Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
206bear

hormone acne and antibotics

I don't know. I hope so, because I have been on tetracycline for 2 weeks AND it IS working, but I am wondering if the results will last after the meds are done. My acne is hormonal. I have increased levels of free testosterone and some other hormonal sh*t. It doesn't make sense to me. The antibiotics wouldn't have any effect on regulating hormonal levels, although I am also on my 2nd month of Yasmin. Maybe that's helping with the acne, also. WHO KNOWS?!#% I hate feeling so powerless over what's happening to my body. Why these changes and why can't I do something to make them go away...RIGHT NOW!!!!! -Hopeless in New York

The antibiotics will help control the amount of bacteria on your face, which will lessen or completely get rid of the acne while on the medication. It's not going to regulate your hormones or anything, so the moment you stop taking the pills or the bacteria become resistant to the meds, the acne will probably come back if the hormones haven't straightened themselves out in the meantime.