Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DAWNJOY

TIRED ON TETRACYCLINE

Can anyone answer if they've been on tetracycline... I have been on 250mg. 3x/day for about 2 weeks now and OHMYGOSH am I tired!!!! All the time!!!!!!!! Is this a side-effect anyone else has experienced??? Also, I was curious about whether or not my acne will come back once I finish the meds??? The tetracycline seems like a temporary fix. I have noticed in these two weeks that the acne has cleared almostcompletely, BUT won't it come back after the month that I am prescribed it is over????

I'm on 250 mg 2x/day and have been on it for almost 4 weeks now. And let me tell you, I've been more tired then I have ever been since using Tetra. I feel so sleep deprived even after 10 hours of sleep. I haven't broken out in any cysts since being put on it, but I have had a few small breakouts (which I figure is from the Retin-A). I'm not sure if acne will come back once you go off of it. I'm curious about that too...

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I've been on Tetrex, 250Mg, 2x daily for 12 months. I'm getting off it in the next month or so, i'll let you know if i break out. I'm planning on stepping down the dosage slowly so as to avoid breakouts as best i can.

I haven't really thought alot about it but i do get quite drained at times, sometimes there is good reason for it however! I'm not entirely sure if this is a side effect, i don't recall reading anything about fatigue on the drug information sheet. :think:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

healthy lifestyle ..

Is that some sort of rude passing comment? It's a bit ignorant to assume that we're not, don't you think.

I can't speak for the others but i'm very healthy. I exercise daily, i eat an almost flawless diet and i attend yoga & meditation classes weekly.