Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loulou22

unclogging pores on this regimen

Hi can anyone recomend a way of unclogging my pores but still using the csr,i have been doing the csr for about 8 weeks now and my skin is looking alot better,but i am left with lots of under the skin raised pimples that show is certain angles and lighting,they dont hurt or anything so i think they r clogged pores. Im already using a moisturiser with lactic acid in but it isnt helping.

Is it worth me changing form using dove soap to a simple face wash,as im thinking it could be the soap that is causing them,but im too scared to change anything incase i break out.

Thanks

hey pm me and tell me what moisterizer you are using and how often, once i know that i can probly help

I don't want to be discouraging, but I found that while the Regimen killed all of my inflamed acne, it did nothing for clogged pores. I'm trying Retin-A now to help with those, but will probably go back on the Regimen after I've cleared them out, since it's cheap and effective.

hey pm me and tell me what moisterizer you are using and how often, once i know that i can probly help

hi im using eucerin moisturiser for dry skin andd i apply it twice a day.

I don't want to be discouraging, but I found that while the Regimen killed all of my inflamed acne, it did nothing for clogged pores. I'm trying Retin-A now to help with those, but will probably go back on the Regimen after I've cleared them out, since it's cheap and effective.

Yeah i dont think bp will do anything for the clogged pores.

How are you getting on with retin a? Where did u get it from and is it easy to get hold of?

Thanks

Retin-A is from a derm, its a prescription. But many people have used Green Cream, which does the same kind of thing only you can buy it yourself offline. Its expensive though, but they do have sample sizes. I noticed BP does nothing for clogged pores also!

loulou,

you might go ahead and consider switching cleanser. That soap may be part of the problem, would be worth a try.

loulou,

you might go ahead and consider switching cleanser. That soap may be part of the problem, would be worth a try.

Yeah i think that will be worth a try,i dont really wanna use retin a as it can cause nasty breakouts and dont want anymore of them!!

Can anyone recommend a decent face wash that wont clog pores,i have just been looking at loads of ingredients against the chart that rates each ingredient by how much it will clog pores and i cant find any without the bad ingredients,even the most gentle ones. grrr

I use Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser. One thing I must note is that it contains Salicylic Acid, which I read in The Regimen that it does not work well with Benzoyl Peroxide. Works pretty good for me, though.

hey i use the basic bar of soap on a wash rag and really gently clena my face for about 10 seconds, just smoothing it over my whole face...if you have clogged pores a wash rag isn't harsh enoug to irritate just pores, but if you have acne it might i dunno.but it works fine at reallly cleaning your pores and getting all the crap off you face ;)