Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AngelFX_Inc

accutane and birth control

I was told before a female uses accutane that we have to go through alot of blood work and be put on birth control because it can cause birth defects also people that have used accutane may develop a heart condition and possibly die from it ...does anyone know if there is any truth to this...please let me know A.S.A.P...thank you

I was told before a female uses accutane that we have to go through alot of blood work and be put on birth control because it can cause birth defects also people that have used accutane may develop a heart condition and possibly die from it ...does anyone know if there is any truth to this...please let me know A.S.A.P...thank you

Yes. You will have to have blood work done and be on birth control at least one month prior to going on 'tane. As for the heart problems, that's possible. I had serious heart palpitations for awhile on 'tane, but then I adjusted my intake of regular vitamin A and was fine after that.

Yes. You will have to have blood work done and be on birth control at least one month prior to going on 'tane. As for the heart problems, that's possible. I had serious heart palpitations for awhile on 'tane, but then I adjusted my intake of regular vitamin A and was fine after that.

actually that's not true. I recieved accutane just 4 days ago and have been put through the whole harang of Ipledge. You DO NOT have to take birth control. You have to tell your doctor your abstinent and that will suffice. If you don't plan on being abstinent though, take birth control. As far as blood work goes, yeah you do have to get blood work done before and every month after going on the medication. And as for the heart condition palpatations are a possibility, but it's a rarer side-effect and if you do develop something of that affect just tell your doctor asap. hope i helped!