Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frowning

CAMERA: when i take pictures of myself...

Yeah sometimes in pics I can turn my head a certain way to hide red marks or have the light make that part of my face bright to conceal them. My skin is too blotchy in real life for me to feel better about myself.

yes.

everyone tells me i'm really photogenic, which iiii naturally interpret as looks alright in pics, looks inhuman in real life. of course they don't mean it but i feel like it's another manifestation of body dismorphic disorder, like you have a warped perception of yourself in mirrors but in photos you can see how you "really" look...?

Well, my sister's boyfriends camera takes the WORST pictures!! it makes you look 100x worse than you do in real life. My sister has the clearest skin ever and it makes her skin look blotchy and ugly.. this camera picks up all your imperfections and makes them look a million times worse!

i can totally understand this. i wear a lot of foundation, so when pictures are taken of me, more often than not, it looks like i have totally clear skin! when people that tell me how attractive i am online, i just laugh about it. what would they think if they actually saw how HORRIBLE my complexion is? i just can't take compliments because i'm hiding behind makeup and a flash.

Guest Tenshi

im with donkey..if u are not photogenic then u are gonna appreciate real life more then a photograph..i have to take about 10 photos b4 i like 1 of them..so for me, i am the opposite..

im with donkey..if u are not photogenic then u are gonna appreciate real life more then a photograph..i have to take about 10 photos b4 i like 1 of them..so for me, i am the opposite..

Yep me too, I always find I actually look worse in photos! :)

I always look way worse in pictures. But my friend swears that she, too, looks better in pictures.

I tell her she's photogenic because she's bueatiful, not because of any trick of the camera. She doesn't quite believe me, but it's true.

i too look horrible in pics, im thankful for the digital camera so i can delete all the bad ones...when i took pics with a regular camera and had them developed, i ended up throwing away half the roll! then when friends asked to see certain pics, i'd say..."oh you know...a lot didnt turn out, it was too dark...." :whistle: haha

I HATE photos. I look terriblein em. I'm so not photogenic. :snooty: If i looked in real life like i do in some photos i would've killed myself by now :lol:

The thing with pictures vs. how you perceive you look is that when you look at yourself in a mirror, if you don't like what you see, you can adjust the angle of your face until what you see looks like how you want it to. We're so used to living with mirrors and using them to judge our appearance that people do this quickly, almost instantaneously actually, and they don't even realize it or think about it. With pictures, either someone else is taking them and you have no control over how the camera sees you, or you're internet cam whoring it up but probably not very good at finding the same angle you would use when you look at a mirror. I agree that the color and lighting the camera catches can make a person look pretty different than how they would in person, but a lot of times I think the photograph is a more accurate gauge of how we look than what we see when we look in a mirror.