Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
proactivhelp

Question on Regimen

Quoting from Regimen:

"Apply to 1 area of your face at a time to promote absorption. For instance, do your forehead first, then your cheeks, then your chin."

In the beginning when you start off you use the small amount of BP, that I know. But is that amount for 1 area of your face or your whole face?

Quoting from Regimen:

"Apply to 1 area of your face at a time to promote absorption. For instance, do your forehead first, then your cheeks, then your chin."

In the beginning when you start off you use the small amount of BP, that I know. But is that amount for 1 area of your face or your whole face?

You use a smaller amount for you whole face. Your just using less so your face can adjust to the BP.

basically use a size of a pea of bp on ur chin

the same on ur forehead

an same for each cheek at the start

Then slowly move up so its more like 3pea's worth for each area

:cool:

basically use a size of a pea of bp on ur chin

the same on ur forehead

an same for each cheek at the start

Then slowly move up so its more like 3pea's worth for each area

:cool:

Ok I get it...thanks.

Also for exercise all Dan says is to try to fit it into your regimen schedule but what if you do it in the afternoon? Do you wash your face with just water or re-do everything?

once in morning once at night an thats it

so i washed jus now coz its 6:30am an im gettin ready for work at the office :confused:

an then il wash again 2nite before i go2 sleep or if im gon go out say after 9pm.

an thats it.

try to keep the gap between doin it 12hours

so u only get two applications in a day!

once in morning once at night an thats it

so i washed jus now coz its 6:30am an im gettin ready for work at the office :confused:

an then il wash again 2nite before i go2 sleep or if im gon go out say after 9pm.

an thats it.

try to keep the gap between doin it 12hours

so u only get two applications in a day!

Yeah I know but I'm saying if you workout and sweat do you just wash off your sweat with water?

oh wel if ur working out then id get a regimen that keeps ur face covered in BP the longest.

so if u workout at night then apply after u finish at the gym

or if u do it in the morning... wait to do the regimen once ur finished at the gym sorta thing!

no point apply bp only to sweat it out 2hours later hey

once i felt pretty icky and it was early evening, and i just washed my face off with water and re moisturized. no redoing the regimen. it didn't make a big diffference for me. if u give it some time to work, it'll do its job, it probably won't kill u if u wash it off a little bit earlier.

if u wwash it in the middle of hte day, that's a bit trickier. not sure what to suggest cause i don't want to steer u wrong. i find most of the acne fighting is done as night so if it were me, i would just wash my face and remoisturize, then do a good thorough regimen at night.

wel apply in the morning...

then workout

an then apply say 6pm or somethin

thats not that bigger gap hey

You are going to have to experiment and see what works.

After working out, you'll need to wash your face at least with water, possibly a cleanser. Then reapply moisturizer until you do the regimen at night.

This is the same question I was about to ask. I just started working out in the afternoon as well. I was thinking, regimen at about 8 am. After workout, wash face with cleanser and moisturize only. Then regimen again at night before bed. I don't like the idea of washing my face more than twice a day, but afternoon is the only time I can work in a workout.

Hopefully this will not negatively impact my progress.

Edit: I just searched the FAQ page for the regimen, and Dan states that sweat glands and sebaceous glands are totally separate parts of your skin that do not touch. Therefore, sweating should THEORECTICALLY not affect acne. He states that sweating does not warrant a third washing. Maybe just rinse and moisturize?

When I work out in the afternoon instead of at night, I rinse off my face with water and reapply moisturizer. I don't apply more BP and I don't wash my face with anything besides water.

When I work out in the afternoon instead of at night, I rinse off my face with water and reapply moisturizer. I don't apply more BP and I don't wash my face with anything besides water.

Thanks Cool As Kim Deal! :angel:

I work for UPS unloading trucks and i sweat buckets every night but i started wearing a headband and no sweat gets on my face.... face has been 5X better since... very simple thing but i never though about it until recently

I read that it is really important to wash your face after working out if you wear make-up. I don't know if the same goes for people with any other products on their face (such as a moisturizer) but I imagine it would be.