Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, from what I hear, tazorac is somewhat of a topical version of accutane and it helps clear pores but takes about 12 weeks to fully work. I recently started using tazorac and will be starting accutane soon since antibiotics, etc are useless to me. My question is this: will the tazorac prevent me from having a bad IB on tane since as of now, I am breaking out a bit, not bad, but still breaking out and I think its from the tazorac. Also, should I be using Klaron with the tazorac at the same time? The derm who gave me the klaron is an idiot and didnt really explain much when I asked. Thanks in advance.

Well, you can either have the IB now or on 'tane, but w/my experience w/both retinoids and 'tane, I'd say have it on Tazorac. My IB on 'tane was much milder than the one I experienced on retinoids, but the zits that I did get left much worse scarring. I got three fairly deep scars from my IB on 'tane, and I cringe when I think about how bad it could have been had my pores not been cleared out due to Retin-A usage before hand.

I've never used Klaron, so I won't be much help to you on that one! Good luck w/your treatments!