Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bbbsq11

Breaking out REALLY bad on B5!!! Help!

Ok, so i'm entering my 4th week of B5 today (taking Evolution X brand) and i'm breaking out waaaaay more than i normally do ever. Its freaking me out and i really really really hate it. I'm assuming this is the initial breakout, but how long does it last???? I've had this for over a week now.

Please advise! Thanks!

Initial breakouts can last from anywhere up to 3 months, which you probably didn't want to hear! Persevere with the B5, it really is a godsend! I use Vitacures B5 pills and I broke out for the first few weeks. By 3 months I was so much clearer. Everyone reacts differently to B5. Give it time. If in a few weeks you haven't noticed any difference in your skin at all, I would suggest you change brands, as some B5 vitamins are not manufactured correctly from pure ingredients and can actually cause acne. Good luck, and hang in there! :)

Hey don't worry about those breakouts, the same thing happend to me on B5. I broke out really,really bad over the first few weeks but gradually started to clear after about eight weeks. I know it sucks but stay with it; you should start seeing some good results soon. After about three months I was 100% clear so stick with it; B5 works great you just have to give it time.

Ok, well i guess thats just the way it is then! So i guess maybe it is working then, if i am breaking out more now. I wasn't sure if it was just a waste or not.

Plus the oil hasn't decreased at all yet... except for today was a little less oily than usual, but still not tolerable imo.

Anyways, glad to hear that it does get better!

hey if its been a month since u started it, and u cant see any difference, then u shouldnt use it

have u been to a derm?

Intoxifornication - people have been saying that you get way worse before you get better... i'm going to stick this one out i think and just suffer for awhile.

BTW - I love Butch Walker too!

Give it time! A lady I know took it for 5 months, no improvement, then after 6 months she was completely clear. That's my advice.

I totally agree, stick with it, give it time. A doctor will tell you with all acne medications, don't expect to see any improvement until after 3 months. One month isn't enough time to tell if this will work for you. Good luck, I'm sure you will see it is worth the wait! :D

I was on it for 4 months and it made more oil production and broke me out the whole time that i had to stop maybe it woulda worked if i stuck it out a few more months but i dont think so.... depends on the person as usual