Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone!

I'm from Szczecin, Poland and I'm 28. I've been fighting with acne for 14 years, and I think I've taken all available antibiotics (Tetracyclin, Dalacin, Davercin, and so on), but every time I observed a progress and I put away the medicine, the disease used to return after a few weeks or months. I've got - unfortunately - a lot of scars (also icepicks) , but I hope that I'll make my skin smoother (a dermabrasion or something) after the treatment.

Ten days ago I've started my Accutane regimen (actually, it's Aknenormin - this is a Polish name for Isotretinoin)

I'll try to desribe my regimen and (hopefully) progress.

Here's my photo (somewhat blurry,so it doesn't show scars well) taken about two months before the start of regimen:

IPB Image

My first ten days of the treatment weren't too nice and easy, because I had an initial breakout a few days ago and now I have about seven cysts on my cheeks and chin (one of them big & aching), but they start to dry up now, however leaving red marks. I had also one small nosebleed in the night, but I 've had no problems with my mood and no muscle-ache or backache. My lips are of course very dry, and I put a lip balm on them.

I'll try to share my Accutane experience with you in the next weeks. Wish me luck!

Best regards,

Jarrec

My roaccutane dose is 40 mg a day.

(Mam dawke 40 mg dziennie)

Pozdrowienia! (Regards!)

Jarrec

WOW! That was awesome! :wub: I like your log already!

Thank you TennesseeGirl! I also read your log and it gives me a lot of hope! :wub:

I also read your log and it gives me a lot of hope!

:wub: :wub: :wub: How wonderful to hear! Keep your chin up! Your skin looks like the perfect candidate for accutane... I hope you clear up soon! What time is it over there in poland anyway? I am posting at 12:11 a.m. my time!

just add about 7 hours, and youll know whats the time here:)

Jarek, bedzie dobrze. ile wazysz ? ja biore 30mg na 60 kilo...z reszta wszystko jest w moim logu, pozdrawiam rowniez!

hey ya good luck with accutane I hope you get the results you want. Going on it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Good Luck :D

I also read your log and it gives me a lot of hope!

What time is it over there in poland anyway? I am posting at 12:11 a.m. my time!

TG, now it's 10:59 AM in Poland. I didn't set the time zone right when I was registering, so there's American time shown in my messages. Maybe someone of you know how to change it?

I also hope to clear up soon, but it seems (as I read those tane logs) that in fact it's gonna take a big deal of time. Never mind: I'm gonna be patient!

:wub:

just add about 7 hours, and youll know whats the time here:)

Jarek, bedzie dobrze. ile wazysz ? ja biore 30mg na 60 kilo...z reszta wszystko jest w moim logu, pozdrawiam rowniez!

My weight is about 85 kg. (waze okolo 85 kg).

Regards.

JP

ps zajrze wkrotce do Ciebie na loga

hey ya good luck with accutane I hope you get the results you want. Going on it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Good Luck :D

Lara - thank you, I wish you also good luck!

:)

Hello Everyone!

Today is my eleventh day of the regimen. In the morning, I noticed two big & ugly whiteheads on my right cheek and I nearly had to tie my hands not to pop them! ;) Gotta be patient - that's the only way to succeed! Except for those whiteheads, there is nothing new on my face, and the rest of my skin looks like it's smoothened a little. The red marks are fading slowly. My lips are still dry and the skin's scabbing a little, but I know this side effect's gonna last for all the time of my regimen.

Another side effect: in the morning when I wake up to go to work, I feel more sleepy and tired, but after about 1 hour it gets better.

Regards,

Jarrec

12th day of regimen.

Skin's still very dry, let alone the lips. It's also red & irritated in some places. But there's no new pimples! Not one new zit. The old ones are drying up, but it'll surely take some time for them to heal (about two months, I think).

I'm a little afraid, because when I woke up in the morning, I felt very tired and somewhat depressed, but I think it hasn't got anything to do with tane, it's just because of my job problems (I'm a project manager in an employment office in Szczecin and recently we've had a lot of problems with public procurements).

Hi there-

Welcome to acne.org!! Being from Poland your log caught my attention. I teach here in the US and we just read the book The Hundred Dresses, about a little girl who immmigrated from poland and some of the problems her family faced. We did some research on Poland. So there are 2 fourth graders in the US that do know a thing or two about your country!!

Good, Good luck with accutane. Like TGrl said, this is a great place for advice or frustration venting so keep on posting!

HI Jarrec..

Yay.. welcome to the family..

Tired and depressed... Just blame it on Accutane ok.. :dance:

Being a project manager sounds tough.. :doh:

More sleepy and tired... ME TOO :):)...

