Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daniel89

how long does accutane take to work

hey guys

ive been on accutane 132 days now and my face hasnt rly gotten much better.

my course will run about 200 days.

started off on 40mg a day for the first 50 days or so and been on 60mg ever since.

is it to soon to lose hope or do sometimes results mostly come at the end?

My derm told me that is entirley normal for people not to see results until their last month. Don't lose hope. There is still plenty of time for the meds. to kick it.

Good luck!

How long is ur course in months rather than days? That confuses me lol

You say youve got 200 days left thats PLENTY of time :)

i have about 2 months left now. (67 days)

been on for over four months now (132 days)

my derm said 60mg is the maximum for my bodyweight (160 pounds).

i would say that may face has only gotten about 15-20% better in this time.

hopefully big changes will be made in the last two months!

How bad was your acne to begin wtih, though? If it was mild acne and you have only seen 15-20% improvement then I wouldn't be too sad :)

But if you have severe, cystic, nodular acne, then I would just wait out the last little bit and hope that accutane takes after you quit. I agree with several people here - for some, accutane doesn't work until you are totally done with the course!

Either way, I hope you find your clear skin soon :)

well i use to get cysts on my face and back.

i havent gotten any in about two months now.

it seems to have fixed up my body acne but for some reason it isnt doing much for the less severe acne on my face :eh:

i have about 2 months left now. (67 days)

been on for over four months now (132 days)

my derm said 60mg is the maximum for my bodyweight (160 pounds).

i would say that may face has only gotten about 15-20% better in this time.

hopefully big changes will be made in the last two months!

I'm 157 pounds and on 120mg

yes i spoke to my derm last time i went in about this and he said 60mg is the maximum for my bodyweight.

his reasoning was that he believes it is safer to take a lower dose for a longer period of time (hence my 6 and a half month course).

he said that what is most important is the total dose taken not how much taken in one day. my course is 150 mg/kg (i am 72 kilos or 160 pounds), so that is exactly nine boxes.

I weigh 220 and take 40 twice a day. My face has gotten better but I am still getting 1 or 2 new cysts a week. They are a little smaller too. I am fuckin pissed off about it too. I would say I have improved about 50%. I am not getting big ass cysts anymore, but I am still getting infected hair follicles and shit after I shave. Really kills your hope, doesn't it? Some people say that there is no reason I should still be getting zits...and others say it may not completely work til I get off, so I don't know what to fuckin beleive.

I weigh 220 and take 40 twice a day. My face has gotten better but I am still getting 1 or 2 new cysts a week. They are a little smaller too. I am fuckin pissed off about it too. I would say I have improved about 50%. I am not getting big ass cysts anymore, but I am still getting infected hair follicles and shit after I shave. Really kills your hope, doesn't it? Some people say that there is no reason I should still be getting zits...and others say it may not completely work til I get off, so I don't know what to fuckin beleive.

Me neither, it's kind of hard to believe that you are magically suppose to clear in your last month, hell when is that last month, month 5??

my doctor said that it is safer to run lower dose but longer accutane courses?

he said that it will also take longer to see results...so maybe this is y my face hasnt improved so much :eh: