Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ifibelieve

i dont know what to do

Hey everyone!

so i am tazorac and i think its working, at least its making my skin peel. i am on the second week. and i need help. is there any suggestions to get the skin to peel faster to reveal the newer skin? with out hurting it preferrably :think: im open please help i need help before i go back to school in 6 days! or do you think it should be done peeling by then?

I went to the derm:

morning:

a little bit of vaseline to face

take 100mg doxycycline

Night:

Use brevoxyl wash-8

use tazorac .05 cream

take another 100 mg doxycycline

or am i doing something wrong?

Hey! I just started Tazorac yesterday after a 6-week bout with Retin-A .025%. My dermo started me on it as part of my new regimen. She also gave me a chemical peel, and I will be going in every two weeks to get them. I believe that chemical peels along with Tazorac is a very aggressive acne treatment, and is used in the case of cysts, to prevent scarring. I'm also an acid topical for scarring.

I'd never had a chemical peel before and didn't know much about them. I was given the lowest strength possible yesterday, and it still burned quite a bit, but only for a few minutes. Then the nurse let me rinse my face, and I could apply makeup easily within ten minutes. Today my face feels much tighter. I don't have much dryness--only around my mouth, but my skin does feel smoother. My dermo has discounted them for me--each chemical peel is only $35, which, I hear, is a steal. I don't even have to copay.

Good luck!

Hey! I just started Tazorac yesterday after a 6-week bout with Retin-A .025%. My dermo started me on it as part of my new regimen. She also gave me a chemical peel, and I will be going in every two weeks to get them. I believe that chemical peels along with Tazorac is a very aggressive acne treatment, and is used in the case of cysts, to prevent scarring. I'm also an acid topical for scarring.

I'd never had a chemical peel before and didn't know much about them. I was given the lowest strength possible yesterday, and it still burned quite a bit, but only for a few minutes. Then the nurse let me rinse my face, and I could apply makeup easily within ten minutes. Today my face feels much tighter. I don't have much dryness--only around my mouth, but my skin does feel smoother. My dermo has discounted them for me--each chemical peel is only $35, which, I hear, is a steal. I don't even have to copay.

Good luck!

hey thanks, maybe i should try a chemical peel. but i am in high doubt hat my derm would lte me do that right now. because its only been two weeks so maybe i just have to wait it out or find another less abrasive way.

By the way i hope you are crystal clear for your wedding day! Good luck ad thanks. :D

vaseline? I think that clogs pores FYI

actually no the derm told me that i was actually breaking out because i as using euricen and that most lotions even though they say non comdegenic sorry for the misspelling...they arent they actaully help to create acne. since ive been using no new breakouts but a lil greasier feeling than normal but thats to be expected. i just want to know how to speed up the peeling process?