Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forbawston

anyone have prom coming up?

i just want to cry. i never dreamed of having acne during my senior prom, and yet, i do... AND i'm starting my third month of accutane so my face is red and blotchy as hell. i have three massive cysts, and all i want is for my doctor to give me a cortizone shot for them because at this point i'd rather have craters on my face than HUGE bumps because they are HUGE and i'm sick of everyone staring at them. any advice?

he just wants me to tough it out and stick with the whole "hopefully they'll go away after a while" bullshit because he doesn't want me to get craters from the injections. i'm sick of this. ive had these cysts for several months+ and they make me look just plain awful. i dont feel them getting any better. i just want to feel good about myself again, i was always so confidant before this. i have another meeting with him soon so basically i'm just going to put my foot down and say i'll stay on accutane if you give me the damn injections.

i'm mad worried about scarring, but i'd rather have a crater on my face than a huge ass bump (THREE huge ass bumps) that everyone notices and comments on.

my prom is in april, i think, but my homecoming is october 10. i still dont have a date but let me say that going alone (bringing my acne with me) is totally worth it. i wouldnt miss it. im sure you have friends who love you for you! so just have fun! most ppl at prom dont even notice your acne, its ur dress theyll be lookin at. plus, its dark at prom :D so just kick back!

awww klaank is right! It's all about having fun and the dress of course.

You prob say you'd rather have craters now cause its easier to cover up BUT its there for the long run.. its harder to get rid of.

You're a pretty girl and it will shine through your skin.

Chin up & dance the night away.. its what its all about =)