Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have just started my own regiment and i hope it works. Tell me what you guys think about it or feel free to give out pointers to make it better!

(I have mild/moderate acne and I don't have that sensitive skin)

Morning: Just wash face with cetaphil cleansing bar

Night: take a shower, at end of shower use cleansing bar and than shave. wait 2 min. than use 2% salicic acid bar. rinse off with cold water. wait 10 min. than use Oxy 10 action with 10% BP. this isn't supposed to be left on the face but i rub it on and leave it on overnight. I wake up the next morning and wash it off with cleansing bar.

I have been doing this for 2 days and so far no notable difference. Should i keep with this regiment? Feel free to give any advice to make it better or to change things. Thanks!

I heard anything with 10% BP is really damaging to your face.. maybe you should try the 2.5%

Why dont you just try Dans regemin?

Puma- If it doesn't change much I agree with DaisyMae, try the 2.5 bp. Dan said it works better than the 10% for some reason.

10% 'll dry your face out too much, like Dan says use 2.5% altho I use 5%, but only cause my chemist hardly ever has 2.5 in stock :-

Thanks for responding! your thoughts are appreciated. The thing is about the 10% BP is that it isn't burning or drying out my skin. I have been doing this for like a week and a half, and I think I improved a little. But with these products would you guys do anything different as far as the sequence of events that I use the products in? Or do you think I should change the regimen completly using different products? It's just a week before school starts and I'm trying to clear up!! (but i guess I'm always trying to do that but now I have my back against the wall) I don't have that bad of acne but I do have some on the sides of my face and forehead and I want it to go away! Thanks again!

I'll just say that you should probably try Dan's regimen or the acne cure as stated in these posts. Both regimens have proven track records. I noticed a major change in 2 days on Dan's regimen and others have had great luck with the cure. If you don't notice a change soon use one of the regimens to the t.

yeah, I think I will try the "Cure" but I think the main reason for why it works is the ice part and applying it to a cold face. Yesterday I tried this:

I woke up and washed with 2% SA bar

than at night after washing with SA bar and letting it sit for 2 min pat dry. I than rub and ice cube over face and hands and take out 10% BP (I know this is a high concentration but it doesn't seem to dry out my skin) I apply the BP and than take a bag full of ice and cool my face with the BP on it. I wipe of any residue and go to sleep.

I woke up in the morning and my face was really soft and things looked better (or didn't get worse) so I think I will try this at least until I find a lower concentration BP or the other product for the Cure (something with a Gly...) Thanks for the replys!!

Cetaphil cleansing is so expersive here. . . about $11 i think? Is neutrogena soap bar any good?

Yes! I tried that bar and it worked pretty well. Just make sure to wipe off any extra residue when you are done. But i really like the cetaphil cleansing bar, it's easy on the skin and smells nice.