Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
springmore

Bi-Monthly Chemical Peels and Finacea

I've been mostly in denial about my face and its potential for scarring. Then I saw the dermatologist today and, in addition to a crazy aggressive regimen, she wants me to come in for a chemical peel every other week. Who else had tried this? What did you think? I got my first one yesterday and it burned (it was just the lowest strength, too), but my face feels much tighter and drier today (which is nice).

Help, please?

thats too soon to be getting chemical peels ..the skin takes a long time to recover after each one..i'd wait at least a month or two before getting the next one

my derm had me come in monthly for peels. I did this for years and years. From what I know, it normally takes 28 days or so for skin cells to turn over, so doing it more rapidly than monthly, I just don't know, that seems to be a bit too often.

did your derm mention why she wanted to do them frequently? Faster results maybe?

I suppose you can try it, but if your skin is in a constant state of irritation and peeling, then I would back off to once a month.