Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xkissmexquick

Isnt the sun really bad for your acne??!??!

Sunlight can cause an increased production of skin oils, which may make acne worse.

Exposure to small amounts of sun is not bad, but baking in it can cause damage.

I notice that in the summer when I go to the beach my skin clears up. I spend a little time in sun and slahter on the sunscreen to make sure I don't get burned.

I have a friend who is constantly out in the sun and never protects herself. She thinks her skin looks better than when she is not tan. I think the reason she thinks her skin looks better is because the red spots caused by her acne are not as noticeable. I have pale skin and so when I have zits that are much more noticeable.

Hi

Ya lol thats what I thought especially if your taking prescriptions for it from the derm. I posted a topic similar to this on the general acne forum. I mean all say that it's unhealthy especially in large doses. I mean it may affect you it may not who knows what the future will hold. And it depends on how long your in the sun etc. Sometimes it will help make it better tho... idk haha I was just saying what I heard and what I feel.

Franny G!

I was just about to ask the same thing! I find my face looks SO much better when I have a little tan...just have a bit of a brown face and freckles at the mo, and I am getting loads of compliments on how great my skin looks (my skin was at it's WORSE EVER in November/December, and i'm 27!!!). I find my spots heal faster when i am out and about...but NO sunburn, then i tend to break out. I guess one just looks 'healthier' with a bit of a tan, and redmarks tend to be much less nocticeable...I barely use concealer and use very little powder in the summer ( I play Rugby, so I am outside a lot). I dunno, I do wear sunscreen in the summer, but I tend to get brown anyhoo! Guess it's a bit of a necessary evil...I guess i'll pay for it when i'm older!

well it depends, some ppl get clear when they go to the beach, i dont know if it's cause of the salty water, or the sun, or both

gettin a tan will make ur red marks disappear sooner, so if youre problem is acne, dont expose yourself to sun

ps. sorry im always offtopic :D

The sun exposure itself is not harmful to acne, but it could lead to other skin problems in the future. Taken in extreme moderation, a little sun exposure shouldn't cause any problems ;)

If you are like one of my exgf's and tan twice a day, then get ready for some serious skin problems!