Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fizzgig

Blessed Herbs: Should I or shouldnt I??? Please help!!!

Being underweight I resorted to having colonic irrigations instead for the past 6 weeks but it doesn’t appear to be shifting any mucoid plaque. As others here have said, it was great for getting out stones the morning after a liver flush but I feel like I’d have to go on and on and on having these colonics to shift some plaque if it ever will, and the Blessed herbs is so fast and FAR more economical compared and may even help a little to fast out the rest of the Candida I have. I'm seriously tempted and on the brink of ordering it. When one is already extremely skinny and under weight, could a 5 day fast like this do more harm than good?

Being underweight I resorted to having colonic irrigations instead for the past 6 weeks but it doesn’t appear to be shifting any mucoid plaque. As others here have said, it was great for getting out stones the morning after a liver flush but I feel like I’d have to go on and on and on having these colonics to shift some plaque if it ever will, and the Blessed herbs is so fast and FAR more economical compared and may even help a little to fast out the rest of the Candida I have. I'm seriously tempted and on the brink of ordering it. When one is already extremely skinny and under weight, could a 5 day fast like this do more harm than good?

what is mucoid plaque? is that why you are underweight?? why don't you just eat more, take some protien drinks and work out? Do you have problems digesting? If you are underweight i dont think a 5 day fast would help you very much...but this is coming from a guy who doesn't know what mucoid plaque is or what the hell you are talking about for that matter...

This link describes colon / mucoid plaque: http://www.cleanse.net/mucoid_plaque.HTM I have always been one of those people who could eat heaps of anything and yet struggle to put on weight, but steadily lost appetite over the last several years with digestive and health issues. Lost weight recently dealing with it at last and finding it even harder to put back on with the healthy diet I need to follow. The thing is you tend to lose a bit of weight from the sounds of it anyway by getting rid of the plaque but it’s how much body fat that worries me.

I think that this "mucoid plaque" stuff is supposed to be in the SMALL intestine, which colonics don't reach. So a fiber/laxative based cleanser (like Blessed Herbs) is the way to get it out.

My whole life I've been reeeally skinny. I used to eat a lot of food but really unhealthy foods. For the last year, I've been eating really healthy, and I actually gained 5 pounds. I couldn't gain anything before that. I don't eat that much food but I eat tons of healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, butter, goat's milk kefir, flax seeds, avocadoes). You can still eat lots of different foods on a healthy diet. There's nothing wrong with meat/fish, eggs (just try to get organic), sprouted grain bread, rice, beans/lentils/peas, nuts, seeds... and of course all vegetables and fruits.

I think you'll be more likely to gain weight if you're healthy... If you do bowel and liver cleansing, and eat healthy and enough calories, you should gain weight.

But how underweight are you? What's your height/weight? Are you a guy or girl?

Thanks so much for your help. I think you must be right about the colonics not quite reaching even though they tell you it helps remove it. I’m hovering at the moment around 45kg / 173cm tall and female. I guess I’m impatient with my weight because not only do I hate being this skinny but I badly want to do this cleanse and get my health sorted out before having a procedure for my skin around July because I wont have another opportunity for ages after that. Slow and poor healing was what helped lead me to get on the health trail and while it has improved somewhat I’d like to get it right up there. In hind sight I should have done the cleanse a few months back when I had a little bit more weight and first started tackling my health issues but didn’t know enough about it then. I love avocados and have coconut and plenty of olive oil but no dairy now because the lady who does the colonics said I was most likely dairy intolerant. I did try to find kefir though but the health shops here had never heard of it and thought it must be something Lebanese. I eat free range eggs and chicken but no breads, only rice crackers, basmati rice, and heaps of rice noodles with stirfries. I also eats lots of fish (mostly tinned salmon) heaps of tahini and almond spread and big salads and veg. Trying to stay off the fruit because of the Candida too. I must start having the flax seeds as well cos I only have the oil. Gives me some hope you were able to put on a little weight when being so healthy. Do you think I can gradually put on some weight with heaps of rice products for my carbs and is that and sweet potatoes enough carbs? I sure hope so but when I look at a lot of Asians I wonder. Am I seriously too dangerously thin for this cleanse? Thanks again!

Some people have said they got out a lot of "junk" with colonics so I'm sure they do get rid of some stuff that shouldn't be there, but yeah they definitely don't clean the small intestine (the ileo-cecal valve blocks water from going past the colon), which is probably where most of the MP is.

45 kg / 173 cm = 99 pounds / 5 feet 7.5 inches.

If I did that conversion right, you're really skinny! Wow. I'm 112 pounds / 5 ft. 4, and I thought I was skinny.

I can only tell you my experience... I really can't say if you'll gain weight... But I do think you have a better chance of gaining weight by eating healthy than by eating tons of junk food.

