Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My last question about Minocin

Does Minocin have the potential to make your acne worse before it gets better? What happened in the 2nd-3rd weeks was that EVERYTHING on my face dried up and the bigger one's slowly dried up but they took longer. However, I kept breaking out, so my face was a mess. I'm 7 weeks in now and things seem to be SLOWLY improving but I don't know if this medication is really going to do what I want it to. I'm giving it 9 weeks before considering other options

if you have any information to provide whatsoever I would be grateful, thanks.

Does Minocin have the potential to make your acne worse before it gets better? What happened in the 2nd-3rd weeks was that EVERYTHING on my face dried up and the bigger one's slowly dried up but they took longer. However, I kept breaking out, so my face was a mess. I'm 7 weeks in now and things seem to be SLOWLY improving but I don't know if this medication is really going to do what I want it to. I'm giving it 9 weeks before considering other options

if you have any information to provide whatsoever I would be grateful, thanks.

Minocycline seemed to pretty immediately start working for me. I was on it like a month or two and I don't remember any initial breakout but I'm always breaking out so if I got one I probably didn't notice. I did see subtle improvement but it's definately not a cure.

Gave me headaches for a while, then I got hives so I'm off now.