blue Spa line. I LOVE shea butter body cream and the body butter as well as their shea butter hand cream so I already have of bunch of it. I already drink a ton of water so I'm not too worried about that. I also picked up some vit E tablets (400 iu). I'm planning on taking 2 tabs a day. For those of you who take vit E, when did you start taking the tablets? Did you wait till you started to get dry or did you start from the begining of your accutane course? Just curious.

Anyone who has any advise please feel free to drop in. Hope you all had a great day. Thanks for making it to the end of my post. :lol:

I went and picked some items up at the store that I have seen raved about on this site. I got the cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, cetaphil moisture lotion & cetaphil facial moisturier spf15. Like MTG, I'm a huge Bath & Body Works fan, however, I love their True Blue Spa line. I LOVE shea butter body cream and the body butter as well as their shea butter hand cream so I already have of bunch of it. I already drink a ton of water so I'm not too worried about that. I also picked up some vit E tablets (400 iu). I'm planning on taking 2 tabs a day. For those of you who take vit E, when did you start taking the tablets? Did you wait till you started to get dry or did you start from the begining of your accutane course? Just curious.

Hi Julia..

Congrats for starting Accutane...

It seems you started well prepared :).

About the vitamin E.. actually the Max Recommended dosage here is 400 IU per day.

Once I asked my derm about it.. he said dosage > 400 IU for too long will actually increase mortality rate.. gee..

Do take care and all the best

We had some big storms here in Iowa too, about 5 or so tornados touched down about 30-40 miles north of me. The University of Iowa (Go Hawkeyes) had some damage I guess, and some big churches in the area too. Roofs blowing off of a Menards, and maybe a Wal-Mart?? Hope you didn't have anything like that. Lucky for me the only storms we got were lightning. No damage! Well, good luck with accutane and keep posting, will look forward to hearing about your progress.

About the vitamin E.. actually the Max Recommended dosage here is 400 IU per day.

Once I asked my derm about it.. he said dosage > 400 IU for too long will actually increase mortality rate.. gee..

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll only take 1 a day. LOL

We had some big storms here in Iowa too, about 5 or so tornados touched down about 30-40 miles north of me. The University of Iowa (Go Hawkeyes) had some damage I guess, and some big churches in the area too. Roofs blowing off of a Menards, and maybe a Wal-Mart?? Hope you didn't have anything like that. Lucky for me the only storms we got were lightning. No damage! Well, good luck with accutane and keep posting, will look forward to hearing about your progress.

We only get the occasionaly tornado here in Connecticut (1 every couple years.) When I lived in Colorado I freaked the first time the tornado siren went off. I was calling friends back East wiggin out. :D It was a new experience to say the least. I'd rather deal with a hurricane, at least you know it's coming. Of course the ones we deal with in the NorthEast are nothing compared to the ones that hit down South.

Day 3

As far as accutane goes still too soon for any changes other than a slight headache last night and this am. It's gone now.

I'm trying to upload a couple of pics. I'm going to be brave and post my pics. HOWEVER!, I can not get the pics to upload. Can someone help me out. I created the album, wrote my comment, hit the browse button, selected the pic, hit "upload" (i think that's what it says) I then get transferred to a blank acne.org page and the pic did not transfer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

** UPDATE ** I was able to figure out how to upload the photos so I have started my Gallery. Thanks for those that helped me out. Hope everyone had a great day. I'm off to take a nap. Have to be to work tonight for a little overtime. :dance: :dance:

aww thanks hun for stopping by. thats funny because i was JUST going to comment on yours, i swear! thats so funny! dont worry--accutane will do wonders for you. i'm month 2 of 6 and i already see results! time flies...trust me! dont worry--everything will work out! hang in there! talk to you soon & have a good weekend!

Hey you

Yeah, i am already pretty dry. Have perfect lips though. Wierd that my skin got dry before my lips. I am also damn cranky at the moment. Will stop in again, im just so busy....

Julz

Have a great day, tornado sirens can be scary. Now out here in the country, I can't hear them so I don't have too much of a warning if the electricity goes out! Have a great day!

Day 4

Not much to say today. Haven't noticed much in the way of any changes. Still getting the headaches. Like I posted earlier, Advil's been taking care of them. My face has always been pretty oily so I can't really tell if it's any worse and I already use chapstick all the time. I've heard you can become addicted to chapstick. LOL I think I already am.

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Oh, and by the way, I am seriously addicted to the site. LOL

haha yes i think we all would die without chapsick. i seriously cannot live without it. not to mention i re-apply every hour or so hahaha.

My skin was super oily and I am so glad that Its not anymore. Chapsticks feels wonderful on burning lips and this website is an addiction. I needed to get help for acne, and now that its going away, I am going to have to get help to keep myself off this site!

haha yes i think we all would die without chapsick. i seriously cannot live without it. not to mention i re-apply every hour or so hahaha.