I don't want to tell you to do the Blessed Herbs thing when you're so thin... I really don't know if it's a good idea or not? Do you lose weight easily? I've fasted for a few days before and only lost a couple of pounds, nothing noticeable, and I put right back on afterward.

There's also Colonix... it's similar to Blessed Herbs but takes at least a month and there's no fasting involved. People have gotten MP out on it. I think it's cheaper, too.

Oh, and... I make my own kefir with goat's milk. I don't know if you'd be interested in that but it's really easy. I can't tolerate cow's milk... but I have no problems with kefir from goat's milk and I drink 2 cups a day.

I had a series of 10 colonics, and from what I could tell, I never got any mucoid plaque out, although I did definitely get old fecal matter out.

I'm doing Colonix right now, and have been passing mucoid plaque while on it. It did take a month to start passing it though. I do think a fast is a more efficient way of getting to it, BUT I have fasted with P&B shakes and never gotten it either. A few people around here have done the BH cleanse and apparently it worked very well for them. It's just a matter of finding what works for you.

I don't think a fast would result in permanent weight loss for you, but I can see how you might not even want to temporarily lose a few pounds. I wonder if you could do a "semi-fast" while doing the Blessed Herbs, and take oils, and maybe have kefir smoothies? Just a thought - it might make it less effective at getting to the MP.

I really appreciate the help! I’ve always been really skinny so losing more weight was the pits. I kind of lost interest in food when I first started the Candida diet and was starting to skip lunches etc as well as not having a great appetite anyway at that stage. Got my interest back when I saw the colonics lady who modified the diet the naturopath gave me and frightened me basically into eating more even if not feeling like it. She was surprised I was still getting periods. I seem to lose weight so fast and put it back on so SLOOOOW, so as much as I want to strictly follow Blessed Herbs, after reading your messages I am going to give the Colonix a go. Thanks again Leah and cjb :)

I would really like to be able to make some keffir, just have to find out where to get goats milk as I’ve never seen it in any of the normal supermarkets where I live. Will try the health shop again with hopefully more luck this time. Could you please let me know how you make it Leah? I apologise if you're repeating yourself.

edit: cjb, out of interest how many months are you doing Colonix, 2 or 3?

This explains it somewhat: http://www.drnatura.com/colonixinstructions.html

Although one kit of Colonix is about $75 for one month supply, you need to buy 2-3 kits for first timers so the Blessed herbs kit at about $89 is actually cheaper initially. They do have a discount on with Colonix at the moment for 40-50% off for more than one but they don’t send internationally and the European site wont sell outside Europe. I ended up having to get it off ebay- US$ 218 including $50 international postage for 3 kits. Postage is a rip-off and it sucks all the more when it’s shipped for free by the Dr Natura site in the US and Canada but that’s how it is. My partner isn’t happy about it but he’s almost getting used to me racking up these kind of bills ;)

I would really like to be able to make some keffir, just have to find out where to get goats milk as I’ve never seen it in any of the normal supermarkets where I live. Will try the health shop again with hopefully more luck this time. Could you please let me know how you make it Leah? I apologise if you're repeating yourself.

You have to buy these things called kefir grains. You can't get them from stores because they have to be kept in milk all the time. There's a kefir Yahoo group that you can join so you can post a message asking if anyone near you can sell you some grains (the grains grow, so people who have them always have extra). Usually they're pretty cheap. Basically, to make kefir, you put a tablespoon of grains and a cup of milk (or 2 tablespoons and 2 cups) in a jar and let it sit for 24 hours. Then you strain out the grains, put them in a new jar, and cover them in milk again. (You have to continously make it to keep the grains alive.) This site has more details about it: http://users.chariot.net.au/~dna/Makekefir.html

edit: cjb, out of interest how many months are you doing Colonix, 2 or 3?

I'm in the middle of my 2nd month now. I haven't decided if I'll go for another month. It's working well for me to be on it right now because I'm doing liver flushes, so it keeps me clean and helps ensure I get cleaned out post-flush. It's been a pretty convenient way to go. Just go easy with the tea. You can become dependent on the senna, so try to steep for as little time as possible, and take occasional breaks from it.

Thanks a lot Leah, will check it out.

cjb, glad you mentioned you‘re still doing liver flushes on it as I thought I’d have to wait till finished. I guess you’re doing the flushes when having breaks from the senna tea. Thanks for the warning about it as I tend to over do some things

Thanks a lot Leah, will check it out.

cjb, glad you mentioned you‘re still doing liver flushes on it as I thought I’d have to wait till finished. I guess you’re doing the flushes when having breaks from the senna tea. Thanks for the warning about it as I tend to over do some things

Yes, I don't drink the tea on the nights that I flush. That would be overkill, since on the next day I'm doing enemas and such.