Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swill

One quick question about the Regimen please!

Hey guys, I'm new; have been wandering around the site for ages, but this is my first post :)

I started the Regimen about 18 months ago - and it worked a treat; I was clear for ages. I thought that was that for my acne (although it has only ever been very mild), but unfortunately it has returned in the last few months - mainly due to stress I think with my Finals approaching at Uni.

Just one question that I have: When applying the BP Gel to my face, and obviously on to areas that have spots, do I have to be careful to apply to the 'spotty' areas and the clear areas seperately, so as not to spread them? It makes the application so much more difficult and time consuming if I do, so was just wondering whether you guys think it is necessary? I mean, will applying and spreading the same finger and same gel over both spots and clear skin help to spread the spots???

Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

hey swill, basically u want to be very gentle with your skin and i think its okay to apply it to all the spots

cuz u may not know if it is starting to form ther or not

hey swill, basically u want to be very gentle with your skin and i think its okay to apply it to all the spots

cuz u may not know if it is starting to form ther or not

I think just wash your hands before applying BP to get any bacteria off your hands. I don't think you'll be spreading bacteria around on your face since you have also just washed it and gotten rid of any surface bacteria.

Hey guys, I'm new; have been wandering around the site for ages, but this is my first post :)

I started the Regimen about 18 months ago - and it worked a treat; I was clear for ages. I thought that was that for my acne (although it has only ever been very mild), but unfortunately it has returned in the last few months - mainly due to stress I think with my Finals approaching at Uni.

Just one question that I have: When applying the BP Gel to my face, and obviously on to areas that have spots, do I have to be careful to apply to the 'spotty' areas and the clear areas seperately, so as not to spread them? It makes the application so much more difficult and time consuming if I do, so was just wondering whether you guys think it is necessary? I mean, will applying and spreading the same finger and same gel over both spots and clear skin help to spread the spots???

Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

With clean hands, just rub the bp all over. Unless you only break out on one particular part of your face, like your chin or something, just use it all over.

Since you've been on the Regimen for a long time, do read back through it and be sure you aren't accidentally leaving anything out or slacking in your procedure or the amount of bp.

Read through the biggest mistakes section and see if anything rings a bell.

And do let us know what you are using (cleanser, bp, moist.) and exactly how much you are using and how often. Maybe we can figure out what is going on with you.

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

With clean hands, just rub the bp all over. Unless you only break out on one particular part of your face, like your chin or something, just use it all over.

Since you've been on the Regimen for a long time, do read back through it and be sure you aren't accidentally leaving anything out or slacking in your procedure or the amount of bp.

Read through the biggest mistakes section and see if anything rings a bell.

And do let us know what you are using (cleanser, bp, moist.) and exactly how much you are using and how often. Maybe we can figure out what is going on with you.

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

Thanks for your replies guys. I think you are right Jad, there should be no bacteria anywhere to spread so hopefully its ok - I think its probably more of a mental thing, that you're sure you must be spreading spots around whenever you touch them! :confused:

Thanks Brandy, those common mistakes are very helpful. I think its fair to say that I'm not as gentle as I once was - have probably become more lazy! I think I'm using enough BP though. I'll maybe try using more. I only apply it to my upper cheek areas, nose, and some of my forehead - these are generally the only places I ever get spots. I am in the UK, so cannot get hold of the recommended products unfortunately - although I get Dan's BP shipped over :) I use Nivea for Men Cleanser (which seems to tick all the right boxes), but having checked out the UK forum, I'm going to try another product that is recommended. I use a Clearasil moisturiser, which I am pleased with. However, there are two anomalies to my regimen :confused:

I use the Proactiv toner after showering, before I apply the BP Gel. My skin is so dry without this, even after applying moisturiser. The second, is that I don't apply moisturiser to the areas I apply BP Gel to. I know this second one is a fairly big anomaly, but I have always done it. My skin doesnt dry out or anything with the BP, so I have never seen any need for it..and as I say, this is something I have always done, even when my skin was clear and the results from the regimen were great. Do you think things could have changed? But my skin still doesnt get dry (apart from, funnily enough, the chin area which doesnt get spots and doesnt get any BP gel!)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received :) I have to say that having you guys to bounce concerns and ideas off of is certainly a great help, which is very much appreciated! Can't believe I didn't sign up sooner...

Well, think back to the exact products you were using when you remained clear for all those months. Maybe you've changed something since then and forgotten about it.

and yea, do be sure you are using a full fat finger worth of Dan's bp.

The toner isn't something that is recommended, but you already knew that. If you've added that in the last few months, I'd suspect it as part of the problem.

Get back on the exact program that kept you clear for the first year and get back to being gentle and pampering your skin.

See if those changes help get you back on track.