Isn't it though. I have a chapstick in my purse, work bag, night stand, on the coffee table, usually one in my Jeep. I go nuts if I do happen to forget it or misplace it. I'll stop and pick another one up! :wacko:

My skin was super oily and I am so glad that Its not anymore. Chapsticks feels wonderful on burning lips and this website is an addiction. I needed to get help for acne, and now that its going away, I am going to have to get help to keep myself off this site!

My skin is (soon to be was) really oily as well. I'm constantly blotting. ANNOYING!!

I spent a little over a month surfing this site reading and doing a little posting before I even started taking accutane. I CAN'T STOP!! :popcorn: :lol:

I'm addicted too! It's getting bad!

And I'm right there with y'all on the chapstick... stuck without it is TERRIBLE. I think I have about 7 tubes of stuff lying around now.. most of them are getting close to empty now :shifty: Yay accutane!

And yes, your skin is probably getting oilier! Me and Amber's did right at the beginning too... it's okay, just tough it out a few more days and you'll be amazed.. it's like something just vacuums it right off and voila! No more oil! :D

I HOPE YOU DON'T GET THE INITIAL BREAKOUT! :pray: You are too wonderful for that... Thanks for keeping us updated!

Hey Jules,

I don't go a day without reading this site. Even if I havn't posted on my log for a few days, I am still here. It helps tremendously and it is kind of fun comparing your progress with others. You will see that there are alot of 30-somethings here. I was pleasantly surprised. Tennessee is right, the oil will increase and then out of nowhere one morning you will wake up and it's just gone. I will be keeping an eye on you so keep posting and have a great day :D

Angela

I HOPE YOU DON'T GET THE INITIAL BREAKOUT! :pray: You are too wonderful for that... Thanks for keeping us updated!

I hope I don't either. My face hasn't been bad for so long that I know I'm going to get upset and frustrated. (No disrespect to those have bad/serious facial acne :) )

Angela // Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back later today to catch up with everyone.

Day 5

Not much going on. We'll see how long that lasts. The sides of my nose and chin area are dryer than normal. I've got something brewing on my chin, can't see it, but it's sore to the touch. So, yes, I'll stop touching it LOL. I've officially switched from my Biore products to Cetaphil. I had been so oily before that I didn't feel Cetaphil was strong enough. Oh, and so far no headache today. YEH!

I've read in a couple of logs that some of you have lost weight while taking tane. I was wondering if you are talking about a couple pounds or significant weight loss?? Just curious.

Well, off to the family's house for Easter dinner. Hope everyone has a great day. :wub:

Hey Jules OMG!!! Yay Congrats on starting the tane'!!! :dance::clap::) I hope whatever is brewing on your chin gets better. Cetaphil? Do you use the moisturizer with spf? I find that stuff really hard to get absobed sometimes and its mildly shiny. Hope you have a good easter dinner! :dance:

Hey Jules! We started tane the same day exactly. And the dose is also the same. Im on 40mg per day since april 12th also. So Ill definately be a visiter in your log. :angel: So far I am not feeling any side effects or major breakouts. Today while driving from my grandpas house I felt that my eyes are a little dry, but thats all. Btw why do you drink it all in one time? I mean all 40mg in one meal. I spread it in two doses. I think it absorbs better then. Or maybe there is no real diference.

Hey Matty // I use the Cetaphil gentle cleanser and Cetaphil facial moisturizer spf 15. It's not bad, just have to get used to it.

Baravykas // thanks for stopping by. Would love to hear from you, make sure you come back and let me know how things are going. Have you started a log yet?? So far I've been taking my pill with dinner. I was given 40 mg capsules so I have to take it all at once.

I've noticed my forehead has been itchy today so is my scalp. Weird. I've been drinking more water also, but that's a good thing.

Well, hope all is well and I'll see you tomorrow. // WWOOOOWWW I'm on page 2 :cool:

Hey julz,

Nice name, only cleaver ppl are named like we are. HEHE.

Unlike you, i have not had one pain in the brain. But as you can read on my log, my side effects are somewhat different. I am alllooootttt more moody, and stupid things get me boiling. I suspect that some side effects will pop up soon for you. Its exciting hey. :redface:

Keep it up sweeti

Day 6

Hello All. Hope everyone is having a GREAT day. I had a nice Easter yesturday. Went to the family's house for dinner. It was quite yummy :P I got to see my nephew, Alex is 5 1/2 months old. He's an absolute CUTIE :wub:. I don't get to see him as often as I'd like :( . My cousin was also there with his kids, 6 year old triplets. They are adorable :wub: and getting so big!!

Got some stuffed mushrooms cooking in the oven right now to bring into work tonite. Every once in a while I bring something in and surprise everyone :lol: they appreciate it.

Acne update: Not much to say. My face is in that oily/dry weird combo phase. LOL Like it can't decide what it wants to do. So far no flair ups of any kind. Head aches are gone (so far). I noticed that I'm having "trouble" sleeping. I was yawning like crazy last night around 11pm. Went to bed, then laid there till 1am before finally falling asleep and was up at 7am. For me, that's out of the ordinary. Just thought I'd comment. See if anyone else was experiencing (sp) the same thing. That's all for today I guess. See you all tomorrow. :D