Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stee

Any tips on spot treating a cyst?

I'm not even sure if the thing is a cyst or not because it is basically inbetween a cyst and a pimple size O_O like a half cyst :) any ideas on getting it down faster?

I dont have much products so any tips would be great =0 (especially if it does not involve buying new products)

So if no new products.. what products do you have at the moment? I could try and figure something out that may help? Or suggest something relatively inexpensive for you to try?

The best thing you can do is DO NOT TOUCH! :naughty:

That is the fastest way to heal a cyst type spot. When I have one, if it is throbbing beneath the skin, I bathe it with a flannel dipped in really hot water for about 10 minutes. This really helps with the pain and also eases the swelling. And then I really gently rub in my BP Gel after washing as normal. But do it REALLY gently, hardly touching the skin at all. Unless you're rubbing in your BP Gel, or bathing it, under no circumstances must you touch that cyst. Its hard not to mess, but its the best way, honest. :)

I'm not even sure if the thing is a cyst or not because it is basically inbetween a cyst and a pimple size O_O like a half cyst :) any ideas on getting it down faster?

I dont have much products so any tips would be great =0 (especially if it does not involve buying new products)

I started getting cystic acne when I was about 18 yrs old., I tried everything (over the counter products, diet, etc.) , nothing worked. I never went to a deramtologist, because I never had the money and knew that they would only perscribe pharmaceuticals, which I am not in favor of. I lead a clean life, I dont believe in being medicated. Finally, in 1997 I saw a commercial for Pro Active Solution. I got it, and within the the first couple of days on this simple cleanser, toner and lotion (benzoyl peroxide active ingredient) , I say a miracle occur! It saved my life, and skin! I probably have had about 5 cystic pimples in 9 years, due to getting of the regime. I only use it at night, and then use a natural system, Hyluna, for day and special treatments, like exfoliation. My skin glows and I look at lest 10 years younger. I am 37 and I look fabulous!

Thanks for the replies guys. I have limited supplies at home O_O basically just some leftover BP from Proactiv which should work OK

I've had success with an ice cube. Hold it on the spot for a min or 2 every morning and evening. From what I heard, the bacteria inside can't take the temperature change, and the cold that penetrates helps to kill it, much like a hot compress will. It helps to reduce the swelling too. I've used it to get rid of the "deep" breakouts regularly, and it usually disappears in 3-4 days....... without breaking the surface, or scarring.