Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest hopelessGuy

I have scars...what can you guys tell me about Glycolic Acid?

Guest hopelessGuy

My face is clear and now I want to get rid of scars/blemishes. I;ve never heard of Glycolic Acid untill I joined this forum....If any of you have tried Glycolic Acid please let me know because I just bought Glycolic Acid facial wash and 70% Glycolic Acid peel, the same grade they use in dermatoligists offices....Its on its way through the mail so I haven't used it yet....my next dermy appointment isn't untill next month...should I start using it?

THE POWER OF CHRISTS COMPELS YOU!!!

NY METS IN 2006!!!

Glycolic acid is a form of Alpha Hydroxy Acid and is great for your skin. It's mainly used as an exfoliant, which kills old dead skin cells which removes dirt, and reduces pore size and acne scars.

Guest hopelessGuy

Thanks so much....I just contacted the seller to change it to a 30% instead...will that still be too strong?

you generally want to go for a Glycolic Acid % of 6-12%, anything more is too much.

That is...for moisturizers, face washes I'm not sure of, but should be similar.

ok .. but is it like a chemical peel where your skin will peel for a week ? what is a % that will not peel but get decent results

I use a glycolic acid moisturizer of 10%. Glycolic Peel's are different. Doctor Strength Glycolic Acid is considered 30% or higher, therefor I would be hesistant to use 30% or over without a doctor's advise.

alright..glycolic acid moisturizer ..where can i get this ? and does this help with shallow scarring ? lemme kno chris..thanks

It's good as an exfoliant too, which kills old skin faster eliminating scars. I don't know how severe your scarring is, but I know it's a great overall product for your skin, and contains glycolic acid which is good for scarring.

If it's just red scarring it will work, if its indented scarring then you would require skin resurfacing for that.

yeah i just have stubborn shallow scarring that i can see in some angles that im tryin to get rid of

mandelic acid might work you on the shallow scarring area.... and Copper peptides might work on some harder ones

Guest hopelessGuy

What I bought was the 30% Glycolic Acid, its the same grade that dermatologists uses, its suppose to be a 6 week peel treatment. I am now kinda hessitant to use it now, I odn't want to fry my face, I'll just wait till my next derm visit to ask about scar and blemish treatment....I did hear lots of good reaction from the peel though.