Today is Good Friday holiday here.. and I just sleep for 4 hourss.. gee..

Well.. take care and be good to yourself.

All the best..

Corrine

Hi there-

Welcome to acne.org!! Being from Poland your log caught my attention. I teach here in the US and we just read the book The Hundred Dresses, about a little girl who immmigrated from poland and some of the problems her family faced. We did some research on Poland. So there are 2 fourth graders in the US that do know a thing or two about your country!!

Dear Trenem, I've heard a little about "The Hundred Dresses". It's a sad story, but it's good for the children to read it, because they can learn not to judge people by their wealth or appearance. However, it's important to know, that nowadays Poland is not such a poor country as it is shown it "THD", we surely have some problems with unemployment and weak economic condition, but we gradually become a well-developed European country, just like Spain or Portugal.

Good, Good luck with accutane. Like TGrl said, this is a great place for advice or frustration venting so keep on posting!

Thank you for luck wishes!

czesc stary :D

tez jestem polakiem. mieszkam ale juz od 16 latach w niemczech.

nie umie tak za dobrze pisac ale staram sie :doh:

wszystko bedzie dobrze :dance:

czesc stary :D

tez jestem polakiem. mieszkam ale juz od 16 latach w niemczech.

nie umie tak za dobrze pisac ale staram sie :doh:

wszystko bedzie dobrze :dance:

Hi Tobi!

Czesc Tobi!

I also hope everything's gonna be all right! Best wishes to you too!

Tez mam nadzieje, ze wszystko bedzie OK! Wszystkiego dobrego Ci zycze!

Jarrec

THD doesn't really protray poland as poor, but the immigrants living in america from poland are poor! The book doens't really talk about Poland much, so we did some research and all our research was about modern day Poland. I always thought being bi-lingial would be cool! Hope you enjoy your accutane experience.

More sleepy and tired... ME TOO :) :)...

Today is Good Friday holiday here.. and I just sleep for 4 hourss.. gee..

Well.. take care and be good to yourself.

All the best..

Hi Corrine, also all the best to you...Hope you'll sleep more this night ;)

Jarrec

THD doesn't really protray poland as poor, but the immigrants living in america from poland are poor! The book doens't really talk about Poland much, so we did some research and all our research was about modern day Poland. I always thought being bi-lingial would be cool! Hope you enjoy your accutane experience.

Trenem, anyway - I like what I heard about THD, I think it's a deeply moving book for kids.

So far, I enjoy my accutane experience - let's see what's gonna happen in the future ;)

Dear Trenem, I've heard a little about "The Hundred Dresses". It's a sad story, but it's good for the children to read it, because they can learn not to judge people by their wealth or appearance. However, it's important to know, that nowadays Poland is not such a poor country as it is shown it "THD", we surely have some problems with unemployment and weak economic condition, but we gradually become a well-developed European country, just like Spain or Portugal.

we have a lot of polish people at the place i work in england, they are all noticeably cool and some of the girls are stunning! they teach us things like pokaz cipe and wale koni! lol! i recently read an article on the top 10 emerging cities in the world and krakow came 2nd so i'm planning a weekend break there at some point in the summer :)

good luck with the 'tane

Sounds awesome guys! We enjoyed some Polish foods. It was sort of hard to find anything that didn't have suasage or cabbage!! I knew the kids wouldn't like that. Have a great skin day!

we have a lot of polish people at the place i work in england, they are all noticeably cool and some of the girls are stunning! they teach us things like pokaz cipe and wale koni! lol! i recently read an article on the top 10 emerging cities in the world and krakow came 2nd so i'm planning a weekend break there at some point in the summer :)

good luck with the 'tane

"pokaz cipe" :lol:

and i totally recommend you Krakow :)

good luck with the 'tane

"pokaz cipe" :lol:

and i totally recommend you Krakow :)

My boyfriend is from Krakow......He's the most adorable Polish boy ever........ :wub:

Good Luck with your course.....

Day 13th.

No new zits. The skin is dry, at first glance it still doesn't look well, but when I examine the skin more carefully, it really looks smoother than before. :)

So far only two side effects appeared: dry & scabbing lips and - what I certainly don't like - a feeling of tiredness, especially in the morning. Gee! Today I had a bike ride and I felt more tired than usually on the same route. Nevertheless, I can't say that I'm depressed, my mood is OK.

Yesterday and the day before yesterday I was singing in the choir in my church at the Good Thursday and the Good Friday liturgies - tonight we're gonna celebrate the Resurrection of Christ!

Peace & joy of the Risen Lord to all of you!

Guest President Slut

I'm down and dirty with the south west jablonksy mafia :cool2: