Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plateaukid

Ever seems like it's just you dealing with skin problems?

I don't how others here feel, but I sometimes truly feel that I am the only one that has a face with scars, red marks, and a pimple here or there. It seems like no one at school has skin as bad as mine. Whenever I walk around campus, I look around and see no one else with skin like mine. Everyone else is just enjoying themselves while I keep on worrying about how I look 24/7. In fact, I don't think I know anyone right now who has skin like mine. It just feels like no one can really understand what I'm going through. I'm hoping that I can eventually put all these feelings aside and go on with life with the Coolglide Lasers and Artefill injections eventually.

It can certainly feel like it at times. Especially when you're in college and by then most people have out grown their acne. I don't have any friends at all that suffer from acne. They're completely clear.

But obviously you're not the only one who suffers from scars and acne, since there are boards like these with tons of people with the same problems.

Yeah, I hear ya. Out of a thousand and 213 people in my High school, I only seen about 3 people with Acne as bad as mine. None of my friends have it as bad as me, so when we go out, I always feel like im a alien or something. But nevertheless, im getting over it, and living life to the fullest.

That's good to hear InfiniteQuestions. I do think it's important to try to live life to the fullest as much as you can, while at the same time, taking care of the problem. But some people don't understand why I have to spend $2000 on scar treatment....well, because they don't have scars, i guess.

all good points... the people at my college; most of em have clear scarless skin, but they aren`t scarless emotionally, some of them are real dumbasses... i feel like i am the only one going through this too, but its places like this that make you realise you aren`t....what annoys me most is that if i see someone with scars or acne i think how disgusting!.. for like a second, then i think, wait, i have that too, DDDDDAMN

Quite honestly! I felt the same way a year or two ago...that I was the only one in college with acne skin....but boy did things change, I won't lie, I see more people with skin problems nowadays...I mean, most people still have clear skin but I see a lot more people with skin issues then ever 2-3 years ago....I dunno, it just seems like it...

dude, i totally know what you mean. i think the same thing, i can't relate my skin to anyones. my brotha just graduated from college, and he JUST outgrew his acne. he got like 1 pimple in a very long time though, that's it. lucky mofo.

I was looking through some pictures of when I was in college, and in a few I had a couple pimples. Nothing major, but I still would get them. Funny thing is, back then, I NEVER even worried about them. I had a great social life, dated many chicks, and life was great.

Now at the age of almost 30, I break out more, but I am TOTALLY focused on it. I see tons of people with mild acne that you can tell they are how I was back then...they never even think about it. There are definitely much bigger problems in some people's lives.

Don't let it hold you back. Study hard, so you can get a job you want, and make enough money to be happy. :D

Kev

Funny thing is, back then, I NEVER even worried about them.  I had a great social life, dated many chicks, and life was great.

Kev

I have a question.. you say you dated certain chicks while you had acne. Did you have any problems with them looking at your face, like when you were close? That's probably why I dont have a girlfriend or date now. Every time I would see my date/gf I would worry about what they thought about my face 24/7.

if you've managed to get a g/f in the first place, then the person must have been able to look past your acne to see something that attracted her to you. maybe you've got a great sense of humour or something, but you gotta realise that looks really arent everythin (easy to say i know) and that someone who really likes you (or even loves you) will be able to see you for the great person you are. i try not to get too down about my skin, because it WILL get better sooner or later (hopefully sooner!!) and when it does i don't want to have lost touch with the people i know or alienated myself from society too much.

somethin i try and remember is that over the road lives a family whose twelve year old daughter was born with severe facial disfigurement, and has had many operations to try and fix it. (which im sorry to say havemt really worked) she's gettin to the age where she realises she may never have a boyfriend or a relationship of any sort. i really hope she does [-o< there's always someone worse off than you.

Funny thing is, back then, I NEVER even worried about them.  I had a great social life, dated many chicks, and life was great.

Kev

I have a question.. you say you dated certain chicks while you had acne. Did you have any problems with them looking at your face, like when you were close? That's probably why I dont have a girlfriend or date now. Every time I would see my date/gf I would worry about what they thought about my face 24/7.

Yea dude, there is some girl who supposedly likes me right now and i have no clue how2 hang out with her, bc only time she seems me is in the dark and my acne isnt so bad in the dark. But if she'd want to kiss me or even touch my stupid face, i would feel really insecure and horrible bc its just yucky touching my pimples, etc... and kissing and i just wish i didnt have acne, after all there is sooo much other stuff we have to worry about, yet we need to worry about acne as well, :) i think bc of acne, i still havent had 1 gf or 1 girl as a friend that likes me :D

Yea dude, there is some girl who supposedly likes me right now and i have no clue how2 hang out with her, bc only time she seems me is in the dark and my acne isnt so bad in the dark. But if she'd want to kiss me or even touch my stupid face, i would feel really insecure and horrible bc its just yucky touching my pimples, etc... and kissing and i just wish i didnt have acne, after all there is sooo much other stuff we have to worry about, yet we need to worry about acne as well, :) i think bc of acne, i still havent had 1 gf or 1 girl as a friend that likes me.

- Yeah, that what Im scared about. All of the kissing, touching and getting intimate with tons of pimples on your face/chest. I also blame being single on Acne too. ](*,)

where are those with problems on their skin? i never cross paths with acne battling individuals...i've seen older scarred victims but nobody going through the struggle...i bet if you looked at the world from a distance, it would resemble a face....yea...and we would be the nice freakin blemishes scattered about the surface....yea not as good of an analogy as i thought it would be =D> ...where did i go wrong :-k

where are those with problems on their skin? i never cross paths with acne battling individuals...

Well, In College, there are TONS, and I mean TONS of people with Acne.

I actually fit in! :-s

I don't how others here feel, but I sometimes truly feel that I am the only one that has a face with scars, red marks, and a pimple here or there.  It seems like no one at school has skin as bad as mine.  Whenever I walk around campus, I look around and see no one else with skin like mine.  Everyone else is just enjoying themselves while I keep on worrying about how I look 24/7.  In fact, I don't think I know anyone right now who has skin like mine.  It just feels like no one can really understand what I'm going through.  I'm hoping that I can eventually put all these feelings aside and go on with life with the Coolglide Lasers and Artefill injections eventually.

feel 100% the same mate, I cant stand it, I came on this message board/website today for the first time, and reading other peoples stories and comments actually makes me feel a lot better.

remember, there ARE people worse off than you! :D/

where are those with problems on their skin? i never cross paths with acne battling individuals...

same here, i see a lot more ppl on campus with acne than i did in HS. but they always do seem confident anyways. girls even talk to guys with acne and they all cutup an have fun. i just cant make myself be noticed even though they would mostly disreguard it if my personality was cool.

girls even talk to guys with acne and they all cutup an have fun.

Yeah, I know.. How the **** do those guys do it?

Guest Crooked I

In 3 years, ive probably seen about 3 other people with acne as bad as mine.

Where are these acne infested colleges?? I wanna go!!