Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miss mess

your experience with birth control?

i've been taking ortho evra [the patch] for over a year now, and the acne on my back had cleared up substantially. unfortunately, there was an error with my medical coverage, causing me to miss two months of my dosage during jan/feb. my acne has returned, both on my back AND a bit on my chest. i'm hoping that with continued use, i'll see the same results i did before. not looking forward to the embarassment of body acne during summer!

just wondering how birth control has affected others here. it seems like it did wonders for me, before the skipped months. crossing my fingers...

The pill really helped my body and face acne too. I wasn't 100% clear but definitely an improvement. I've been off the pill for a year or two and the back and face acne returned to their previous level. I'm not going back on the pill for other reasons but it definitely worked for me as to the acne!

I use yasmin and its been clearing me up and i havent had any new pimples in like 3 weeks.. except i got a small new one yesterday but its okay since its small.

Hmmm... that's interesting. I was also on Ortho Evra, for about 2 years. My bacne/face never cleared up on it. Then, I started the regimen, and my face cleared up almost completely, and my bacne quite a bit. Now I'm on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo... and after a couple months, my back/chest have tons of tiny little pimples and some whiteheads! The regimen isn't helping it at all. Ughhh.... don't know what to do :(