Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
206bear

Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation

did anyone broke out from it? I really like it but someone told me their skin broke out from it. anyone comments?

thanks.

I used it for a little while. I didn't break out from it, but the shade I picked made my face look kind of dull. I've heard others rave about this particular foundation, though.

This was from something I posted about this foundation in an old thread.......

This is their IL (ingredient label)....

Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, +/- (May Contain): Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

This is a traditional water based emulsion that uses a soap system (stearic acid/triethanolamine). Propylene glycol at high levels can be irritating. This product is not oil free. It contains caprylic/capric triglyceride which the CTFA considers an oil (any triglyceride is an oil, although this one isn't comedogenic). I'm guessing the pH is around 8.5 (which is a bit high for human skin). Glyceryl stearate is a coemulsifyer that helps hold the emulsion together along with the xanthan gum and magnesium aluminum silicate. It also contains many ingredients that cause problems with comedogenicity like ethylhexyl palmitate (also called octyl palmitate), ethylhexyl stearate (octyl stearate) and oleic acid....which are very comedogenic raw materials...

They don't claim non-comedogenic, and probably don't even test for comedogenicity...To me it looks like it would fail miserabley....

I'm guessing it was manufactured by a small contract manufacture (most of these private label companies like Laura Mercier and Trish McEvoy use contract manufacturers)...these companies usually don't have a lot of money so they don't often test for this stuff since the testing is expensive....I know...I used to work at one....who knows..... I could have formulated this....

Oh and that formula probably costs about $0.50 an ounce....you paying $39.50 for a pretty bottle....

I wouldn't buy it...you'd have to pay me to put it on my face....

Turns out it doesn't claim non-comedogenic because it was never tested for comedogenicity..........

OMG I love this foundation...

...oh and no, I have not broken out from it. ^_^

If it works for you....and you see no correlation between it's use and your breakouts then don't switch......some people's skin is more tolerant than others........