Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flclsteve

flclsteve's doxycycline log

well i decided to see a doctor about my acne and well i thought id post my results ill up date with pics weekly

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

right now im taking 100 mg of doxycycline once a day

i have duac topical gel (clindamycin 1% benzoyl peroxide 5%) for the morning

then i have retin-a micro for the evening

they also recommended a facial cleanser and it contains glycolic acid

i know my acne isnt the worst but its really been getting me down lately so i really hope this works wish me luck guys :cool:

well i decided to see a doctor about my acne and well i thought id post my results ill up date with pics weekly

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

right now im taking 100 mg of doxycycline once a day

i have duac topical gel (clindamycin 1% benzoyl peroxide 5%) for the morning

then i have retin-a micro for the evening

they also recommended a facial cleanser and it contains glycolic acid

i know my acne isnt the worst but its really been getting me down lately so i really hope this works wish me luck guys :cool:

Hi,

My derm has me on almost the exact same regimine. However, I'm just using regular Retin-A and he didn't recommend a cleanser. What cleanser are you using? Did you get a sunscreen rec? I was using Aveeno Positively Radiant before my derm put me on the regimine. It worked fine. But now it seems to be giving me blackheads. I've stopped using it (and so have become a vampire only going outside at night . . . not counting the quick trips from my car to my home or car to office) and my skin looks much better. But I know I really need suncreen.

Good luck!

april 18th

IPB Image

IPB Image

if u cant tell i have a real hard time taking pics of my self lol. any way its been one week i was getting stomach problems during the begining of the week im not sure if it was the medicine or somthing else but ya 1 week cant really notice much diffrence my skin gets really flaky and im not sure if i should leave it or use a moisteriser so if some one could let know that would be great well not much else to report being a stressful week girls n such :P hope that stress dosnt show up on my face :P

april 18th

IPB Image

IPB Image

if u cant tell i have a real hard time taking pics of my self lol. any way its been one week i was getting stomach problems during the begining of the week im not sure if it was the medicine or somthing else but ya 1 week cant really notice much diffrence my skin gets really flaky and im not sure if i should leave it or use a moisteriser so if some one could let know that would be great well not much else to report being a stressful week girls n such :P hope that stress dosnt show up on my face :P

Hi there,

I have no idea if you still check the message boards. But I'm on the same path and I've been on Doxy 100mg a day for two weeks and I'm actually noticing the difference now. I'm really pleased... I have a whole bunch of red marks but I'm not worried 'coz I know those will go away in time.

How is the treatment going for you???

well sorry for not responding is so long ive had no internet at my house for awhile well this last week i broke out pretty bad agian i think it might have been some of the junk food ive been eating bad choice the red marks are still there and they suck but i have next to no new pimples i had a pretty bad on on my nose last week but im still optomistic about the medicine heres pics

may 18th

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

oh ya i got a hair cut =)